onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Our only hope Aspin gone

Many now can see that whilst Neil Aspin was a true legend as a player he is a poor manager.

The dressing room is clearly gone. He continues with the “only Tom Pope is capable of scoring” mentality.

For gods sake Neil drop Pope play two wingers and two forwards.

WE ARE GOING OUT OF THE LEAGUE do you have to bore us all to death as well.

Not a panic measure but let’s just get some one in to save us quick.

Advert

:laugh:

Many now can see that whilst Neil Aspin was a true legend as a player he is a poor manager.

The dressing room is clearly gone. He continues with the “only Tom Pope is capable of scoring” mentality.

For gods sake Neil drop Pope play two wingers and two forwards.

WE ARE GOING OUT OF THE LEAGUE do you have to bore us all to death as well.

Not a panic measure but let’s just get some one in to save us quick.

Nope not at all I knew Aspin would fail what's he done in football as a manager .... Answer is failed

After 30 games you say he has failed.....give your head a wobble

Like it or not his remit was to keep us in the league....if we are relegated he has failed,should we stay up he has succeeded and then can hopefully build

people are unbelievable at times

Aspo has inherited a dog’s dinner. If we stay up it’s because of him not despite him. He has a Chairman who has no interest in the club. He has players who have no interest in the club. When he took over managing this failing institution we all said it would be a miracle if he kept us up. So we knew it was going to be a rollercoaster of emotions. We are five points clear and we have four of the teams in the dogfight to play. That miracle can be achieved and Aspo is the man to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

After 30 games you say he has failed.....give your head a wobble

Like it or not his remit was to keep us in the league....if we are relegated he has failed,should we stay up he has succeeded and then can hopefully build

people are unbelievable at times[/quote

He came when we had 5 points to take on a virtually impossible task, most people thought. But he raised our hopes, although sadly this year has fallen back. Whether a burst of inspiration can come from somewhere who knows? At present it does not seem likely, but all we have is hope.

I very rarely post on this forum, I tend to stay away as it has always tended to attract "fans" who seem to have the intelligence of Artell and an overblown sense of self importance.

This confirms my opinion, it's quite possibly the most stupid or uninformed post I have seen on the internet.

Unless this is a wind up to bring the fools out into the open, and is actually the mindset of a significant number of Vale fans, the club is doomed.

Sadly nobody could save this bunch of duffers. However I do have many issues with Aspin. He should have demanded a backing in Jan before signing any new contract.

He should not have got rid of Lawrie Wilson. He only played 7 times but regardless of how bad he was, he was still a vastly experienced, proven player in a higher league.

Getting rid of the players we did has not helped the current situation, in fact we now have worse

Kay is much much worse and yet we kept him.

He doesn’t seem to give a damn on the touch line and tries to be a cool dude despite the fact that some players need a serious talking to.

Brown seemed to be better at attracting players, although was hopeless at organizing them.

Despite the awful football etc, the one slight bright light is the team still looks organized.

Over the last 3 years or so managers have come and gone. Players have come and gone, but despite these changes the downward spiral has continued. What’s the ONE constant thing over this period ? The Fat Blue One. Aspin, like managers before him, has an almost impossible job under Smurfthwaite. I really fear that we could do a York & Stockport, assuming we even stay in business. Aspin has done well overall, but will it be enough ? Ask Smurfthwaite, he seems to think he knows everything else.

Aspin wouldn’t have been my choice but he was possibly the best we could get in our position and I think it is one of the few correct decisions Smurf has made. The jury is out on Aspin but we have to get behind him and the players till at least the end of the season, now is not the time to get on to him or change a manager. Let’s stay up this season and see some investment where we can see how he gets on next season, if after investment we are in a similar position come Christmas then maybe he is a failure and we should look elsewhere but IMO Smurf Is the real problem we have and the parasite who needs to go.

This is getting really serious now as fans are getting on the back of probably one of the best defenders together with the greatest manager in Vale's history. It's time WE all rallied around before we end up relegated .The atmosphere yesterday was awful ,even before the first 15 mins passed. Let's try to get the lads over the line. Some are diverting the situation away from the cause NORMAN SMURTHWAITE! !!!!!

Archived