onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Moaners

WalterJ

I understand what you mean but in the January window all you get is monkeys players who are coming back from injuries,or dross that their clubs dont want and are desperate to get rid of.

I hoped that Rudgie would have had some good contacts but judging whats come in it seems not.

Imo thats a bit of a silly comment on Rudge,he has more contacts in the game than i have had hot dinners(the size of me i have had plenty of those) and i can assure you of that.

I have no doubt that Aspin will get us out of this league and into league one BUT as we all know,he has to be backed to do it so maybe the quality of signings are nowt do with Rudge/Aspin or their contacts but more to do with the backing.The media always say when a player goes that we have freed up money off the wage bill etc BUT how much is it costing us to pay up all these players over the last season and a half??

Advert

I have a question:

How come, the club (and almost every other club in L1 & 2), seem to give the players 12 month contracts? On here, it is almost deemed a sensation, if we give a player a 2 year contract.

Therefor, the turnover of players (I know ours is abnormal), in the entire League, is gigantic!

Every time I turned on a game today, there were ex Vale players in the lower League team. Peterborough: Grant, Wigan: Morsy, Notts County, well you get my drift...

The Yeovil game was on tv here in Denmark last night, and as the punters said: last time Yeovil were on tv here, was 3 years ago in another Cup game. From that squad, there is only 1 (as in one), player left in their entire squad!

So is it the players that are journeymen (as often stated), or is it the clubs that don't want (or dare) to plan long term?

The higher up in the system you come, they tend to sign the players for longer, 3-4-5 years even.

Even Hannant only signed an 18 month contract. Which, to be fair, is only little over a full season. If Aspin believes in him so much, why not sign him up on say a 3 year deal?

Just trying to figure out how this works, as I'm really trying to understand it! :smile:

Looking at the pressures. Port Vale got relegated. So fewer fans and TV money, cut budget. Port Vale get promoted (eventually) and team rebuilding is needed at the higher level on an increased budget with more fans and TV money. Players age. Players improve and deteriorate. So maybe in a short career the employees are less stable than employees in a longer career span. Football is sport and its very competitive, so players can't be allowed to feel completely comfortab, they must compete for a place in the team on merit. They must compete for a new contract. There is no time for a three year development plan in most cases aside from young players. And the club ownership is inherently unstable. Port Vale and most other clubs at our level are not viable businesses and therefore ownership is volatile.

Football fans everywhere will moan when things don't go their way.

Valiants are entitled to moan with all the crap that has hit us in past years but we still support our club.

It's not rocket science in following your favourites. We need to get matters into perspective.

Has anyone on here got the finances to actually attempt to do what some think we need to do? answer....no. So we do what we can as fans...support the Team.

Personally I still believe we have a base for a reasonably successful future as we have proved we can match and better quite a few others in our Division on our day. Blend and perseverance are required to gel it all together and Aspin will get there.

Call me anything you like but I still dream about Vale getting into the higher Divisions and yes I will moan when it's warranted but my life is still Port Vale and will continue to be so until they carry me out in a box.

There are one or two regular callers in there 80's maybe who offer opinions. Fair enough. And I realise some people work on match days or are unable to afford to go .

However as others above have said how you can comment properly or criticise effort of the players when you haven't even been is annoying.

Radio 5 Robbie Savage show is full of it too....and we have John in Cornwall who wants to talk about the Newcastle v Liverpool game which has just finished !!

Those Vale callers last night did my head in .

We are a very poor outfit in a very poor league. Will we go down ? No.

Where do we go from here ? Aspos initial improvement has now platuaed and we are seeing what these players all are about, poor footballers.

And still the goal keeping situation is a joke.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

People dont moan for nothing they moan because they care .

The OP is right in what he is saying .

The last two home performances have put unnecessary pressure on the remaining games as surely collectively all should have being more up for it than what has being served up .

The atmosphere is not there anymore at football .

At Accrington last week i was getting comments like u should go on praise and grumble why because i was loudly encouraging every player throughout the game and i aint prepared sit there and be quiet its not a library its football its about emotion .

I cringe when i watch the big clubs as the only atmosphere generated is through a goal .

Vale is getting like that .

How about 4000 people singing non stop Neil Aspins Black and White Army all game .

