onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Please don't be critical of Accy, given their level of support and the battle they have for it with the local draw of Blackburn & Burnley their achievements are phenomenal. It's like Newcastle Town being in L2.

The most refreshing - and hopeful - aspect for us after this game is Aspo's honesty. This man is no fool, he knows what's required and how to achieve it BUT he can't do it without the financial backing of the Blue One.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

Please don't be critical of Accy, given their level of support and the battle they have for it with the local draw of Blackburn & Burnley their achievements are phenomenal. It's like Newcastle Town being in L2.

The most refreshing - and hopeful - aspect for us after this game is Aspo's honesty. This man is no fool, he knows what's required and how to achieve it BUT he can't do it without the financial backing of the Blue One.

No criticism of Accrington Stanley intended SoTT :smile:

My criticism of Accy was about the facilities etc , NOT the Club itself. I actually applaud them for the way they, on the pitch, attempt to play football and the fact that they are doing so well on an obvious very very poor revenue. Lesson there for many similar Clubs in the division.

HEATWAVE yes i got the train back to stockport ,no ticket person again so it cost me 4.95 for me my son and nephew to get to Manc piccadily lol .

Then 15 quid for the three of us to get to Accr withplus bus thrown in so 20 quid for three of us get there .

40 quid get in though .

I loved it though .

Accrington r a fantastic team the pace they play at was very good ,i hope they get promoted on the gates they get it just shows what u can achieve with little to nothing .

U dont need 70 thousand fans u need 11 players who would die for the club .

Here are my marks on my team my players who were doing alright until they got complacent .

Boot 5 no chance with the goals what i witnessed

Gibbons 5 First half very good i thought ,wasnt really at fault for any goals but become more ineffective as game wore on .

Anderson 4 first half good again didnt do anything wrong as such but second half didnt get to grips with his man and along with Smith and Pugh were major culprits in the defeat .

Smith 3 i believe the lad who scored 2 goals was his man ,outmanoevered not good enough .

Pugh 3 same as Smith outmanoeuvered a game we should have won we lost because of ineptitude from this experienced pro.

Kay 6 hit the bar played generally ok

Tonge 6 scored the second goal passed the ball well and i dont think he let anyone down .

Hannant 6 bright player did his best on his debut cannot really be blamed for the defence and red giving the opposition 3 goals .

We scored 2 goals we hardly played that badly or we wouldnt have scored any ,he linked play up well he was good .

Worrall 7 set up popes goal was good ghroughout for me shame he didnt score but never mind hey .

Pope 5 scored linked the play up well when he we played the ball up to him properly but otherwise was dominated by hungry big centre half

Whitfield 5 i thought he did ok then we brought him off ,maybe cause Pugh wasnt doing his job.

Subs montano best of the 3 the other 2 very ineffective

The worst ground I’ve ever been on, how they can justify charging 20 quid for those facilities.

£20 for such facilities is shocking.Just 1 small set of toilets.So if you are sitting alongside the pitch you need to walk half way round the ground to go the toilet.The toilets are a disgrace and are about to collapse.The floodlights are useless.I did like how you are close to the pitch and get a good view.

Vale played well first half and were the better team.They deserved to go in at halftime with a the lead.But 2-0 may have been a bit flattering.Early on in the game you could see that Stanley had a lot more pace than a very slow Port Vale.Secong half Stanley battered a Vale.All through the game their numbers 4&5 were manhandling players.They had the ref in their pockets.Another poor set of officials.Late on in the second half when there was that commotion about the throw in even their keeper turned around and said he (the ref) got that one wrong.

Seeing references about the floodlights makes me dust off the old story I have about them. When we 1st played them on their return to league football I was told that the lights very often move round the wrong way. The local fire brigade come in and get the ladders up to turn the bulbs back round. That story was from 2009. They’ve not been improved.

From a Photography point of view I used the same settings yesterday after half time as I did for the Shortwood United game, on a night when BT brought some portable lights to enable the televised FA game to go ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

The issue for me yesterday was a total lack of mobility and agility in our team. Kay, Tonge, Pugh and Anderson are absolute carthorses and the number of times they ended up second to the ball and chasing back aimlessly left for dead by their quick attack was ridiculous. It also means the team is very much split into a static defense and the attackers. Very few players are going forwards and backwards to be part of both and they controlled the centre of the field yesterday. We either need to get Regis behaving or gone and replaced as we need someone to drive forward with the ball to create attacks and also to recover once the ball is lost

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

So when are we going to all admit that at this moment in time Smith just isn't good enough to warrant a first team place every week? And to think some people were rating him in the millions after a handful of decent games last season. Madness.

If he wasn't 'one of our own' he'd get loads more criticism than he generally every does.

So when are we going to all admit that at this moment in time Smith just isn't good enough to warrant a first team place every week? And to think some people were rating him in the millions after a handful of decent games last season. Madness.

If he wasn't 'one of our own' he'd get loads more criticism than he generally every does.

That's why I suggest he is moved to left back to see if he can sort that position out?

Frankly even though some Valiants describe Anderson as a carthorse imo he has got Smith out of difficulties many, many times this season.

Since the good December games and transfer window 7 players have left ether loan or permeant also some players have been told they are free to find other clubs as they are not up to squad standard 4/5 players brought in but have no lge experience has this unsettled the rest of the first team squad in thinking am I next to go will I be going at the end of the season as stated the squad will be trimmed for next season so why should I bother I'll just pick up my wages I have no loyalty to this club or fans if the club get relegated or not I don't care I may not be here.

Having seen the goals it shows how desperate we are for a left back as Pugh got rinsed time and time again and although Jules apparently can play he he looks more like a CB to me so I think we need at least one more in. Can't help but wonder having been 2 up yesterday if it wud have been better going 3 at the back 352.

Archived