onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

If we ever actually leave as the referendum decided we may find striking deals very easy to do. The No deal planning should have started three years ago not in the last twelve months

You don't build rome overnight

If it works, silly to change it, perhaps it will dawn on people one of these days.

Crikey you have been reading Animal Farm to much.Most people agree since being a member of the EU we have never had it so good.

Being in Europe has also plunged people into poverty and debt

Being in Europe has pushed up rents and mortgage costs

Being in Europe has raised car taxes and car insurances

Being in Europe has taken well needed monies away from local government

Being in Europe has put a lot of smaller business out of business

Only snobs whom have had it good for so long and able to escape the realities of what high end immigration has done to working class communities can appreciate what a leave vote really means. Those insulated from the realities are simply too ignorant and stupid to even begin to contemplate and so will repeat their contemptuous and ignorant rhetoric

The majority of people will win in the end and that's not the likes of people who travel over Europe on a whim and live in plush four bedroom houses^^^^

Sorry all the deals are stitched up, mainly by the EU.We may manage the odd deal with the Phillipines and the Faroe Islands, don't expect much more.

If we ever actually leave as the referendum decided we may find striking deals very easy to do. The No deal planning should have started three years ago not in the last twelve months

You don't build rome overnight

Crikey you have been reading Animal Farm to much.Most people agree since being a member of the EU we have never had it so good.

Wages have never felt so low, houses and housing have never been so expensive and sparse and noone can walk into town anymore without seeing the odd row of shops closed down

Yeah great

Wages have never felt so low, houses and housing have never been so expensive and sparse and noone can walk into town anymore without seeing the odd row of shops closed down

Yeah great

Very true, but nothing to do with the EU, blame Govt policies, Amazon etc

So Regal, that's admitting that your often rolled out reason for Leaving, "We will get our sovereignty back" is a load of cobblers.

So why exactly did you vote Leave and why do you still continue to support Leaving the EU.

Not one bit. We don't currently have sovereignty and I've 100% proven that with the official eu court website.

Debating individual laws is not relevant and is a petty and lazy attempt to move the goal posts to try and claim a victory from an already determined defeat.

I support leaving the EU because of the significant benefits it will bring to this country and also because I respect democracy and the democratic will of this nation is to leave the EU.

Sovereignty is an abstract term and there are many ways of defining it. But I presume Leavers would say it is primarily about making our own decisions and not letting other countries influence what we do.

My argument is that sovereignty is often better shared and it is not always sensible to be isolated and on your own. Sometimes being part of a larger organisation for its members' mutual benefit is advantageous and the right thing to do.

Sovereignty comes into it because in NATO, like the EU, we have joined a group of nations and shared sovereignty in terms of working together, allocating resources collectively and co-operating. The CIC of NATO is the US President not the PM.

It is a perfect example of collaboration to our advantage rather than going it alone.

Of course the EU is not primarily a peace keeping organisation but working very closely together with 27 other countries must surely encourage understanding, tolerance and mutual respect. Note, the EU was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2012.

But that's by the by. The point is that NATO [like the UN and the EU] is an example of where counties share sovereignty for their own benefit and where it's looked upon as a sensible, pragmatic thing to do rather than going it alone and being isolated on our own.

Ok but that's not what sovereignty is? Sovereignty is the supreme authority, which in our legislature is the EU.

I agree with many of the sentiments of your post. It would be nice to operate with the EU in a mutually beneficial trade agreement.

The problem is as I keep saying that the cost of our membership is way too high. And not just in monetary terms.

Just done a witty post criticising David Lammy for his latest mental outburst with a funny disclaimer implying that the post has nothing to do with his skin colour (It's funny because it is 100% obvious yet I'll still probably get called out for it)

But I accidentally deleted it trying to correct a spelling error and CBA write it out again.

That's 62 years ago and the world has moved on.

In any case the period from 1960 onwards was very poor and Macmillan [who you quoted] wanted us to join the EU because we were in a mess economically. That's why Wilson and Heath both wanted us to join as well, to get a piece of the action,at least in part.

I know mate..... I was there.

If it works, silly to change it, perhaps it will dawn on people one of these days.

Things worked in 1900 but the Labour party was formed to change it..... perhaps because people thought it didn't work well enough.... or it didn't work for them..... or it could work better.....

Archived