onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

Guest TommyMac
But Kay is even slower than either of those two and we know Pugh is s*** at left back so how come we won those two games with a manager in charge who hasn't got a clue what he's doing???!!

Alternatively, how come we haven't won a match this year with a squad that is only missing Gavin Gunning from the starting eleven in those two games? That makes a mockery of saying the squad isn't good enough so why haven't we won since.

*Disclaimer* I don't think Neil Aspin should be sacked but neither do I believe he should be absolved of all blame. I also don't believe it will be a miraculous achievement to keep us in League 2 but I will be mighty relieved.

Advert

I agree Pugh and Tonge is mad but we created a fair few good chances yesterday.

I'd understand people's concerns more if we weren't winning and we were playing poorly. We're not.

We're a missed penalty away from beating Grimbsy, could have beaten Barnet, could have nicked it against Stevenage despite going 2-0 down, and honestly could have scored 4 goals easy last night. One of the saves their keeper made in the 2nd half wouldn't look out of place at the highest level, added to two shots headed off the line.

We've done all of this without Pope. Luck balances itself out in football. I'm honestly less worried than I was 4 games ago, as we actually look half-decent (if a bit dull).

My fear is we've already used all our luck this season with other results continually going our way each week, disguising just how bad this team is.

My fear is we've already used all our luck this season with other results continually going our way each week, disguising just how bad this team is.

When we couldn't beat Newport, every other team around us won. That wasn't results going for us and I doubt it will happen again this season.

Alternatively, how come we haven't won a match this year with a squad that is only missing Gavin Gunning from the starting eleven in those two games? That makes a mockery of saying the squad isn't good enough so why haven't we won since.

*Disclaimer* I don't think Neil Aspin should be sacked but neither do I believe he should be absolved of all blame. I also don't believe it will be a miraculous achievement to keep us in League 2 but I will be mighty relieved.

If you look at the season as a whole, December is the blip not the norm. We had a run of games where everything went right for us - look at our first goal at Carlisle as an example. Since the turn of the year the run of the ball has completely deserted us. Soft penalty given to Notts County. Absolutely blatant one not given at Forest Green. Billy Kee’s impression of Maradonna at Accy, etc. Yes we’ve not played well but we could have quite easily won three of our last four games if the football gods had smiled on us instead of spitting in our eye.

I think Aspin tells them how it is and i think thats better than telling them its ok lad theres always next week .

Have the week off from training but your in the team sat .

U dont have put it in because theres only one man and his dog watching you .

I cannot imagine Aspo telling them any of that .

I think if he isnt happy in what he sees he tells them then its upto the players to respond with good performance or sulk and put in another lousy performance .

Its a hard situation as we have lost 18 games out of 38 and this is what he as to work with .

He cannot sell them ,no one wants them ,he cannot show them the door because he doesnt trust the others so he puts his trust in them and keeps faith in them knowing that they are deep down really annoying him like us .

My heart goes out to Aspo ,what a massive job he as keeping Vale in the league and then trying convince folk that they should part with there money again for next season .

Its being a shocking season up to yet will it get worse or will it get better well 8 bleeding cup finals to go .

I hope these players dont let Aspin and the loyal Vale fans down who follow them everywhere ,i dont Vale is just a social event to me a chance catch up with pals have a drink then head to the wembley of the north and take all lifes frustrations out through getting behind Vale .

Bad times but it can only turn if players have bottle ,most of the goals conceded by us this season have being sunday league stuff .

I cannot recall other than forest Greens winner at forest green any belting goals going in v us most of them are players switching off (Smith very regularly yes he plays well for the rest of the game but them mistakes are very costly and i havent got time watch all the opposition goals but being quite a few free shots in our box where Smith has let someone either get in front of him to lay it off or being to slow react ).

My Opinion.

UTV

Can’t understand why you keep blaming Smith.

Sitting in the Railway it was obvious Raglan lost his man and allowed the cross to be played into the box.

