onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

So you think it's funny, calling your bluff are they. Well get your head from under the sand sunshine, because this is where Brexit is leading us, and it is going to be a disaster. You say the Remainers are playing Project fear, sorry but you cannot see your nose in front of your face.

I find the constant lies from big businesses funny yes.

CEOs getting their excuses in nice and early, that's all that is.

We'll be better off after brexit, that's why so many sensible people voted for it.

Advert

I find the constant lies from big businesses funny yes.

CEOs getting their excuses in nice and early, that's all that is.

We'll be better off after brexit, that's why so many sensible people voted for it.

Yeah, we'll all be holding hands and singing kumbaya under Chairman Mogg and Vice Chairman Smurthwaite.

Vale will be in the Champions League, because, well, you know, sovereignty.

Yeah, we'll all be holding hands and singing kumbaya under Chairman Mogg and Vice Chairman Smurthwaite.

I think sovereignty is a great thing..... perhaps if all countries in the EU could retain their sovereignty there wouldn't be an issue.

I don't understand the animosity towards Mogg.... he only had one vote like everyone else.... is it because he believes what he is saying?... says it... fluently? Coherently? With passion and vigor? Or is it because he is "one of them".... a have, not a have not?

Perhaps if other politicians, whichever side of the great divide they sit, had the same conviction things may actually get done..

I don't agree with everything he says but I do admire his ability to say what he thinks while others wave about like elephant grass in a hurricane.... I would admire him more if I thought he was right.

And your proof is - what exactly? Because any number of businesses (Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Airbus to mention just a few) are saying just the opposite.

The uncertainty is the problem, not brexit itself. Everyone knows there's going to be an adjustment period. We were told it would be worse than this in 2016 and guess what, we still felt that it was worth doing.

Having more control over our economy can only be a good thing. Taking back control from the EU in terms of our economy can only be a good thing.

The incredible thing there is that Smurf is actually much more like the EU. No one knows who is making decisions, no one knows why decisions are made, no one is accountable, where is our money being spent?

Why do you laugh at the idea of sovereignty so much?

Or is it that you haven't got a clue what you are talking about and so just try to make a joke without actually adding any substance to the debate?

Sovereignty is pretty important you know?

I think sovereignty is a great thing..... perhaps if all countries in the EU could retain their sovereignty there wouldn't be an issue.

I don't understand the animosity towards Mogg.... he only had one vote like everyone else.... is it because he believes what he is saying?... says it... fluently? Coherently? With passion and vigor? Or is it because he is "one of them".... a have, not a have not?

Perhaps if other politicians, whichever side of the great divide they sit, had the same conviction things may actually get done..

I don't agree with everything he says but I do admire his ability to say what he thinks while others wave about like elephant grass in a hurricane.... I would admire him more if I thought he was right.

They can't answer any of that.

They throw insults and jokes around because they know that they think differently to him but can't actually articulate why or how he is wrong.

The incredible thing there is that Smurf is actually much more like the EU. No one knows who is making decisions, no one knows why decisions are made, no one is accountable, where is our money being spent?

Why do you laugh at the idea of sovereignty so much?

Or is it that you haven't got a clue what you are talking about and so just try to make a joke without actually adding any substance to the debate?

Sovereignty is pretty important you know?

What is sovereignty? The power to control in my mind. Who controls parliament, who makes the major decisions in the country? Or is it just a sham, and we are controlled by the US?

What is sovereignty? The power to control in my mind. Who controls parliament, who makes the major decisions in the country? Or is it just a sham, and we are controlled by the US?

Hell of a tangent mate.... the answer is simple.... MONEY.... it controls everything.

There is plenty to disagree with Rees-Mogg's politics, even taking aside his standpoint on the EU. That said, I suspect he genuinely believes what he says and can put across an articulate argument, a skill that is lost on both front benches in the main, including May and Corbyn.

Can't disagree with that mate.

I'm amazed that you find 12 billion's worth of business and 40,000 jobs a laughing matter.

No doubt you'll find it equally funny to read this today-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47457219

Nissan's former chairman will be freed today after a Tokyo court set his bail at £6.8million.

He has been in custody for 107 days after being charged with financial misconduct?

MP's control parliament but the people of the UK decide who those MP's are.

Who controls the EU?

MP's control parliament but the people of the UK decide who those MP's are.

Who controls the EU?

Mps are elected by the people on promises of utopia which never quite materialise... Mps may have a voice in parliament but money controls everything.

A small scale version of the EU I would imagine.

Archived