The atmospheres v Yeovil and yesterday r not helpful to the cause we need a cheap end where folk can come for a pittance and hopefully generate a good atmosphere per game .

Folk only moan if you give them a reason to moan so do not give them a reason to moan .

If you dont attend you have no right to comment .

When i am at the game i encourage all the players and then i might come on here and give them the low down on there performance in the hope they read it and amend it in the coming games .

We have to many followers who dont even attend anymore i know 5 who work at my place one hasnt being for 2 years and another because he works nights no longer goes .

I work nights i have three hrs sleep most saturdays and still go because i love the Vale.

So if i moan i apologise .

UTV

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

There are one or two regular callers in there 80's maybe who offer opinions. Fair enough. And I realise some people work on match days or are unable to afford to go .

However as others above have said how you can comment properly or criticise effort of the players when you haven't even been is annoying.

Radio 5 Robbie Savage show is full of it too....and we have John in Cornwall who wants to talk about the Newcastle v Liverpool game which has just finished !!

Those Vale callers last night did my head in .

John in Cornwall can watch the Newcastle game and see all the camera angles. Saying that, RS should filter the people who ring in about the Vale. But more people who go to the game should call.

Funny thing is, people tell me I don’t know how bad it is, when I’m able to watch every minute of every game on iFollow.

It’s never as bad as some moaners make out.

It's been very hard going for supporters in the last 2 seasons. Our home record has been very poor and we've witnessed a large number of abject displays and very few fully committed stirring victories.

Relegation last year and struggling again this season saps the enthusiasm of fans and it's understandable why frustration sets in and gates dip.

At, what, £23 quid a time, and another miserable day weather-wise yesterday I can full appreciate why fans have a moan.

We are bumping along the basement of the football league so I can't see any reason to perform cart wheels and say we've played well when we haven't.

It's been very hard going for supporters in the last 2 seasons. Our home record has been very poor and we've witnessed a large number of abject displays and very few fully committed stirring victories.

Relegation last year and struggling again this season saps the enthusiasm of fans and it's understandable why frustration sets in and gates dip.

At, what, £23 quid a time, and another miserable day weather-wise yesterday I can full appreciate why fans have a moan.

We are bumping along the basement of the football league so I can't see any reason to perform cart wheels and say we've played well when we haven't.

Our recent home record is a real concern with us having the third joint worst with Chesterfield and Morecambe on 18 points from 15 games.

John in Cornwall can watch the Newcastle game and see all the camera angles. Saying that, RS should filter the people who ring in about the Vale. But more people who go to the game should call.

Funny thing is, people tell me I don’t know how bad it is, when I’m able to watch every minute of every game on iFollow.

It’s never as bad as some moaners make out.

I thought rs did filter VALE callers, if there were some on last night it was cause sjoke were resting...

Crewe fans were giving it both barrels last night. It cheered me up listening to their moaning but it didn't mask another poor performance. Glad that Worrall scored a brace as even when he has a poor game feels he puts a shift in. Even more pleasing as last week Radio Sjoke read my text out stating he should start, and yes I do attend(Lorne St season ticket holder).

Actually would have voted for Hannent as man of the match as I thought his home debut was a lesson to most of the Vale players in how to play with passion and desire. If that's what the best of non league has to offer than more like that please Mr Aspin. Rather that than signing failures from clubs around us, yes that's you Montano. However, if I was a Vale player then hopefully the penny is starting to drop that the majority of you aren't good enough to make the Gateshead team.

Crewe fans were giving it both barrels last night. It cheered me up listening to their moaning but it didn't mask another poor performance. Glad that Worrall scored a brace as even when he has a poor game feels he puts a shift in. Even more pleasing as last week Radio Sjoke read my text out stating he should start, and yes I do attend(Lorne St season ticket holder).

Actually would have voted for Hannent as man of the match as I thought his home debut was a lesson to most of the Vale players in how to play with passion and desire. If that's what the best of non league has to offer than more like that please Mr Aspin. Rather that than signing failures from clubs around us, yes that's you Montano. However, if I was a Vale player then hopefully the penny is starting to drop that the majority of you aren't good enough to make the Gateshead team.

So why does Aspin pick montano every single week either starting or on the bench it’s a joke?

Archived