onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mad Gavs a Goner

Mattholl

I am sure we will be OK, or at least I hope so but it is a bit strange that when we are taking it one game at a time and avoiding relegation is our first priority that we are signing a player on an 18 month contract who is not ready for the first team yet but not signing a player who has already proved his worth. Remember what happened in the last January transfer window, we lost 3 players and got relegated.

Probably isn't priority, was probably just lined up for a while, who knows what's going on in terms of transfers.

I'd be very very surprised if we didn't offer gunning what he's worth given that he's been part of aspins team. I really think it can only be him over evaluating himself and if that's the case I'm glad we haven't give him too much. I guess time will tell on that one.

Advert

Transfer windows throw up all sorts of questions.

RZ's concerns are valid in relation to last years transfer window.

It was catastrophic.

Against an incredibly unstable, crazy background.

Thankfully, we are in a much better place now.

For this, credit has to go to Smurf.

He gambled and failed.

Badly.

He took easy routes i.e. appointing cheap, inexperienced Managers.

His actions of the past few months show that he has learned from his mistakes.

He has appointed people who know their stuff and who can stand up to his power.

Critically, level headed individuals, who contrast markedly with Smurf's erratic, hot headed tendencies.

I would have preferred not to have sunk this low, but the fact that we have has, finally, got us going in the right direction.

I expect Port Vale to be an established top half league one team in 5 years time.

I'd be very very surprised if we didn't offer gunning what he's worth given that he's been part of aspins team. I really think it can only be him over evaluating himself and if that's the case I'm glad we haven't give him too much. I guess time will tell on that one.

I think you might be right. I was considering posting something similar.

When we got promoted in 1994 Rudge stood firm when Swan and Kerr started asking for more money than he thought they were worth. Neither was irreplaceable and both probably regretted leaving.

Did I read previously GG was contracted to us until 30.06.2018? Or am I mixing him with one of the other 'Lads?

He only had a half season contract, bit of a gamble, accepted Vale`s offer to get games. If he can get more elsewhere good luck and thanks for his input. Money is money, I don't expect loyalty in football.

RS reports going to FGR. Jesus wept. I can't see why FGR would offer him a decent amount of money for a decent length of time, given the trouble they're in, staring relegation in the face? Surely they must be looking to budget for conference football next season? Or are they taking a punt in the hope of staying up? Either way, pride certainly not a factor in this decision, if true!

Archived