onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Embarrassing

butt lane vale fan

Advert

What do you base that on Walter ?

Worked hard to get to a good level after leaving Vale under Adams and taking a long route back. Oxford didn’t give him a two year contract for nothing, once fit their French manager didn’t fancy him and they have 5 centre backs. I always thought he had potential. Didn’t really rate Anderson although he did usually clear his lines into touch but that was all, no footballer. Gunning was steady but was probably a better centre half than a full back. He won’t settle anywhere he is a nomad already. Can see Raglan fitting in well with Smith too.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I cooled on Synectics when I saw just how small their turnover was. Not the answer.

Bit short sighted there Heatwave. Some people can make a pound go further than others. What if a/the company were to be sold, that would change the financial picture. As we've seen with the last 3 owners there's not a queue of Arab billionaires waiting to buy PVFC.

Worked hard to get to a good level after leaving Vale under Adams and taking a long route back. Oxford didn’t give him a two year contract for nothing, once fit their French manager didn’t fancy him and they have 5 centre backs. I always thought he had potential. Didn’t really rate Anderson although he did usually clear his lines into touch but that was all, no footballer. Gunning was steady but was probably a better centre half than a full back. He won’t settle anywhere he is a nomad already. Can see Raglan fitting in well with Smith too.

Sensible reply Walter. Hope you're right with the partnership with Smith. To be honest John McCombe(if rumours are true) is as good as Anderson if not better. My biggest issue is with the Keepers tbh, I feel a lot of uncertainty starts there. perhaps this is where Gunning came to the fore organising the lot at the back?

I get what you mean so not disagreeing. Just think at our level Anderson and Gunning did what it said on the tin.

Boot it, kick it, head it. No frills , no skills.

And i aren't the only one who has said this ( i 'll get my tin hat ) but Smith has definitely regressed, we wouldn't get 100 grand for him now. Just my opinion .

Individually no problem with either going, but collectively along with Denton this is becoming a mare.

I get what you mean so not disagreeing. Just think at our level Anderson and Gunning did what it said on the tin.

And i aren't the only one who has said this ( i 'll get my tin hat ) but Smith has definitely regressed, we wouldn't get 100 grand for him now. Just my opinion .

Individually no problem with either going, but collectively along with Denton this is becoming a mare.

Again Darren as with Walter you make a lot of sense, there have also been too many changes which don't help. I'm sure Aspo will sort it with Rudgie's help if required scouting.

As I saw Anderson and posted after the Accrington game, he was slow as a snail and turned like a steam ferry. So never understood why he was so rated, compared to Smith.

That being said, I still like defenders who can do just that: defend! As the game is progressing, there has become way to much emphasis on defenders being able to build play up from the back, doing Messi like passes through the lines. I am not saying CB shouldn't be able to pass a ball at all, but as long as they prevent the opposition frem scoring and help their keeper as good as they can, that is all I personally ask from them!

I cooled on Synectics when I saw just how small their turnover was. Not the answer.

A company that increases its value year on year and had sales in excess of £16 million in their last accounts. Could it be because they are well run and know what they're doing?

I hope that he is as good as you think that he is. If so, we could do with him signing a permanent contract and not just on loan until the end of the season. If he turns out to be a good inclusion to the squad what chance is there of Smurf paying a fee to Oxford who would most likely want one?

A company that increases its value year on year and had sales in excess of £16 million in their last accounts. Could it be because they are well run and know what they're doing?

I'm sure Norman knows what he's doing with his hotels etc. as well. It doesn't necessarily follow.

I fail to see why this endless adulation of Carol Shanahan and Synectics is happening. Yes, she's a Vale fan, but so was Bill Bratt - and look where that got us.

I stand to be corrected; after all, I've never even met Carol and I'm sure she's a very nice person, I'm yet to be convinced though, and given the way V2001 were touted on here as the club's saviours at about the time I joined this board it's once bitten, twice shy.

I'm sure Norman knows what he's doing with his hotels etc. as well. It doesn't necessarily follow.

I fail to see why this endless adulation of Carol Shanahan and Synectics is happening. Yes, she's a Vale fan, but so was Bill Bratt - and look where that got us.

I stand to be corrected; after all, I've never even met Carol and I'm sure she's a very nice person, I'm yet to be convinced though, and given the way V2001 were touted on here as the club's saviours at about the time I joined this board it's once bitten, twice shy.

There is a big difference between a company with sales of £16 M and V2001. I’d love for Synectics to buy the club , because they know what they are doing , and not just making it up as they go along , like our fearless leader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many Clubs have actually got an owner that realistically can finance them continually?

We all know, that (outside of the Premiership and even they have problems)there are not many clubs that can make a profit year after year. When it comes to Division 2 then again we all know that many Clubs are indeed in financial trouble and cannot honestly make themselves pay. It really is a love of football or the local Team that keep many clubs going.

Smurf "may" have money(who knows how much?) but even he cannot now comprehend what it takes to run a Football Club.

We have been through administration and being lucky to survive. In all honesty where is a new owner, with money,going to be found for Port Vale that will satisfy all criteria to please us all? Doesn't exist!

Much as I admit that in the long term we need Smurf out of our Club we have to accept, begrudgingly until the mystery man/woman/consortium show themselves, that we are totally lumbered with Smurf.

Some may say we are an embarrassment, some may argue that we are sliding perilously near to oblivion and some may believe that Smurf will come good. In this moment in time we as fans have to put up with our lot and simply back the Club in the fervent hope that we may one day have that elusive owner that not only loves Port Vale but is able to waste his/her/their money in placating us fans.

I am happy to have survived the past few years and slowly come back from the brink. I don't ask for overnight miracles, I accept reality. I accept ,albeit not willingly, that we are another club unable to pay it's way financially on gate money or revenue generated in club sales. BUT I do hope for more and better things for our great Club.

We seem to waste too much time in bickering and moaning amongst ourselves and trying to find problems anywhere. We don't need to do that as currently our position in the League dictates that we have more urgent things to concentrate on. Let's get through this rocky patch and frankly I am one of those that deeply believes we will NOT go out of the League and we can re-gather for next season under a terrific manager in Aspin and get the good times rolling again. Now is a time to stand together and give our all to the Club.

This is not adulation, it’s simply stating the facts. I very much doubt that Carol Shanahan has any intention of bidding for the club again. She is the Chair of the PV Foundation though so is doing something positive for the club.

I have no idea how Norman is doing with his hotels, etc. His business activities are a mystery.

Archived