onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Port Vale

Fosse69

What did you reckon to that tackle from behind on Pope in the box which was apparently a goal kick? Would you have wanted a pen for that?

I am surprised there hasn't been more said about that incident. You could see what was going to happen and the defender obliged, he took Pope and the ball in the box, clear foul and pen for me, pity it's not on the highlights.

Advert

Would like to say mabasfc Doha's diatribe at your club doesn't reflect how most Vale fans view Stanley.

If you were at the game you would’ve seen the behaviour of their manager at ht and the constant diving and general cheating from them. Glad we didn’t get Coleman as our manager as it’d be grim watching that nonsense week in week out.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I'm still convinced the penalty v Yeovil last week wasn't a penalty. We got lucky. We were unlucky with the Kee handball yesterday.

FIFA Laws of the game as respect to awarding penalties.

Direct free kick

A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any

of the following seven offences in a manner considered by the referee to be

careless, reckless or using excessive force:

• kicks or attempts to kick an opponent

• trips or attempts to trip an opponent

• jumps at an opponent

• charges an opponent

• strikes or attempts to strike an opponent

• pushes an opponent

• tackles an opponent

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any

of the following three offences:

• holds an opponent

• spits at an opponent

• handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own

penalty area)

A direct free kick is taken from the place where the offence occurred

(see Law 13 – Position of free kick).

Penalty kick

A penalty kick is awarded if any of the above ten offences is committed by

a player inside his own penalty area, irrespective of the position of the ball, provided it is in play.

Against Yoevil, their defender tackled Worrall in the pen box from behind, he touched the ball first and then took down Worrall, I presume a penalty was given 'cause the tackle was "In a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force" as stated inn the Laws quoted above.

The same happened to Pope yesterday in the 1st half, the tackle was even more forceful, pity it's not on the highlights.

Both were def pens IMHO, what frustrates is the inconsistency but that's what happens when subjectivity enters the equatioon.

Nobody “warrants” a guaranteed first team place at the moment. There is a lethargy about the players and the sooner they up the tempo the better. We do have weaknesses that need to be resolved, but what disappoints me most is their lack of desire. Big surprise given Aspo’s approach to the game.

I wouldn’t say the whole team lack desire, some players have it, but for me there are some key players not doing it at the minute.

OK there's a lot of did he or didn't he and most on here say yes he did an we're a bunch of cheats. For those who went yesterday who could tell if it was or wasn't apart from players putting there hands up. Now if this link works the truth is here. @billykee29 brings it back to 2-2 what a #%#%ing second half https://t.co/qzLIpVxvbG taken from behind the goal hands and arms know where near the ball.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Garbage! You can’t tell from that at all and having looked at Doha’s slowed down version it’s obvious he’s used his hand.

The way ALL of the Vale players around reacted and Kee’s reaction as he celebrated is further proof that he handled the ball into the net.

I can’t say I’m surprised as Coleman’s teams are always unsporting. I imagine he encourages this sort of behaviour amongst his teams

Personally, I’m sick to death of teams in this division that have a complete lack of sportmanship.

That video shows the defender going for the ball..Pope's momentum collides with the defender

What the short video doesn't show is that Pope was much closer to the ball and the defender had to make up ground, came tearing across and thundered into Pope to make the "tackle". The defender got the ball but he takes Pope as well using IMHO careless, reckless, excessive force...hence foul, in the box, penalty.

As I understand the Laws if a player takes the ball first and then the player it's a foul anywhere on the pitch if in the ref's opinion the player used careless, reckless or excessive force. This is how the ref's judgement comes into play and inconsistency happens.

Hence why many people say "The art of tackling has disappeared from the modern game" etc and hence why the phrase "Be careful when making a tackle in the box". Long gone are the days when "Chopper" Harris could try and remove George Best's legs on a football field.

Being at the other end of the pitch I couldn't tell much about the tackle on Pope inside the area other than it was obvious for a while before it happened the defender was going to launch himself into it and if Pope had been a bit cuter he could have made sure he got fouled.

I was hoping some years ago that the introduction of the fourth official would help to improve the accuracy of the decision making. Sadly, Saturday was another example of it not working. How all four officials miss a blatant handball that changed the game is astounding. Similarly, Crewe were the victims of an even more obvious handball by Adebayo Akinfenwa leading to the second equaliser by their opponents. Again all four officials missed it. What does the fourth official do to help the decision making by the referee?

If you were at the game you would’ve seen the behaviour of their manager at ht and the constant diving and general cheating from them. Glad we didn’t get Coleman as our manager as it’d be grim watching that nonsense week in week out.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Would you prefer to rot in Div 4? I don't give a monkey's how we get out of this league.

You sound like Crwho fan banging on about playing the game the "right way."

With a bit more composure we could have gone into the break 4-0 up.

Worrall spooned an open goal after intercepting a sliced GK from an absolute flapper of a goalkeeper, and on another occasion was through one on one on the right side of the box but was almost jogging rather than running, dwelled on his shot for several seconds too long and allowed the centre half to come across and make an admittedly excellent challenge to clear the ball. For the first one you can give him a bit of leeway for the startle factor of suddenly intercepting the ball but the second chance was simply a lack of a forward's instinct.

All three goals were terrible to concede and were all identical. While Kee cheated that is inconsequential - the ball shouldn't have been anywhere near him the first place. Poor touch from Anderson spooned the ball to their forward who's deflected shot was touched in by Kee's right hand. I think Smith should have done much better with it as well and thrown himself forward to block the ball. He put more effort into appealing the handball.

Slot Jules in at CB. We still need a LB because we might as well have me there rather than Pugh.

Archived