onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

Boot 4 nowt to do yet we lose same old .

Raglan 5 let the cross come in for the goal ,not a right back looked indecisive but as game wore on was a threat at set pieces and grew in the position and did ok .

Howskins 7 very goox won everything i think he was excellent .

Smith no comment i think he played his part in there goal with not picking the player up yet again .

Montano 6

Pugh 6 cracking effort deserved a goal the volley second half wtf was that .

Tonge 6

Hannant 6 two reasonable chances for the lad and if only Barnetts header was on our **** pitch he would have had a chance equalise deservedly .

Worrall 7 put some very good balls in and was a constant threat ,one run u thinking go on son then he left it for forrester and it bobbled a chance to fire at goal gone once again pudding pitch kills the Vale .

Barnett 8 deserved better two headers saved one off the line and a fantastic shot which on another day goes in .

Forrester 4 we needed you step up and you havent .

Subs made us quite ineffective as none shone in fact we went as lame as which surprisedme as Gibbons is better than what he is showing as is Harness

Advert

Entitled to your opinion as am i. We were 6 or 7 points clear, yes we were in a bad run. Wimbledon was truly atrocious. Walsall the game he got the sack was awful. The previous game we were incredibly unlucky to lose 3-2 to Northampton having played really well.

My honest opinion is Michael Brown got us relegated particularly with his so called 11 cup finals rallying call where we failed to score in 9 of our last 11 games.

I don't see how having a personal opinion about us not going down under Bruno makes me lose credibility just because you don't agree.

I just think it's such a ridiculous opinion that for me (not necessarily others) your opinions mean a lot less from that point onwards.

How things are right now, I just think that anyone who genuinely cares about the club should be focusing 100% attention on the cancer destroying our club that is Norman Smurthwaite. Blaming Manager after Manager after Manager is incredibly short sighted.

Luckily I think you and a few posters on here are in a tiny minority of Vale fans. I just hope that there aren't any more instances similar to last night where Aspin was confronted. Whoever that so called fan is should be ashamed of themselves.

Considering the absolute joke of a situation he's walked into, I think he's worked wonders. If this time next season we're still near the foot of L2, playing this poorly, after Aspin has had a full summer to shape the squad he wants, within a sensible wage structure that enables quality over quantity...then I'll criticise him.

Until then, every single thing that is wrong at the club, is down to Norman Smurthwaite. It's really become that simple.

Forest Green have a budget that is £1 million more than ours and yet they are below us in the league. Chesterfield's wage budget is almost double ours and look where they are. Accy have an owner who is now pumping money into the club.

How do u know these things...

Club accounts. All available on t’internet at Companies House.

Boot 4 nowt to do yet we lose same old .

Raglan 5 let the cross come in for the goal ,not a right back looked indecisive but as game wore on was a threat at set pieces and grew in the position and did ok .

Howskins 7 very goox won everything i think he was excellent .

Smith no comment i think he played his part in there goal with not picking the player up yet again .

Montano 6

Pugh 6 cracking effort deserved a goal the volley second half wtf was that .

Tonge 6

Hannant 6 two reasonable chances for the lad and if only Barnetts header was on our **** pitch he would have had a chance equalise deservedly .

Worrall 7 put some very good balls in and was a constant threat ,one run u thinking go on son then he left it for forrester and it bobbled a chance to fire at goal gone once again pudding pitch kills the Vale .

Barnett 8 deserved better two headers saved one off the line and a fantastic shot which on another day goes in .

Forrester 4 we needed you step up and you havent .

Subs made us quite ineffective as none shone in fact we went as lame as which surprisedme as Gibbons is better than what he is showing as is Harness

Smith’s man was their top scorer Stockley. I thought Smith was excellent against him all night.

Entitled to your opinion as am i. We were 6 or 7 points clear, yes we were in a bad run. Wimbledon was truly atrocious. Walsall the game he got the sack was awful. The previous game we were incredibly unlucky to lose 3-2 to Northampton having played really well.

My honest opinion is Michael Brown got us relegated particularly with his so called 11 cup finals rallying call where we failed to score in 9 of our last 11 games.

I don't see how having a personal opinion about us not going down under Bruno makes me lose credibility just because you don't agree.

Ribeiro keeps getting work, and is in work now. So there must be something about him. He managed to get an excellent start to last season considering how awful the squad was, even if it did seem as though he was relying more on luck than managerial ability. As for the squad being awful, well he was a head coach and most of the players signed were just Smurthwaite's mate's players. As ever with Smurthwaite, the blame must go beyond the manager.

Brown had the squad weakened in January, as seems to be a trend under Smurthwaite, but I still think he was an awful manager. He'll never be employed as a manager again.

Ribeiro had to go as it was clearly not working and we needed a change. Brown managed to make things worse. It's not really fair to say what would have happened if Bruno had of stayed seen as we were never in the relegation zone under his tenure. I'm pretty sure we'd be in the relegation zone now if Brown was still in charge however.

This is nothing really to do with Exeter however, not sure why you brought it up.

That's twice we've played them off the park and they're going for the play-offs. Makes no sense.

Don't take your chances is the main reason for this happening. Also their defence are not as easy going as ours. Sort those 2 and we could be pushing for play offs or promotion slots.

May be next year it will happen.

I think fate is conspiring against us last four games should have won them all .

Every goal attempt for the opposition generally going in .

Mind you the probably previous four at home anyway we deserved lose or draw maximum them all .

