onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

I’ve never said I’m in the know I’ve said I have the ability to listen to Aspin on the radio and that was what he said a week or so before Gunnings contract negotiations went south. He said they were looking at extending until the summer and they would reassess the squad then

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

So you don’t know if the Gunning story is true? Do you think it might be? And have you seen that Aspin told Mike Baggaley that the wage bill is probably lower at the end of the window than it was at the start??

Advert

So you don’t know if the Gunning story is true? Do you think it might be? And have you seen that Aspin told Mike Baggaley that the wage bill is probably lower at the end of the window than it was at the start??

No idea if the Gunning story is true nor do you. Aspin has told MB that which if correct and context isn’t lost is indefensible.

What I suspect has happened is that the total season budget has been reduced to pay off Wilson, Middleton and a couple of other Brown balls ups. Is there a direct quote from Aspin or is this mike saying he mentioned it in a conversation.

Sorry but fans are not blameless in the fact that most have completely unrealistic expectations set intheir own head, read into things and then consoling that their own personal little pipe dream didn’t happen. On OVF the cup is always half empty and it would be even if we were in the premier league

Did the fans dismantle a perfectly good League 1 team in 2016? No

Did the fans appoint Bruno and pay someone for all these gems from across Europe? No

Did the fans appoint Brown and take us down to League 2? No

Have the fans taken us from a debt free club that owned its own ground to now owing its owner £3m +? No

Most of the fans I talk to only want a well run, sustainable club with he odd bit of success along the way. Oh yes and to be a League Football team. If those are unrealistic expectations then there is no hope for us.

Is offering a player Aspo wanted to keep a deal which leaves him unpaid for 2 months and unable to seek other employment backing a manager?

Is leaving Aspo with a weakened squad backing a manager?

Is Aspo bringing in 7 players with around 30-40 League appearances between them backing a manager?

The problem is that Aspin is working with one hand tied behind his back due to the squad he inherited from Baldrick Brown.

It was always going to be difficult to improve the squad in January because most players are under contract and aren't going to be attracted to a Port Vale side stuck at the bottom of Div 2.The reason we have so many centre backs now is because Aspin admitted he had approached 20 to 30 centre backs in January and most waited to see if they got a better offer from a club higher up the league.I still blame Garlick and not Smurf for offering Brown a contract at the beginning of the season. I am not a Smurf lover but at least he had the sense to get rid of the clueless Brown.The most amazing thing is after a terrific December how the team has descended into using Browns tactics of playing one lone striker up front and not supporting him from midfield.There does seem to be a problem motivating the players but until yesterday we were at least competing against other teams.Just hope we can survive until the end of the season by picking up enough points to stay up.The players proved in December that we do have sufficient resources to win games and compete with any teams in the division.Looking at the fixtures for December I never thought we would do as well as we did but January has been a big let down.Surprisingly we seem to play better against teams who play open football rather than time wasting and parking the bus.

Here,s hoping we will be up for the Exeter and Swindon games like we were for Luton.

I've festered last night, slept on it and now i'm upset but calm,and this is not a knee-jerk reaction, so i'm entering the bear pit. We all know smurfs the problem but that "team" that "played" yesterday were a disgrace except for 2 or 3, look at the rate the players a non league signing got 7.3, Pope 4.2 and Worrall 3.2 the rest all less.

Whats happened since the new year? Gunning's gone, is that all? i'm not having a go at Aspin but he picks his best 11 to play, he's said after a few of the recent games "its not good enough" why isn't he dropping players?

Sproey said it "the manager ought to say to the players DO YOU WANT TO PLAY FOR THE VALE" if yes perform if not f**k off...

Out of the 14 yesterday 11 did not deserve to wear my teams shirt, if they have no respect for the shirt and themselves drop them... Smith is a shadow from last season, Whitfield been hopeless since he got his loan extended, why's Boot been dropped, these are Aspins decisions he's with them all the time in training...

The style of play, hoofing it up to Pope these teams have sust us out they put 2 defenders on him and we are f**ked, have we not got the talent to play the ball forward?

Its a good job we got the points when Aspin first came or we would be rock bottom, but carry on like Sat. and we soon will be...

So to sum up my rant smurf out NOW, Aspin please sort the team out, and you players if you are choosen to wear my teams shirt honour it and do it with pride...and WIN.

