onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Yeovil Saturday 3pm kick-off

smithie

Advert

Could not agree more. .. as a fan who loves to watch from behind the goal we are yet again moved to side view stand .. fans who prefer a side view now have a choice of 3 stands ...why not close the upper tier of railway and let them move to the paddock. .. once again fans who pay their hard earned money for a bycars season ticket get treated shabbily. ...

"We are yet again moved"

When was the last time Bycars were moved?

"Once again fan's who pay their hard earned money for a Bycars season ticket get treated shabbily"

Do the fan's in the Railway not pay for their season tickets with their hard earned money then?

Its always the Railway Stand that is closed down.

The Bycars fans also have a choice of 3 stands.Railway paddock,Railway Stand & Lorne Street.

15,000 empty seats and we do NOTHING about it, but that's OK?

So typical of many Vale fans. Think small, stay small. Know our place. Show no ambition, imagination or creativity in case it succeeds.

I'm sure Huddersfield, Bournemouth and plenty more wish they'd just stagnated. Look where they are now. What a disaster showing some ambition has been

At £12.00 a ticket I'm not sure what more the club could do, apart from make it free. Even then it wouldn't increase the gate that much. Unfortunately it is a longer term issue to solve not just on 1 game.

Sent from my SM-A520F using the onevalefan mobile app

I think some need a bit more perspective to be honest. All clubs generally shut the least used stands for games like this to save money. If all were open, Vale would lose out on gate money because of having to pay more staff. So then they look to the choice that upsets the least amount of people, therefore closing the Bycars. Despite having to sit somewhere different for a home game or two per season, surely it's understanable that the stand with the least amount of fans & atmosphere is closed? Anyway, I don't think it's that big of an issue. I'd be happy to sit in any stand, but looking at it objectively, I've sat in them all & the top centre of the Paddock is by far the best view in the stadium IMO. Asking them to shut off part of the most popular side of the ground though is just catering to the minority.

Regardless of all of that, think yourselves lucky you can actually go! I can't go now because they've put it on the Saturday :shifty: (& I'm only free that weekend on the Friday). BUT, I am happy that hundreds more get to go in my place & create a better atmosphere, rather than not be able to if it was on the Friday. Hope you all see a win, & I get to see us in the 3rd round. :smile:

Would not be surprised if the family stand and bycars are closed down all together next season so only the Lorne street and railway stand/paddock are open to home fans the money saved could then be used to finish the Lorne street hamil end.

Well said Tomo. We are improving in the league, and have a decent chance of a cup run. So why keep moaning about one end of the ground shut. For heavens sake stop whinging and support the Lads.

I think some need a bit more perspective to be honest. All clubs generally shut the least used stands for games like this to save money. If all were open, Vale would lose out on gate money because of having to pay more staff. So then they look to the choice that upsets the least amount of people, therefore closing the Bycars. Despite having to sit somewhere different for a home game or two per season, surely it's understanable that the stand with the least amount of fans & atmosphere is closed? Anyway, I don't think it's that big of an issue. I'd be happy to sit in any stand, but looking at it objectively, I've sat in them all & the top centre of the Paddock is by far the best view in the stadium IMO. Asking them to shut off part of the most popular side of the ground though is just catering to the minority.

Regardless of all of that, think yourselves lucky you can actually go! I can't go now because they've put it on the Saturday :shifty: (& I'm only free that weekend on the Friday). BUT, I am happy that hundreds more get to go in my place & create a better atmosphere, rather than not be able to if it was on the Friday. Hope you all see a win, & I get to see us in the 3rd round. :smile:

At £12.00 a ticket I'm not sure what more the club could do, apart from make it free. Even then it wouldn't increase the gate that much. Unfortunately it is a longer term issue to solve not just on 1 game.

Sent from my SM-A520F using the onevalefan mobile app

I'm not suggesting gates will improve with a one-game effort, but my concern is more about our apparent stance that gates will never be any good so let's not even try.

Bycars was closed last season for the fa cup match and also for all the checkatrade matches (as of course were railway stands )... the railway stand has nor been closed for fa cup for many years. .. but my point was that if you prefer a side view you have a choice of 3 stands. ..

But the railway has been closed a lot more times than Bycars in the past.The atmosphere in Bycars looks poor compared to the Railway.

Not 100% sure but is it right that there is no alcohol available in Bycars?If so then moving from Bycars to somewhere else would give that extra option of being able to have pre match / half time drink for those that want to do so and make more money for the club at the same time

Bycars was closed last season for the fa cup match and also for all the checkatrade matches (as of course were railway stands )... the railway stand has nor been closed for fa cup for many years. .. but my point was that if you prefer a side view you have a choice of 3 stands. ..

The Railway Stand has been closed for all our League Cup and FA Cup games for years. That’s why I was astonished when it was open for the Oxford game.

Unbelievable that the thread has been reduced to petty bickering amongst ourselves, my end's better than your end, ner ner ner ner ner .

I go in the Bycars and am not bothered one iota that i have to move. Also i want a 3-00 pm Saturday kick off as that is when football should be played.

My reading is that they ( Vale, Old Bill ) have come to some agreement to gather the crowd in less areas so that it is more manageable to steward. Yeovil will be lucky to bring 150 maybe? . Because some of the stewards probably work at both grounds the closure of certain areas means less stewards and the go ahead for 3-00 pm .

As for people moaning about attracting gates, the FA Cup is dying on it's feet and has been for years, the crowds in midweek at Bury and Accrington were shameful. Vale have done all they can at £12 a pop and i'd say 3500 will be an anticipated gate.

Rant over.

The Railway Stand has been closed for all our League Cup and FA Cup games for years. That’s why I was astonished when it was open for the Oxford game.
Perhaps kept open in response to previous complaints, so a chance to test its popularity? In general, what would people prefer money to be spent on? Changes to the ground or improving the players and the management structure? The main thing this season is stability, hope, and the possibility of a big cup game.

Think the main gripe actually revolves around the fact that more often than not the away area is used by only a handful or few hundred of fans. It is criminal that no one at Vale over the years has been able to plan out how/ where to house so little a crowd in order that Vale fans could use Hamil, not only for atmosphere but to allow fans to mingle more and create a more pleasing experience. In the current division it would mean perhaps only asking Hamil Vale fans to move areas on a handful or less occasions. Yes we have a disjointed stadium but come on can't fans, Vale, police get together and talk this out for future implementation? We seem to have been talking about it amongst ourselves for yonks.

Sent from my SM-G920F using the onevalefan mobile app

Think the main gripe actually revolves around the fact that more often than not the away area is used by only a handful or few hundred of fans. It is criminal that no one at Vale over the years has been able to plan out how/ where to house so little a crowd in order that Vale fans could use Hamil, not only for atmosphere but to allow fans to mingle more and create a more pleasing experience. In the current division it would mean perhaps only asking Hamil Vale fans to move areas on a handful or less occasions. Yes we have a disjointed stadium but come on can't fans, Vale, police get together and talk this out for future implementation? We seem to have been talking about it amongst ourselves for yonks.

Separate issue, but if we could finish the LS, we could split that & let smaller away teams use the finished side. Only issue then is the lack of Vale fans in general, spread out over Railway/LS/Bycars/Hamil we would be very thin indeed.

Reality is, unless we become very successful, we're never going to look like filling a lot of it, so it is unfit for purpose. Just too big right now. We could shut one stand every game & the rest still wouldn't look that full.

Even at the reduced price, I imagine there will still only be 4,500 max for this one.

Archived