onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Embarrassing

butt lane vale fan

And you know he hasn’t made funds available?And others know exactly what salaries the players are on.Please show evidence and figures please.Cheers.

How about you telling us what salaries they are on and what funds have been made available, seeing as you surely know?

Advert

My gut feeling only, which may be entirely off piste is the hierarchy of PVFC don't seem or want to pay higher than average wages to any player individually even if in budget as they see that as a too bigger commitment and risk for one individual which is why we end up collecting players rather than targeting proven players.

Think the model is set with aspin saying any u23 non league only will be the next signings there will be a good chance they will have little or no contract and the risk v reward gives the hierarchy a much better chance of return financially-- the football and matchday experience looks well down the list to this...just my opinion of course but the next 6 months will define and shape our club for a good number of years -lets hope the decision makers get it right

So you are seriously saying that Accrington, Stevenage, Crawley, Cheltenham, Newport, Exeter, Wycombe all have a higher turnover than us? On their gates?

You are correct with regards to the bloated squad, but is this the 3rd season now that Norman has stressed "quality over quantity" then signed off the complete opposite? Whatever league we are in, this summer will be the 4th rebuild of a squad in the last few years. The running of the club is a shambles.

This could easily be rectified with 4-5 good signings before February but I've been a Vale fan long enough to know that isn't going to happen.

When have I said they have a higher turnover?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

When have I said they have a higher turnover?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Simply put its very likely we already have been far more competitive than teams on a lower income than us

As those teams I mentioned are higher than us in the league, and therefore more competitive, you must be suggesting they have a higher turnover?

With regard to sustainability, there has to be a point where throwing money at a relegation battle costs less in the long run.

Does he fancy funding a promotion push from the Conference instead?

Correct - it's no good worrying about sustainability when you're at risk of going out of the football league. When you're in trouble like this, you need to spend to attract the players who will keep you up. Otherwise, it will cost far more to get back into L2 from the National, just by virtue of the length of time it takes. Ask Wrexham or Tranmere (still there) or Cambridge (10 years to get back) or Lincoln (8 years). We are dicing with our future.

I always thought the tables were ordered in points gained not turnover. Every day is a school day!

What on Earth are you talking about?!

I suppose you're one of those fans that is happy to see us 7th bottom of the 4th division and having teams like Accrington and Forest Green beat us?

Im no fan of Norman but peoples moans and groans (not picking on you Hagrid always seems to be a reply to you but im talking generally here) against their expectations just don't marry up at all. On one hand fans are asking the owner to throw money at the club and dig deep and in the same conversation talking about sustainability. Unfortunately due to his own mistakes with Bruno and Brown its not currently possible to be setup sustainably until we really trim the squad. I genuinely think under Aspin and Rudge serious long term sustainability is possible but that cant be done by throwing 3 high earners into the squad for a few months and hope we stay up.

We need to get this season over, stay up and plan for next year. A clear out of the squad is needed to make the club sustainable and give Aspin the ability to genuinely invest money wisely having spent 6 months watching players not panic and sign 15 players in two weeks during the friendlies.

Love him or hate him Norman doesnt have millions to pump into the club so we shouldnt expect that, bring in another owner who may well be more likeable but its very possible the wont have anymore money to spend than he does. The only way to make the Vale sustainable is to spend money wisely and to cut cloth accordingly

Correct me if I'm wrong Mattholl, but didn't Norman say he would do anything it takes to keep us up?

Not a dig at you mate but I'm getting a bit fed up of waiting to see the promised support for Aspo when we are still struggling to keep out of the drop zone.

If we don't get some proper reinforcements in within the next few days, it is going to be touch and go until the end of the season.

Correct me if I'm wrong Mattholl, but didn't Norman say he would do anything it takes to keep us up?

I keep reading this and if I hadn't looked at the table I would assume we were 12 points adrift at the bottom. This season ws never going to be pretty with the idiot Brown in charge at the start. Consolidate and build for next season. We are not going down!

I keep reading this and if I hadn't looked at the table I would assume we were 12 points adrift at the bottom. This season ws never going to be pretty with the idiot Brown in charge at the start. Consolidate and build for next season. We are not going down!

I remember someone saying this on here in January last season after we'd lost key players and not replaced them while being about 9 points off relegation.

I am very, very worried right now.

We haven't won in 5 and keep having to rely on teams below us being worse than us to stop us slipping further down. All it take is a few of the teams below to get a couple of wins and we'd be further in the mire.

Archived