Gates are getting worse as folk walk away as obviously they are taking it home and its negativity around your partners ,children ,family .

So this abysmal run which shows no sign of altering goes on .

Last night i enjoyed the efforts but when you conceding basically especially the last two home games goals like that then the writing is on the ball .

We have to work our nomads off get a goal the opposition dont thats my summary of a very poor seasons work yet again .

Even if we stay up whetes the selling point for next season .

We go again .

We get rid of yet another cluster of players who generally are 1 in 4 players which is judging by opposition players in league 2 is the norm for this league .

No cheap end and no imagination to get folk come along and part with there hard earned .

Another nail in the Vale coffin last night but you know what hurts the most it was all so avoidable .

We now have to win games and do u see these players delivering and even if they do the sloppy nature of the goals we conceded will leave us at best 3 rd bottom .

What a joke Smurf you have turned us into

I'm sorry but the manager should take the blame for the result last night. He consistently plays Tongue and Pugh in the middle who are apparently "quality on the ball". I could look quality on the ball if I sat that deep when the other team backs off so you have all the time in the world to pick a pass. ******* useless. How many games have we won this year since Tongue has been playing in the middle? Oh yeah!

I felt sorry for people like Worrall & Hannant (Whitfield & Harness once they came on too) yesterday as they have to try and beat around 6 men to make anything happen as there is no support from the two CMs. Next game just watch Tongue and Pugh when we have an attack they just trot forward once they find a pass absolutely garbage!

How can Aspin not see that until he changes the CMs (albeit we havent got many maybe Worrall, Hannant & Harness?) that we will never win a game!

I'm sorry but people do not want to pay £22 to come and see Michael ******* Tongue playing 3 yard passes sideways. Toss!

I'm sorry but the manager should take the blame for the result last night. He consistently plays Tongue and Pugh in the middle who are apparently "quality on the ball". I could look quality on the ball if I sat that deep when the other team backs off so you have all the time in the world to pick a pass. ******* useless. How many games have we won this year since Tongue has been playing in the middle? Oh yeah!

I felt sorry for people like Worrall & Hannant (Whitfield & Harness once they came on too) yesterday as they have to try and beat around 6 men to make anything happen as there is no support from the two CMs. Next game just watch Tongue and Pugh when we have an attack they just trot forward once they find a pass absolutely garbage!

How can Aspin not see that until he changes the CMs (albeit we havent got many maybe Worrall, Hannant & Harness?) that we will never win a game!

I'm sorry but people do not want to pay £22 to come and see Michael ******* Tongue playing 3 yard passes sideways. Toss!

I agree Pugh and Tonge is mad but we created a fair few good chances yesterday.

I'd understand people's concerns more if we weren't winning and we were playing poorly. We're not.

We're a missed penalty away from beating Grimbsy, could have beaten Barnet, could have nicked it against Stevenage despite going 2-0 down, and honestly could have scored 4 goals easy last night. One of the saves their keeper made in the 2nd half wouldn't look out of place at the highest level, added to two shots headed off the line.

We've done all of this without Pope. Luck balances itself out in football. I'm honestly less worried than I was 4 games ago, as we actually look half-decent (if a bit dull).

I agree Pugh and Tonge is mad but we created a fair few good chances yesterday.

I'd understand people's concerns more if we weren't winning and we were playing poorly. We're not.

We're a missed penalty away from beating Grimbsy, could have beaten Barnet, could have nicked it against Stevenage despite going 2-0 down, and honestly could have scored 4 goals easy last night. One of the saves their keeper made in the 2nd half wouldn't look out of place at the highest level, added to two shots headed off the line.

We've done all of this without Pope. Luck balances itself out in football. I'm honestly less worried than I was 4 games ago, as we actually look half-decent (if a bit dull).

True but not of that creativity came from any of the two CMs, just imagine what we would be like with three runners in the middle. I don't even think that Tongue and Pugh are that good at breaking up play either so it's pointless playing them there to cover the defense as they are just too slow

True but not of that creativity came from any of the two CMs, just imagine what we would be like with three runners in the middle. I don't even think that Tongue and Pugh are that good at breaking up play either so it's pointless playing them there to cover the defense as they are just too slow

Not strictly true. Tonge took the corners from which we could (should) have scored at least twice. Pugh was driving force the whole game and he was the on pushing the other players until the end. Pugh was also the start of almost every attack. Sorry it doesn't fit the agenda, and I agree they shouldn't be constantly playing together but last night they both had their merits.

Not strictly true. Tonge took the corners from which we could (should) have scored at least twice. Pugh was driving force the whole game and he was the on pushing the other players until the end. Pugh was also the start of almost every attack. Sorry it doesn't fit the agenda, and I agree they shouldn't be constantly playing together but last night they both had their merits.

Worrall must have received at least a dozen decent forward passes from those two.As Neil has said the team did everything asked of them except win.

Fair enough let's just agree to disagree I really do think we will struggle to win a game with Michael Tongue in CM. I personally think we can put better in there.

I've been the first to criticise the both of them but I actually thought Tonge and Pugh played pretty decently last night, broke up the play and kept the ball moving, which is pretty much the limit of their capabilities. Gave the attacking 4 a bit of freedom and it nearly paid off.

If Wilson is back available for the next few games I think Barnett and Wilson is the way forward till Pope returns. I've quite liked Barnett all year and he showed last night what some decent crosses and players around him can do.

Archived