onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Colchester Utd

Fosse69

If Boot is dropped, it will be interesting to see who the 'experienced players' seek to blame in the alternative should the goals continue to go in against us. Themselves? God forbid...

On saturday it wasn't when the goals were going in, it was when he was coming for crosses and punching or not coming as the case may be, but you could hear them going mad telling him to talk to them. Same when Gibbons cleared one at the back post you could see him look at Boot and say wheres my shout. I could be wrong but I'm sure in the second half it looked like Pope went to him and said something when another one of his kicks went wrong. They all looked visibly frustrated by him.

Advert

On saturday it wasn't when the goals were going in, it was when he was coming for crosses and punching or not coming as the case may be, but you could hear them going mad telling him to talk to them. Same when Gibbons cleared one at the back post you could see him look at Boot and say wheres my shout. I could be wrong but I'm sure in the second half it looked like Pope went to him and said something when another one of his kicks went wrong. They all looked visibly frustrated by him.

I'm not saying Boot is faultless by any means, just making the point that there's 10 other players between Boot and the ball most of the time, and if everyone was doing their jobs to the best of their abilities, Boot would have very little to do.

I'm not saying Boot is faultless by any means, just making the point that there's 10 other players between Boot and the ball most of the time, and if everyone was doing their jobs to the best of their abilities, Boot would have very little to do.

Thats just wishful thinking, there will always be crosses, corners and situations to deal with. The point is that with being so close to the action last weekend it was very apparent that the lack of communication was causing a lot of frustration and problems that you could see and hear in some of the other players reactions. Talking is a goalkeeping basic no matter whats happening on the pitch.

I cannot understand the proposed teams that leave Tonge out. Saturday, he carried the ball out of defense and played it to Worral who crossed for Popey to score, he scored one himself, he crossed the ball for Kay's missed header. Generally he is the oil of the team, always available, the best dead ball kicker in the club.

He is the most under rated player at the club, he and Kay are a solid two in this current team and have to start. He lacks a little pace these days but makes up for it with his position play and nouse. The energy should come from the 3 players in front of him.

I wouldn't change anything from last week, the team played well apart from 10 mins of nightmare defending and hopefully that's been worked on in training.

Boot

Gibbons -- Anderson -- Smith -- Pugh

Kay -- Tonge

Worrall -- Hannant -- Whitfield

Pope

Spot on .

Against Accrington the defence cost us not boot the lad Mcconville scored from the six yard box twice and the dodgy goal was two yards out after abysmal play from the defence who decided throw the game away .

Not Hannant Worrall Boot Pope Kay Tonge Whitfield or Boot the four at the back who didnt lay there bodies on the line for Vale.

Gutless yet most folk r still picking 3 of them the only guaranteed one out of the four who should be given a shirt v Colchester is Gibbons in my opinion.

Blaming Boot for the defeat well it wasnt his fault ,but i have put Lainton in to give the lad a break he is local and there is more pressure to deliver if thats the case .

UTV

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

I cannot understand the proposed teams that leave Tonge out. Saturday, he carried the ball out of defense and played it to Worral who crossed for Popey to score, he scored one himself, he crossed the ball for Kay's missed header. Generally he is the oil of the team, always available, the best dead ball kicker in the club.

He is the most under rated player at the club, he and Kay are a solid two in this current team and have to start. He lacks a little pace these days but makes up for it with his position play and nouse. The energy should come from the 3 players in front of him.

I wouldn't change anything from last week, the team played well apart from 10 mins of nightmare defending and hopefully that's been worked on in training.

Boot

Gibbons -- Anderson -- Smith -- Pugh

Kay -- Tonge

Worrall -- Hannant -- Whitfield

Pope

Wow you’d actually leave Pugh in the team?!? I’m grateful you aren’t the manager!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Wow you’d actually leave Pugh in the team?!? I’m grateful you aren’t the manager!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

All the back four were guilty for Accy's 3 goals and hopefully they've worked it out in training, hopefully Pugh will get some help if he's up against a winger of Jordan Clarke's ability. Against Yeovil Pugh played well although he did lose the ball which eventually led up to their goal. Against Notts and FGR the back 4 including Pugh did well. Just my opinion.

Spot on .

Against Accrington the defence cost us not boot the lad Mcconville scored from the six yard box twice and the dodgy goal was two yards out after abysmal play from the defence who decided throw the game away .

Not Hannant Worrall Boot Pope Kay Tonge Whitfield or Boot the four at the back who didnt lay there bodies on the line for Vale.

Gutless yet most folk r still picking 3 of them the only guaranteed one out of the four who should be given a shirt v Colchester is Gibbons in my opinion.

Blaming Boot for the defeat well it wasnt his fault ,but i have put Lainton in to give the lad a break he is local and there is more pressure to deliver if thats the case .

UTV

Have you even read the posts? No one is blaming Boot for the defeat, but there’s clearly an issue there that was evident on Saturday between him and the team and although I’m not a betting man i think he’ll be replaced at the weekend by Lainton.

Blaming just the back 4 I don’t entirely agree with, sure you can point to individual errors (we’re a league 2 side and players will make mistakes or be inconsistent) and I wouldn’t question their commitment to the shirt either. But equally if the whole team defended from the front by stopping them playing out or putting in more work to stop them being able to run off our midfielders, then that also would have helped us as a defensive unit, because as a team they outran us in that second half 20min period when they scored their goals and I feel we didn’t do enough in front of the back 4 to help them. As a result they ended up dropping deeper and it gave them even more room to play in.

I think a big factor in the dip in form has been the loss of Gunning and Denton.

A very small squad of players couldn't cope with that level of disruption and there has been a knock on effect.

The need now is to reestablish a settled team as quickly as possible.

Ryan Innes also plays for them doesn't He? Cast iron certainty to be booked if he plays as he was booked in every game for us wasn't He?

Cast iron certainly he will do his shouder in ,if he mixes it with the Pontiff

I think a big factor in the dip in form has been the loss of Gunning and Denton.

A very small squad of players couldn't cope with that level of disruption and there has been a knock on effect.

The need now is to reestablish a settled team as quickly as possible.

Small squad? We had about 35 players. THere hasn't been a knock on effect of loosing an average league 2 player.

Have you even read the posts? No one is blaming Boot for the defeat, but there’s clearly an issue there that was evident on Saturday between him and the team and although I’m not a betting man i think he’ll be replaced at the weekend by Lainton.

Blaming just the back 4 I don’t entirely agree with, sure you can point to individual errors (we’re a league 2 side and players will make mistakes or be inconsistent) and I wouldn’t question their commitment to the shirt either. But equally if the whole team defended from the front by stopping them playing out or putting in more work to stop them being able to run off our midfielders, then that also would have helped us as a defensive unit, because as a team they outran us in that second half 20min period when they scored their goals and I feel we didn’t do enough in front of the back 4 to help them. As a result they ended up dropping deeper and it gave them even more room to play in.

I was there and Danny Pugh was giving there winger to much room and Smiths man was freer than Nelson Mandela and Anderson was all over the shop .

It really was a major low in a season full of mainly lows .

I apologise for my views but i felt they let Aspo down not so much me as i only go 1 away game a season through choice .

I agree about Boot look at my team .

Aspo wont pick my team anyway he will pick his team .

Hopefully he will make a statement that we cannot accept defeat against anyone .

Has Angus Dior played himself in and the young left back Steele has he ,well id rather have players who want it than same auld .

UTV

Archived