onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Moaners

WalterJ

I understand what you mean but in the January window all you get is monkeys players who are coming back from injuries,or dross that their clubs dont want and are desperate to get rid of.

I hoped that Rudgie would have had some good contacts but judging whats come in it seems not.

Until the summer we won't be able to judge in my opinion.

Advert

I understand what you mean but in the January window all you get is monkeys players who are coming back from injuries,or dross that their clubs dont want and are desperate to get rid of.

I hoped that Rudgie would have had some good contacts but judging whats come in it seems not.

Is Rudge still at the club ?

Surely some premier teams must want to loan him their 3rd choice keeper at least.

Until the summer we won't be able to judge in my opinion.

Thats my hope,hang on this season and then see what we can do next season, my only worry about that is if the player budget is so low and we can only sign non league then non league is where we will be.

I posted today at half time because I was angry, ****** off at the complete lack of concentration and ability from the likes of Lainton, Kay (when at cb), Tongue, Montano who are supposedly the senior players and who were garbage.

I'm completely behind Aspo and Rudge and know that these great legends will turn our club around but it will take time.

I'm also completely fed up of watching Tongue, Montano and (rarely) Lainton underperform and the sooner they're gone, the better.

I have rarely missed a home game for 37 years now. I'm a loyal supporter through thick, thin and thinner. If I want to vent my anger and frustration on here after a game, I will.

I am not a "moaner". Check my posts. I praise more than I grumble. I'm also not a happy clapper and will slate players if they deserve it. Montano has let Aspin down time and time again. He's not worthy of the shirt and I would happily give him a lift down to Kidsgrove where he might actually be good enough to hold down a place in the first team.

I have a question:

How come, the club (and almost every other club in L1 & 2), seem to give the players 12 month contracts? On here, it is almost deemed a sensation, if we give a player a 2 year contract.

Therefor, the turnover of players (I know ours is abnormal), in the entire League, is gigantic!

Every time I turned on a game today, there were ex Vale players in the lower League team. Peterborough: Grant, Wigan: Morsy, Notts County, well you get my drift...

The Yeovil game was on tv here in Denmark last night, and as the punters said: last time Yeovil were on tv here, was 3 years ago in another Cup game. From that squad, there is only 1 (as in one), player left in their entire squad!

So is it the players that are journeymen (as often stated), or is it the clubs that don't want (or dare) to plan long term?

The higher up in the system you come, they tend to sign the players for longer, 3-4-5 years even.

Even Hannant only signed an 18 month contract. Which, to be fair, is only little over a full season. If Aspin believes in him so much, why not sign him up on say a 3 year deal?

Just trying to figure out how this works, as I'm really trying to understand it! :smile:

I have a question:

How come, the club (and almost every other club in L1 & 2), seem to give the players 12 month contracts? On here, it is almost deemed a sensation, if we give a player a 2 year contract.

Therefor, the turnover of players (I know ours is abnormal), in the entire League, is gigantic!

Every time I turned on a game today, there were ex Vale players in the lower League team. Peterborough: Grant, Wigan: Morsy, Notts County, well you get my drift...

The Yeovil game was on tv here in Denmark last night, and as the punters said: last time Yeovil were on tv here, was 3 years ago in another Cup game. From that squad, there is only 1 (as in one), player left in their entire squad!

So is it the players that are journeymen (as often stated), or is it the clubs that don't want (or dare) to plan long term?

The higher up in the system you come, they tend to sign the players for longer, 3-4-5 years even.

Even Hannant only signed an 18 month contract. Which, to be fair, is only little over a full season. If Aspin believes in him so much, why not sign him up on say a 3 year deal?

Just trying to figure out how this works, as I'm really trying to understand it! :smile:

At the level of leagues one and two you either get young untried players, ones from non league or players with experience that have become unattached for various reasons. Non of which you would or have the means to commit to.

The other side of the coin is a young player may not want to commit to a long contact.

I have a question:

Put simply, there are lower wages the further you go down the footballing pyramid. So players at that level boost their earnings by moving around a lot to receive multiple signing on fees. I remember The Secret Footballer book mentioning it a lot. You might be able to get younger players and non-league players on longer contracts but once you're established then you can command these moves.

I have a question:

Probably Bosman

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosman_ruling

Until then we could hold on to player and sell them of for a decent fee, now to do so they need to be younger players that we take a gamble on. Most of the time we lose our stake.

I don’t really think you can complain that people moan after sitting through today’s game.

I thought the level of effort and quality, a couple of players aside, fell well below what I’d expect to see from so called ‘professional’ footballers.

Thought the effort was there especially in the second half they did keep going, the Colchester manager said we huffed and puffed how many times have heard that? its the lack of quality and ability that worries me, Jules looked hopelessly out of his depth,and what is it with our keepers every shot seems to go in.

Archived