onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mad Gavs a Goner

Mattholl

Advert

Can't blame him if he's had a significantly better offer than what we have offered. Aspo and Rudge know what they are doing. With their recruitment we will steadily improve over the coming years.

Polite question - what leads you, or anyone else to believe he has had a significantly better offer from another club ?

It may be just £50 a week more, what we do know is he was on a very modest salary up to Christmas - but is there ANY reliable info on what he has been offered, or has someone done a fantastic PR suggestion job here ?

I certainly agree with the last part, but it doesn't affect what is going on with Gunning, who I would rather be at Vale than elsewhere for the rest of this season at least.

Polite question - what leads you, or anyone else to believe he has had a significantly better offer from another club ?

It may be just £50 a week more, what we do know is he was on a very modest salary up to Christmas - but is there ANY reliable info on what he has been offered, or has someone done a fantastic PR suggestion job here ?

I certainly agree with the last part, but it doesn't affect what is going on with Gunning, who I would rather be at Vale than elsewhere for the rest of this season at least.

Could have paid him more if we had got rid of Adam Yates who has only played two games in the Micky mouse cup.Dont think it was the money but we offered him a contract until the end of the season and Forest Green an 18 month contract.

There is no factual evidence of the lengths of contracts offered by either Vale or FGR, anyone quoting figures are just guessing, with no evidence or facts - pure conjecture. Motive ?- you tell me.

It is an unfortunate consequence of forums that people can make their guesses (or what they would like to be true) seem like facts by restating them without any link, fact or evidence, luckily most posters are not so gullible that they cannot recognise this.

The Adam Yates issue is irrelevant here, reopening a closed questionable episode that some consider came close to staining the reputations of both club and owner before it was rescued late in the day might not be a good idea.

Vale did the right and decent thing for Adam eventually, but the context matters- keeping him paid until the end of the season is a pittance to a multi-millionaire and should be looked at in that respect rather than pretending it affects the budget, which is nonsense.

We could also speculate that savings made on sending 3 loan players back (even if on free/low wages, they cost money to have at the club) and that could have been made available for Gunning - there are no facts so again it is speculation.

Just as it would be to say that the owner won't find even a tiny extra amount to keep a player who has contributed a great deal to December's amazing results - I could be wrong on this, but unlike other posters I won't try to make it seem fact when we don't yet know.

Each fan will make up their own mind. Those with a balanced view and no agenda will consider that history often repeats itself, and take all previous events and similar situations at Vale in the recent past into account before they do so.

There is no factual evidence of the lengths of contracts offered by either Vale or FGR, anyone quoting figures are just guessing, with no evidence or facts - pure conjecture. Motive ?- you tell me.

I have no hidden motives. I was told Vale offered him a deal til the end of the season, but he has the chance to go somewhere else on a longer deal.

Can't blame him if he's had a significantly better offer than what we have offered. Aspo and Rudge know what they are doing. With their recruitment we will steadily improve over the coming years.

It's all ifs & buts isn't it Steve? Still, whatever the deal I can't help wondering whether FGR did their homework i.e. other than GG's days with Dundee United he's seems unable to replicate them elsewhere.

Then again, FGR may have done their homework and are doing what they believe is necessary short term to survive FL status.

It is an unfortunate consequence of forums that people can make their guesses (or what they would like to be true) seem like facts by restating them without any link, fact or evidence, luckily most posters are not so gullible that they cannot recognise this.

Vale did the right and decent thing for Adam eventually, but the context matters- keeping him paid until the end of the season is a pittance to a multi-millionaire and should be looked at in that respect rather than pretending it affects the budget, which is nonsense.

Haven't you fallen prey to what you initially stated was the 'unfortunate consequence of forums'? Do you know what Yates is being paid, or how much this affects the budget?

Haven't you fallen prey to what you initially stated was the 'unfortunate consequence of forums'? Do you know what Yates is being paid, or how much this affects the budget?

Actually, I do know exactly what Adam Yates salary is. So I am afraid your remark about forums is a little wide of the mark.