Is offering a player Aspo wanted to keep a deal which leaves him unpaid for 2 months and unable to seek other employment backing a manager?

Is leaving Aspo with a weakened squad backing a manager?

Is Aspo bringing in 7 players with around 30-40 League appearances between them backing a manager?

You don't know if that's true.

I think we have a stronger squad than before the window. We're just weaker in the left back position.

His choice to bring them in. Remember it's January most clubs at this level and the one above generally sign loan players from championship and premiership sides, it isn't easy to sign players who are getting a game consistently at a league 1 side to leave in January. We paid for Hannant regardless if the fee is small we paid to get him early as other sides would be after him in the summer, same for Angus.

For me we probably had a typical league 2 budget. Nothing special but certainly not as bad as some mention.

I would have loved us to sign a few league 1 regulars, but it is tough in January especially when we're struggling in league 2.

It's been a good window for ridding the club of dead wood; the likes of pyke, Wilson, adf, stobbs all leaving. I honestly think we were 1/2 players off having an excellent window. He could've been backed he may not have been (probably the latter) but we don't know for sure.

Which ever way I look at it I'm very worried for next season if we manage to stay in this league, with backing or without.

Edit: just seen the other thread. If that's true then my argument is gone and he clearly ain't been backed. Embarrassing if true.

Well id walk in the club tomoz if i was the manager and say who actually wants to wear the shirt with pride .

Smurf has obviously being the mass destructor over the past few years but he doesnt kick the ball does he and the only people who can change the fortunes of the club are the players .

I see players hiding theres no hiding place .

U cannot have 4 out of 11 players doing there job well and the other 7 being in the main cowards .

Id name and shame them but they know who they are i suggest they give up the game and go work on Zero hrs contract somewhere.

Smurf sell up and go ,we need a leader who people look up to not a circus act who lowers players wages and demotivates his staff.

Not that is a excuse as even with wages lowered players get paid better than ordinary folk who go watch them .

The whole club is a shambles .

Aspo needs the players to be onside if they dont want play for him our fate will be sealed .

Didnt want play for Bruno embarassed us with page a 0-5 v Walsall and 0-4 v Burton stand out ashorrific application from players ,didnt want play for Brown .

Who the hell will they play for how about playing for the fans .

Good job i drink rarely or else with what ive witnessed under Smurfwaite and lousy players would turn a non drinker into a alcholic .

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

We can blame all sorts of things that happen off the pitch. All of the goals conceded yesterday were due to poor defending. Of course all players make mistakes but this is about basics for professionals. Our defence was flat and static which made it easy for Cheltenham to score. The first 4 goals all came after Vale players got to the ball, made contact but then gave it straight to a Cheltenham player, and Cheltenham went straight on to score. The last goal was down to poor defending, with no realistic defensive challenge. All of the defence were to blame, all were culpable.

That was not down to budgets, off the field isues, ownership, manager's tactics, it was down to the players not performing to a reasonable level to which we can expect them to. The players let down the fans, the manager, the off field team, and themselves. They must improve

Aspo has said the wage budget is smaller now than it was at the start of the window.

Is that backing a manager in your eyes?

How many players have left and how many have come in in January?One or two of those players may have been costing us loads but Neil didn’t fancy them.Nothing wrong with good housekeeping.I should imagine Neil knows exactly what he needs.

Liverpool’s wage bill is now lower but Klopp has been backed by the owners.

Please show me the quote or explain where Aspin said the budget is smaller

Once again taken from Mike's Column in The Sentinel

To put Aspin’s efforts into a bit more context. I asked him whether the wage bill was much higher coming out of the January transfer window. He estimated that it was actually lower than at the start of the transfer window.

Once again taken from Mike's Column in The Sentinel

To put Aspin’s efforts into a bit more context. I asked him whether the wage bill was much higher coming out of the January transfer window. He estimated that it was actually lower than at the start of the transfer window.

Post a link I’d be interested in reading that

Most irrelevant comment I’ve ever seen.

Apart from the one you’ve just posted.Read,in the never 5hit stirring Sentinel,what Neil said regarding the January window.You may learn something,maybe not being as you know everything about everything.Black and Gold,coffin march on Tuesday or SEO 11 on Tuesday.Do me a favour,don’t come back.

Archived