onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

Well got a day off tomorrow so got up and watched the second half. Played okay but the basic skill levels of some of those players is appalling.....professional doesn't appear in the same sentence as some of them. If a brickie or a mechanic had their level of basic skill in their profession they'd be sacked. How they cannot control a ball or play a simple pass is beyond belief. We are where we are because we have some pi$$ poor players. Who's to blame for that has been discussed on millions of other threads. Blaming Aspo is beyond my comprehension.....he has got what he has got, end of....and some of them are not fit for purpose. Beyond the basic skill levels some of their reading of the game is non existent.....how many balls did Barnett win/knock on/knock down tonight and no one anticipated, took a gamble or perhaps thought he might win the header.

I still think we'll be safe but by Kerist it is poor fare and I just wonder what is going to happen to PVFC?

I'm off back to bed...hope I can sleep through the nightmares of Tonge's free kick being replayed in my mind!

Glad you can see it. How many thousand of miles away ?

This is probably the worst squad we have had for many a year.

Yes we do have some better players than the last couple of years but the actual squad is awful.

I do have to ask Aspin questions though :

It seems that every game we now take off a full back who is garbage and replace him with a full back who is garbage.

To me it is a waste of a substitution.

Pick one and stick with him for 90 mins at least

We try tonight with two up front. Unfortunately Forester is one of them, he is garbage. When we take him off we dont replace him with the only forward left in the club [ Turner, who is also garbage ] but we put mr dependable, mr i play anywhere, mr i am your man Asp, Hannett up front. WHY

I am sure Hannett will end up playing center midfield so why not try him there now, with 30 mins to go, take off Pugh or Tonge and put him there. This would allow a proper forward !! to play up front. We had nothing to lose so why not try Turner

Hannett is the one and only bright spark since Christmas and i see him as a Vale player next season but he is not a goal scorer - he is 2 / 3 a season man - he is not the best creater / skilful player but he is a worker, tackler, and a decent footballer

We were unlucky tonight, we have won points when we did not deserve and tonight we were unlucky but overall we are a poor poor team.

Can Aspin change our squad, wholesale changes again,

He has no chance without backing.

If he has backing can he do it. Hope so but not too sure.

Will he get the backing.

From Smurf no.

Advert

Yes we do have some better players than the last couple of years but the actual squad is awful.

It seems that every game we now take off a full back who is garbage and replace him with a full back who is garbage.

We try tonight with two up front. Unfortunately Forester is one of them, he is garbage. When we take him off we dont replace him with the only forward left in the club [ Turner, who is also garbage ] but we put mr dependable, mr i play anywhere, mr i am your man Asp, Hannett up front. WHY

I am sure Hannett will end up playing center midfield so why not try him there now, with 30 mins to go, take off Pugh or Tonge and put him there. This would allow a proper forward !! to play up front. We had nothing to lose so why not try Turner

Hannett is the one and only bright spark since Christmas and i see him as a Vale player next season but he is not a goal scorer - he is 2 / 3 a season man - he is not the best creater / skilful player but he is a worker, tackler, and a decent footballer

We were unlucky tonight, we have won points when we did not deserve and tonight we were unlucky but overall we are a poor poor team.

Will he get the backing.

From Smurf no.

The most sensible post on this thread.

Why do so many fans seem to think Aspin's not to blame.

He admitted Pope had been carrying an injury since Christmas but he kept playing him and ran him into the ground.

How many matches did we win during that period NONE.

Why didn't he get the operation done straight away.

We would have had him back fully fit by mid February and had him over these 6 Pointer games Barnet and Grimsby and the Easter Games. He is obsessed with Tongue and Pugh when everybody else can see they are not the answer.

His Loan signings have been atrocious.

Smith,Pope and Worrall the rest ?

I just cannot see us winning another game , I just hope Barnet and Chesterfield don't go on a good run.

Chesterfield have to play the other 5 Bottom teams and could easily overtake us.

Whether the odd draw will be enough for us, we shall see. I just hope so.

What on earth has happened to Gibbons?

Sorry to say but this is probably the true Gibbons.

Maybe pressure but i struggle to see a professional footballer in him.

Excellent first month or so but nothing at all since and there have been far more poor performances than good.

Second half for the last two matches, you cannot blame that on confidence,

he looks poor defensively, cannot pass, makes very little forward runs and offers nothing to the team at all.

Why do so many fans seem to think Aspin's not to blame.

He admitted Pope had been carrying an injury since Christmas but he kept playing him and ran him into the ground.

How many matches did we win during that period NONE.

Why didn't he get the operation done straight away.

We would have had him back fully fit by mid February and had him over these 6 Pointer games Barnet and Grimsby and the Easter Games. He is obsessed with Tongue and Pugh when everybody else can see they are not the answer.

His Loan signings have been atrocious.

Smith,Pope and Worrall the rest ?

I just cannot see us winning another game , I just hope Barnet and Chesterfield don't go on a good run.

Chesterfield have to play the other 5 Bottom teams and could easily overtake us.

Whether the odd draw will be enough for us, we shall see. I just hope so.

You don't think after having 2 shots cleared off the line, and the keeper making 2 excellent saves, we won't win another game? If Tonge puts his penalty the other way at Grimsby, we win that game.

I agree things are bad and dull, and Aspo is making some questionable decisions. However, if we didn't give him a summer (hopefully with a better off the field situation) to build his own squad, I'd always question what if.

Hannant's been a good signing. His other permanents, Angus and Howe, haven't played. Maybe they'll feature next season. Loans have been poor admittedly.

I still think he'll keep us up, and we owe it to him to give him a summer and a go next season.

Best I’ve seen them play this season really. Worrell, Hannant, Barnett looked decent tonight.

Particularly poor today-

Tonge, so many astray balls and poor touches meant he went backwards instead of forwards so many times

Gibbons, terrible delivery, terrible running with be ball, really gone backwards.

Forrester was absolutely horrendous yet again. Surely the last start for him in a Vale shirt

You don't think after having 2 shots cleared off the line, and the keeper making 2 excellent saves, we won't win another game? If Tonge puts his penalty the other way at Grimsby, we win that game.

I agree things are bad and dull, and Aspo is making some questionable decisions. However, if we didn't give him a summer (hopefully with a better off the field situation) to build his own squad, I'd always question what if.

Hannant's been a good signing. His other permanents, Angus and Howe, haven't played. Maybe they'll feature next season. Loans have been poor admittedly.

I still think he'll keep us up, and we owe it to him to give him a summer and a go next season.

The only team down at the bottom who really strengthened in the January window were Forest Green and they did it by throwing daft money at the situation. Aspin did not have that option so he ended up at the Poundland sale. Yes he's made mistakes but he has a long way to go before he makes as many as Dear Leader.

Will he get the backing.

From Smurf no.

I think Luke Hannant is a better player.

I think Luke Hannant is a better player.

Luke Hannant is a very good player but should we play him up front NO

We had to take Forrester off he is terrible and should not start in my opinion but Aspin has no other alternative.

When he took him off he moved Hannant to play up the middle just behind Barnett. This was wrong. Whitfield, Harness, Turner all should be there before Hannant.

Hannant should be playing in the center, instead of tired legs Pugh or Tonge and i am certain he would still make some good forward runs.

I dont believe the above players are better than Hannant but maybe they are a better option to ' try ' and score the goal we needed

Please anyone on here give Tom Pope stick when all we have up front is a pair of clueless tw##s that dunna give a fu##.The pair of them had the service tonight but could not hit a barn door. Utter tripe.

Archived