onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

That Channel 4 news programme was pretty damning as well as worrying.

The growth of social media and how billionaires with power and influence can twist what we read is quite shocking.

All politicians are economical with the truth, We know that. But this type of fake news story is appalling and deliberately aimed to undermine the truth.

Should people who spread false "news" to advance a political argument be condemned .... yes.

Whether that is "The immigrants are coming" or "The economy will crash the day after the brexit vote", "The Turks are coming" or "people who voted brexit are stupid and didn't know what they were doing".

It's all misleading and incorrect... condemn it all... cherry picking the bits that suit your argument is a little........ off.

Should people who spread false "news" to advance a political argument be condemned .... yes.

Whether that is "The immigrants are coming" or "The economy will crash the day after the brexit vote", "The Turks are coming" or "people who voted brexit are stupid and didn't know what they were doing".

It's all misleading and incorrect... condemn it all... cherry picking the bits that suit your argument is a little........ off.

Did you watch it? Do you understand the arguments being put forward and the differences between them? Genuine questions. I don't think that you do.

Distasteful and disgusting video/images and tactics made by seemingly distasteful and disgusting people who should feel the full force of the law if true.

However the key question is, "Did these images/video have any effect on the result of the referendum", I very much doubt it.

Did you watch it? Do you understand the arguments being put forward and the differences between them? Genuine questions. I don't think that you do.

I was not referencing the programme, I'm suggesting it all be condemned, I'm not saying it's all equal just all wrong, all misleading, all incorrect and possibly all biased?

Basing a decision on bad information can lead to a bad decision.

Distasteful and disgusting video/images and tactics made by seemingly distasteful and disgusting people who should feel the full force of the law if true.

However the key question is, "Did these images/video have any effect on the result of the referendum", I very much doubt it.

Maybe not in this isolated instance but when part of a constant bombardment of anti-immigrant rhetoric, I think they do.

Surely there is a difference between saying what is happening now and what will happen in the future??

Surely there is a difference between saying what is happening now and what will happen in the future??

That would depend on the context..... as in something is coming at an unspecified date in the future as opposed to at this moment in time.... as if you didn't know 555

But you just have because he didn't say that.

Unfortunately, he did. And when pushed by Andrew Marr to say whether he really meant that? Rather than retract, he went on to say that he probably hadn't gone far enough with his description! This is the man that criticised Comic Relief for raising money for black people but used white media celebreties to spread the message. Make your own mind up about the man. IMO he's a prize ****!

You must have been watching a different interview then?

You said "Talking of rants,I've just watched the Tottenham MP on the Marr show where he was effectively saying Brexiteers are worse than the Nazis" Lammy was not saying Brexiteers were Nazis. He was saying that a number of the ultra right wing Brexiteers were like Nazis, not all Brexiteers which is what you said. And when you look at some of the ultra right wing Brexiteers like JRM, who retweeted stuff from the German AfD, you have to think he has a point.

You said "Talking of rants,I've just watched the Tottenham MP on the Marr show where he was effectively saying Brexiteers are worse than the Nazis" Lammy was not saying Brexiteers were Nazis. He was saying that a number of the ultra right wing Brexiteers were like Nazis, not all Brexiteers which is what you said. And when you look at some of the ultra right wing Brexiteers like JRM, who retweeted stuff from the German AfD, you have to think he has a point.

Poor attempt to defend him ,Jean.I see he didn’t mention the Party of Holocaust deniers and Anti Semites in his rant.Just another MP wanting celebrity status.

Archived