It was obvious the winger was left footed so not rocket science to stop him crossing the ball.

Gibbons would have marked him more tightly and actually got a tackle in.

Guest TommyMac
If you look at the season as a whole, December is the blip not the norm. We had a run of games where everything went right for us - look at our first goal at Carlisle as an example.

Of course it was, so why did you use those two games to defend the manager? Won't you admit that Aspin is partly to blame for going almost 3 months without a win or has he not made mistakes, some of them time and again?

Can’t understand why you keep blaming Smith.

Sitting in the Railway it was obvious Raglan lost his man and allowed the cross to be played into the box.

It was obvious the winger was left footed so not rocket science to stop him crossing the ball.

Gibbons would have marked him more tightly and actually got a tackle in.

It's the obsession that Smith is a Stoke fan!!He played well last night and constantly puts his head where others chicken out.

Getting more than a little concerned now. No wins in 13 games even though all the defeats, apart from one, were by the odd goal.

Unfortunately, when we play like we did last night and still lose, it does shouts out ‘relegation’ in much the same way as last season’s goal drought with Brown in charge.

Thought the only ones last night to shine for me were Howkins, Worrall, Hannant and Barnett. It was crying out for a proper right back but when we got one, he was worse than Raglan who he replaced. Montano seems to think you have to find touch he put that many balls into the stands, must have been his time at Bristol’s Memorial Ground. Forrester has never impressed me in 2 seasons, most of the time injured. Didn’t impress last night either. Harness has got something about him but rarely shows it, woeful end product.

Still think that we only need another 5 points but whether we will get them with the low confidence and the quality of the squad leaves me very worried. Chesterfield and Crewe games massive, lose them and I fear the end will be nigh !

Of course it was, so why did you use those two games to defend the manager? Won't you admit that Aspin is partly to blame for going almost 3 months without a win or has he not made mistakes, some of them time and again?

I'm not disputing for one minute that Aspin has made mistakes, although as I said previously, he has a hell of a long way to go before he's made as many as the owner. I just get angry when people blame certain players for everything because they have a fixed idea in their heads which won't shift no matter what goes on in front of them on the pitch. Each season certain Vale fans pick on a player who is "it". Louis Dodds has suffered in this way. Adam Yates has. This season it's Tonge and Pugh - I thought they both did well last night but apparently I was wrong. I thought Barnett had his best game for us but apparently he can't hit a barn door.

Aspin is not Guardiola - but he's probably the best we can get for the money the owner is prepared to pay. John Askey was offered less than he was on at Macc to do the job! Yes he has made mistakes - show me a manager who hasn't. No he shouldn't have played Raglan last night. But one thing I do know, he is a better and more experienced manager than anyone on this forum and I'm prepared to forgive him a few mistakes because I know he will give his all to save this club. It's just a shame there are people behind the scenes who don't share his determination and honesty.

I'm not disputing for one minute that Aspin has made mistakes, although as I said previously, he has a hell of a long way to go before he's made as many as the owner. I just get angry when people blame certain players for everything because they have a fixed idea in their heads which won't shift no matter what goes on in front of them on the pitch. Each season certain Vale fans pick on a player who is "it". Louis Dodds has suffered in this way. Adam Yates has. This season it's Tonge and Pugh - I thought they both did well last night but apparently I was wrong. I thought Barnett had his best game for us but apparently he can't hit a barn door.

Aspin is not Guardiola - but he's probably the best we can get for the money the owner is prepared to pay. John Askey was offered less than he was on at Macc to do the job! Yes he has made mistakes - show me a manager who hasn't. No he shouldn't have played Raglan last night. But one thing I do know, he is a better and more experienced manager than anyone on this forum and I'm prepared to forgive him a few mistakes because I know he will give his all to save this club. It's just a shame there are people behind the scenes who don't share his determination and honesty.

well said Miss. Love this post.

Archived