onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

Guest TommyMac

A vote against TM's deal tonight and it must surely be the end of her leadership.

The second thing that has to happen is we go cap in hand to the EU and ask for an extension to Article 50.

Thirdly, there should be a General Election whereby the public can have their say and influence the careers of those ****** who have created the uncertainty that is likely to drag the UK to its knees.

Ideally we would have the 2 main political parties with contrary manifestos to remain and leave. Obviously individual candidates would have to search their conscience as to whether they stand for election if their party's manifesto is alien to their own belief.

The party forming the government should then honour their manifesto and there should be no debate, no 'meaningful vote', no legal challenge. Whatever that government agreed with the EU should be binding on the whole nation.

Is the above a second referendum in all but name? I don't think so because the result of a 'People's Vote' (god I hate that title), will never be accepted so long as Parliament has a say and I have a hole in my backside. The next Government has to be allowed to do what they are elected to do without objection.

Cannot see what we would gain from another election, other than spending a load of money. I am convinced that if we had another election the result would be the same. What choice do we have surely not Jezzer.

A vote against TM's deal tonight and it must surely be the end of her leadership.

The second thing that has to happen is we go cap in hand to the EU and ask for an extension to Article 50.

Thirdly, there should be a General Election whereby the public can have their say and influence the careers of those ****** who have created the uncertainty that is likely to drag the UK to its knees.

Ideally we would have the 2 main political parties with contrary manifestos to remain and leave. Obviously individual candidates would have to search their conscience as to whether they stand for election if their party's manifesto is alien to their own belief.

The party forming the government should then honour their manifesto and there should be no debate, no 'meaningful vote', no legal challenge. Whatever that government agreed with the EU should be binding on the whole nation.

Is the above a second referendum in all but name? I don't think so because the result of a 'People's Vote' (god I hate that title), will never be accepted so long as Parliament has a say and I have a hole in my backside. The next Government has to be allowed to do what they are elected to do without objection.

I don't see a problem is having another vote.

It wouldn't entirely surprise me if the result was the same but at least it would have been aired in full knowledge of the facts now.

Clearly, Parliament is split 3-4 ways and it's not a party issue so an election wouldn't be as beneficial as putting it back to the people.

Manifestos are not written in stone. People tend to vote for a "best fit" while agreeing with other parties on lots of things.

The issue as I see it is that there are a large number of MPs who believe that leaving with a bad deal or no deal would be catastrophic for the economy and adversely affect living standards quite seriously, hard on the heels of the last ten years austerity. They don't want to risk making people poorer.

On the other extreme are the right wing of the Tory Party who would happily leave with No deal and to hell with the consequences. But a lot of them are multi-millionaires and it won't affect them one iota.

Had they come into line May's deal would have got through so the blame for this mess lies entirely with the ruling party.

We are non the wiser where it will all end after 2 1/2 years of negotiations. What a shambles all round.

Not sure who I dislike the most - Cameron or Smurfthwaite. :wink:

Guest TommyMac
Cannot see what we would gain from another election, other than spending a load of money. I am convinced that if we had another election the result would be the same. What choice do we have surely not Jezzer.

If Labour had the balls to proclaim they would reverse the leave vote if they were elected to Government and the Tories promised to honour the leave vote, another election would solve the impasse as long as one of them could form a Government majority or with like minded minority parties. No 'meaningful vote', no debate, no legal challenge, Parliament and the nation accept the manifesto of the elected Government.

I'm struggling to see any other solution, other than a ridiculously self-destructive no deal.

Please don't suggest a second referendum, the result of which will never be accepted by the losing side and will never gain acceptance from the self important loons in Westminster.

Another vote is the death of democracy unless remaining is not an option.

We are about to be robbed by our politicians. It's been coming, another crushing defeat tonight and then it'll be full steam ahead for Parliament to delay and derail brexit.

lets hope that either May comes to her senses and leaves with no deal or the EU reject an extension to article 50.

Troubling times for this country. Ironic thing being that a reversal of democracy is far more disastrous than leaving the EU ever could be.

If Labour had the balls to proclaim they would reverse the leave vote if they were elected to Government and the Tories promised to honour the leave vote, another election would solve the impasse as long as one of them could form a Government majority or with like minded minority parties. No 'meaningful vote', no debate, no legal challenge, Parliament and the nation accept the manifesto of the elected Government.

I'm struggling to see any other solution, other than a ridiculously self-destructive no deal.

Please don't suggest a second referendum, the result of which will never be accepted by the losing side and will never gain acceptance from the self important loons in Westminster.

We voted for brexit

Parliament voted to enact article 50

The tories just about managed to prop a Government up after a general election.

It's 3-0 brexit and you are asking for extra time and penalties?

There is no option but to leave this month. No one in this country wants Mays deal. That makes a decision for you.

Guest TommyMac
We voted for brexit

There is no option but to leave this month. No one in this country wants Mays deal. That makes a decision for you.

What you say maybe technically correct but tomorrow 'no deal' will be taken from the table. May ceded a 'meaningful vote' to Parliament, just one of many **** ups she has made.

I don't want a second vote on leave or remain, I will not participate in such a vote but the events today have made that outcome more likely.

I don't want a deal with a custom's union as that will bring with it freedom of movement and EU law. This outcome is now more likely than any other.

May's deal was the 'hardest' Brexit we were ever going to get.

“Your Prime Minister, your MP, Theresa May, called this election about Brexit. Have we heard from her what she plans to do about Brexit? No. This is mad. On Thursday, you are going to be faced with Prime Minister May, or Prime Minister Corbyn, against twenty-seven prime ministers from the European Union. It will be a shitshow.”

Lord Buckethead

Basically the people voted to leave, most of the MPs didn’t want to leave so they are using every stalling, delaying tactic know to man, to get their way.

As Mark Twain said, if voting made a difference they wouldn’t let us do it.

We voted for brexit

Rees Mogg and the ERG could have had Brexit tonight but voted against it. They're clearly mad.

Archived