onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Exeter City

Fosse69

I'm not disputing for one minute that Aspin has made mistakes, although as I said previously, he has a hell of a long way to go before he's made as many as the owner. I just get angry when people blame certain players for everything because they have a fixed idea in their heads which won't shift no matter what goes on in front of them on the pitch. Each season certain Vale fans pick on a player who is "it". Louis Dodds has suffered in this way. Adam Yates has. This season it's Tonge and Pugh - I thought they both did well last night but apparently I was wrong. I thought Barnett had his best game for us but apparently he can't hit a barn door.

Aspin is not Guardiola - but he's probably the best we can get for the money the owner is prepared to pay. John Askey was offered less than he was on at Macc to do the job! Yes he has made mistakes - show me a manager who hasn't. No he shouldn't have played Raglan last night. But one thing I do know, he is a better and more experienced manager than anyone on this forum and I'm prepared to forgive him a few mistakes because I know he will give his all to save this club. It's just a shame there are people behind the scenes who don't share his determination and honesty.

But I still think Barnett is a poor Darren Beckford.

Advert

Guest TommyMac
But one thing I do know, he is a better and more experienced manager than anyone on this forum and I'm prepared to forgive him a few mistakes because I know he will give his all to save this club.

I couldn't agree more. I'm just not sure his all will be enough to save us from his mistakes.

No, you were just expressing an opinion. There's a difference.
Jean can you have more discussions on Radio Stoke because I love your honesty.I might sound a bit controversial on here but the love I have within my heart for Port Vale is unbreakable.

Jean can you have more discussions on Radio Stoke because I love your honesty.I might sound a bit controversial on here but the love I have within my heart for Port Vale is unbreakable.

I think with a few notable exceptions, all of us on here feel the same, Beza.

What was Tonge doing giving up and just walking for the goal?

Useless lazy *******. Just ******* retire already.

To be fair to Tonge later in the game he bust a gut to get back into the centre of the box to put in a great block to prevent another tap in when again the 5 defenders all stood around ball watching.

Don't understand why he stays on for the entire 90 or why he takes all the set pieces, not great at any of them.

Agreed. Anyone blaming Aspin at this moment in time needs to give their head an absolute wobble.

It is blatently clear that Aspin was not given the money he needed and the team needed to push on in January. We lost Gunning because the club wouldn't make him a decent offer despite Aspin vocally wanting to keep him. We lost Pope to injury because we have no-one else who can play and get the goals we need up front. Barnett, Forrester and Turner just aren't good enough to replace Pope and Angus is a long term project. Apart from Hannant and Angus, all the players we've signed have been loan deals where we are probably contributing little to nothing in terms of wages to their parent clubs. We don't have an experienced keeper and wages are taken up by two experienced but aging players in midfield. So Aspin has been working with a chairman who won't put his hands in the sweetie jar for wages and working with players signed by the former manager who blatently aren't good enough.

Yes a couple of times Aspin has made tactical decisions that have left people scratching their heads, but so did Mickey Adams and so did John Rudge. Aspin deserves a chance next season and deserves our support. Aspin was appointed on October 4th. We took 26 points out of a possible 42 in his first 14 league games. Over the course of the season that's 85 points. We put 4 past Luton and beat teams like Coventry and Carlisle. In the first game in January we were a dodgy penalty away from taking a point from Notts County. Aspin clearly has the ability but we are stuck in a rut and he needs our support to get out of it, not idiots wanting a manager sacked who's only been in a job 6 months.

What evidence is their that the transfer window was really poor due to lack of cash.

At no point did Aspin or Rudge indicate that they had no money.

Aspin has had no problems talking about his frustrations with “backstabbers” so why would he not vent his frustration about lack of cash?

Can’t understand why you keep blaming Smith.

Sitting in the Railway it was obvious Raglan lost his man and allowed the cross to be played into the box.

It was obvious the winger was left footed so not rocket science to stop him crossing the ball.

Gibbons would have marked him more tightly and actually got a tackle in.

Didnt we put 40 balls in the box and score approximately none as they had had defenders who were in right place at the right time and a goalie who had a mental attitude thou shall not pass.

So once it comes in you have to deal with it Smith didnt resulting in a goal l and it aint the first time (Crewe Dagnall goal ) etc etc etc but he is local so thats ok we will forgive his misgivings while we end up in national league .

It isnt because he is a stoke fan either as if stoke are so previous to him why aint they give him a chance in there club so i wouldnt expect any young player who followed stoke when they were younger who plays for Vale not be giving everything for Vale as at least they give local lads the chance play in front of a crowd ,Stoke young academy players have to play second hand to over paid brought in players so they get to 25 and think hey whats this is all about .

Im local i want play for Stoke ,sorry kid not happening go on loan to Rochdale etc .

So i think anyone who has made it in the game it should be irrelevant who you support .

We have minimum 5000 folk who watch us u owe it to yourselves as a professional to perform well and get your dream move to whoever but you have to earn it .

Vale give these players there chance all i ask is for them players to deliver sothat we can have more interest in us .

The way we going be lucky have 2000 gates next season so mistakes have to cut out ,we have to win every game and certainly not lose .

Last night was daylight robbery ,the team played well bar there goal which was abysmal .

Its all so disappointing

What evidence is their that the transfer window was really poor due to lack of cash.

At no point did Aspin or Rudge indicate that they had no money.

Aspin has had no problems talking about his frustrations with “backstabbers” so why would he not vent his frustration about lack of cash?

He did say that the wage bill at the end of the window was less than it was at the start.

As much as it pains me to say it why shouldn't his role in all of this be questioned? He is on the pay roll but can anyone point out one positive contribution he has made?

Thank God you’re a Sjoke fan. I was worried for a minute that you’d lost your sanity but I suddenly realised you never had it in the first place. Lol.

Archived