onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ben Whitfield

melv

Advert

Do we know for certain he wants to stay? You can't go by interviews, as Gunning sounded like he had found the love of his life in Vale, in his post match interview after Coventry, I think it was.

If the Cherries are to let him go in May, they really can't be all that bothered were he plays in the spring?

I would think, that unless they are going to give him a go next season, they would let him have some sort of influence on where he wants to play? Lincoln or Vale, whats the difference for them, League wise? Shrews could be a problem though...

Shrews is different, worth spending on a promotion push for the increased TV money and to purchase if successful.

If I were Whitfield I would be wanting playing time and he's been shown he will get it at Vale and not only playing time, he's playig "alongside" the best striker of his type in Lge 2, no better learning process than that.

Wouldn't surprise me that Alex Jones is having a few regrets joining Bradford, something like 5-6 first team games this season, no point learning how to warm a bench at his age.

No mention on the Shrews fans forum about Ben but plenty speculation that they are after a left winger from Norwich, Yanic Wildshut.

Also interesting that their manager is being linked with the vacancy at Sheffield Wednesday.

I know for a fact that Hurst applied for another job in the summer, his stock has risen considerably since then and I've got no doubt he'll start looking for Championship jobs.

No mention on the Shrews fans forum about Ben but plenty speculation that they are after a left winger from Norwich, Yanic Wildshut.

Wildshut was at Wigan in their promotion season a couple of years ago. He tore us to shreds when we played there.

Didn’t Birmingham accept our transfer offer for Alex Jones? I recall we lost him simply due to their position and ours respectively at the time and financially we offered the same deal as Bradford...

Money may not be the issue, after all it would be a good investment with decent chance of a big return in the future but if Lincoln turns his head as they are in the play offs.

“CHERRIES midfielder Ben Whitfield looks set to leave Vitality Stadium during the transfer window – with Port Vale and Lincoln set to battle it out for his services.

The League Two rivals are both understood to have tabled offers for the 21-year-old, who enjoyed a fruitful loan spell with the Valiants during the first half of the season.

Whitfield, who joined Cherries from non-league Guiseley in 2014, netted three times in 23 appearances and helped them climb away from the relegation zone.”

This evenings Bournemoth Echo.

Come on Norman it’s in your hands.

When push comes to shove, what should happen is that the manager is given a defined budget of how much the owner is prepared to give him to spend in a defined period of time. The manager then observes those limits and spends it as he sees fit. Aspin values GG at “x” some other manager and club will value him at “y” where y>x. Aspin feels he can get better value than GG for “y” within the budget he was given initially. None of it proves anyone is undervaluing GG or that money promised to Aspin is being withheld. This is all the stuff that forums are made of but a thread full of conjecture, including my own post, not really referenced to any facts we have or should have access to.

Exactly, it's the bigger picture for Neil and JR. They alone know what needs to be done short, medium and long term for PVFC.

Like us they may want to keep Ben and the now departed GG but, and there's always a but, for all we know keeping them by 'pushing the cash boat out' may be far more disruptive to the current dressing room and their overall plans - and NS would be kept in the loop at every stage along the way.

Archived