You will realise that it is not polite or appropriate to ask me to post a figure on here, but in my opinion it would make almost a negligible difference to the budget, and far less to the overall wealth of a multi-millionaire.

Surely the important thing is that he continues his recovery after what was a horrific set of injuries - I find it disappointing that one or two posts keep bringing up his wage payment as if it were a significant amount when it is minimal.

Just as an aside you may wish to reflect for a moment on the fact that as I write, 4 players have departed (Gunning and 3 loanees) and Ben we don't know as yet, but even if the 3 loanees were having most/all of their salaries paid, there is still a considerable saving on other costs of having them here and this plus Gunning's wages means that at this moment Norman is better off.

I have no hidden motives. I was told Vale offered him a deal til the end of the season, but he has the chance to go somewhere else on a longer deal.

I apologise if you thought that remark referred to yourself - it did not, but I preferred not to directly quote. It was really a general remark that we don't know the lengths of any contract offers, that may change in time.

The Adam Yates issue is irrelevant here, reopening a closed questionable episode that some consider came close to staining the reputations of both club and owner before it was rescued late in the day might not be a good idea.

We could also speculate that savings made on sending 3 loan players back (even if on free/low wages, they cost money to have at the club) and that could have been made available for Gunning - there are no facts so again it is speculation.

Just as it would be to say that the owner won't find even a tiny extra amount to keep a player who has contributed a great deal to December's amazing results - I could be wrong on this, but unlike other posters I won't try to make it seem fact when we don't yet know.

Each fan will make up their own mind. Those with a balanced view and no agenda will consider that history often repeats itself, and take all previous events and similar situations at Vale in the recent past into account before they do so.

Yet you just posted (wrongly) that it was highly likely that aspin was allowed to sign either Whitfield or gunning. And now you’re saying you ‘aren’t like other posters’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yet you just posted (wrongly) that it was highly likely that aspin was allowed to sign either Whitfield or gunning. And now you’re saying you ‘aren’t like other posters’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It is quite possible that the funds provided for Aspin precluded making offers to both Gunning and Whitfield that both would have accepted. I never said it was fact, see below and if you fail to see it this time, perhaps a visit to Specsavers ?

The post of mine you have quoted includes the following -

'there are no facts so again it is speculation. '

'Each fan will make up their own mind'

' I could be wrong on this, but unlike other posters I won't try to make it seem fact'

You are not stupid, and know and understand that the last quote does not mean ALL other posters, yet you try to manipulate it because I did not put 'one or two other posters'.

It is obvious there are all shades of opinion regarding ransfers and players on here, and all are worth considering as my quotes above show - but your personal attacks continue to show you have problems, not me.

Why not post your own opinion, and let others see it and decide for themselves rather than look for a silly ongoing bicker session - no one needs it all again, however much you might have missed it recently.

Actually, I do know exactly what Adam Yates salary is. So I am afraid your remark about forums is a little wide of the mark. As quoted by Bea.

And i also ,knew what he was on a couple of years back when he was more of a regular and it made me wince .Granted he will be on a pittance now but believe you me he didn't do badly at the time.

Actually, I do know exactly what Adam Yates salary is. So I am afraid your remark about forums is a little wide of the mark. As quoted by Bea.

And i also ,knew what he was on a couple of years back when he was more of a regular and it made me wince .Granted he will be on a pittance now but believe you me he didn't do badly at the time.

With all due respect Darren, what he was on as a regular player in a side that he helped get promoted has no bearing on what he has been paid for the more recent 2 year period or more. Do you also know how that compares to some other Vale players wages at that time?

He was never one of the top few earners at the club, and if we are going to look back at what some players have been paid some time ago, then perhaps we should also remember the figures on that leaked wage sheet for people like Christopher M'bamba and other glittering stars from Sweden's 5th division and similar, who unlike Adam, contributed nothing but relegation, for which they and their agents fleeced Vale to the tune of £50k a year or more and even very, very close to 100k in one case.

Archived