onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Accrington Stanley v Port Vale

Fosse69

Having seen the goals it shows how desperate we are for a left back as Pugh got rinsed time and time again and although Jules apparently can play he he looks more like a CB to me so I think we need at least one more in. Can't help but wonder having been 2 up yesterday if it wud have been better going 3 at the back 352.

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

I personally don’t like the 3-5-2 system especially with a LWB like Pugh. It would’ve left even more space in behind him and he doesn’t have the pace or energy to get up and down the pitch. With the players we have at the moment 4-1-4-1 definitely suits us the best.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

Since the good December games and transfer window 7 players have left ether loan or permeant also some players have been told they are free to find other clubs as they are not up to squad standard 4/5 players brought in but have no lge experience has this unsettled the rest of the first team squad in thinking am I next to go will I be going at the end of the season as stated the squad will be trimmed for next season so why should I bother I'll just pick up my wages I have no loyalty to this club or fans if the club get relegated or not I don't care I may not be here.
I think you may have a point.

Since the good December games and transfer window 7 players have left ether loan or permeant also some players have been told they are free to find other clubs as they are not up to squad standard 4/5 players brought in but have no lge experience has this unsettled the rest of the first team squad in thinking am I next to go will I be going at the end of the season as stated the squad will be trimmed for next season so why should I bother I'll just pick up my wages I have no loyalty to this club or fans if the club get relegated or not I don't care I may not be here.
Surely it could be argued that, if these players had anything about them at all, they should be playing to the best of their abilities in order to impress potential suitors for next season. If they don't, they could end up on the scrapheap. Just saying as an alternate view

Surely it could be argued that, if these players had anything about them at all, they should be playing to the best of their abilities in order to impress potential suitors for next season. If they don't, they could end up on the scrapheap. Just saying as an alternate view

:yes::yes::yes::clap:

Just watched the goals and can't believe their forwards had the time and space to pick out unmarked colleagues inside our penalty box. Pugh is a liability as any winger who can run will skin him every time. He probably looks good in training but then he only has to mark Christian 'can't be arsed' Montano and David 'never beat a man in my life' Worrall.

Worrall has been one of/ if not our best player this season along with Whitfield and pope.

A few things I thought about, on my way home after yesterdays match:

Boot - no fault in the goals, and not questioning his ability on the line. But, and there is a but; any confidence he may have had, is vanished. And it radiates like the sun! He almost looks depressed...

His goalkicks were poor, like he just closes his eyes and puts his foot through it. And is the guy actually a mute? I noticer after their second corner, that Kay turned to him and shouted “f...... shout! Say something!” And that for me, says it all really. The outfield players lacks confidence in him on setpieces. And that he punches every single time, tells me he is afraid to get hurt.

I’m absolutely not blaming him! He has just been thrown in at the deep end, before he could swim.

If I was Lainton, I would truelly be wondering, why I wasn’t even given a chance to prove myself. Keepers shouldn’t be dropped after one bad performance, but I do believe he needs a rest now. He truely looks like he needs it!

Anderson, what’s the buzz with him? He turns like a steam ferry and my word, the man is slow!

I could see yesterday why Smith is so rated. But I question, do to his height and general psysique, if he isn’t better placed on the RB? The guy has a footballing mind, you can see that!

Their keeper should have stopped Pope's header. They all make errors at this level sometimes.

We need a solid proper left back and have done all season long. Not a centre back playing there or a 19 year old. A proper experienced player.

The other glaring problem remains the balance in midfield where the two older lads haven't got the energy/pace/reactions to both last for 90 minutes. We need more energy in there. I'd look to replace Tonge, despite his efforts.

Those two points aren't rocket science. We've needed those areas strengthening for months.

If what you say is true,then the players must have forgot first half.

Guest TommyMac
Worrall has been one of/ if not our best player this season along with Whitfield and pope.

That's your opinion, mine is that he has failed to live up to the abilities I thought he had when we signed him. Doesn't score enough and I can't remember the last time he beat his full back. YES he provided the cross for pope yesterday and then missed 2 relatively easy chances.

If what you say is true,then the players must have forgot first half.

They did, thought they had done enough to have a two goal lead, then give three gift goals away some of the older player know they wont be there next season as some put it there fitness as gone.

He probably has been among our more energetic performers but we need him to assist in more goals and to score more as well.

Mediocre players will look decent in a poor team.

Arguably, for me at least, our most consistent player has been Pope, head and shoulders above the rest. Even when he's below par he always puts in a shift while many others have been anonymous.

For every Luton display there have been 7-8 abysmal performances. The Table doesn't lie.

I still feel that we need another couple of strong signings before the end of the month because the inconsistency of this team beggars belief.

OK there's a lot of did he or didn't he and most on here say yes he did an we're a bunch of cheats. For those who went yesterday who could tell if it was or wasn't apart from players putting there hands up. Now if this link works the truth is here. @billykee29 brings it back to 2-2 what a #%#%ing second half https://t.co/qzLIpVxvbG taken from behind the goal hands and arms know where near the ball.

OK there's a lot of did he or didn't he and most on here say yes he did an we're a bunch of cheats. For those who went yesterday who could tell if it was or wasn't apart from players putting there hands up. Now if this link works the truth is here. @billykee29 brings it back to 2-2 what a #%#%ing second half https://t.co/qzLIpVxvbG taken from behind the goal hands and arms know where near the ball.

I always say you can tell from players reactions I think Kee’s reaction straight after the goal gave it away as he turns straight around to have a look at the referee before celebrating. Also a team don’t appeal like we did for nothing happening! If it was against you then I can guarantee you’d be as furious as we are!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived