onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Yeovil Saturday 3pm kick-off

smithie

Railway paddock / stand has been closed may times before.There seems to be less and less going into Bycars when looking from the Railway stand.I rarely hear any singing / noise from the Bycars.

(Will the the Bycars fan's be bringing their tartan blankets, rattles,flasks of tea/coffee with them?:wink:)

Advert

This is key shopping day pre Christmas. Whilst I would never choose to do anything but attend on a Saturday many will go shopping.

The reality is this is a traditionally a very poor attendance Saturday in the football calendar.

If it was £2 quid to get in we would struggle to get 5000 in.

The closure of the bycars could improve the atmosphere.

All those loud singers from the bycars joining us in the Railway. More likely they will join the “mad cap crew” in Lorne Street.

One of the mad cap crew here.... We make as much row as anywhere else in the ground, mate.😉

Sent from my SM-G920F using the onevalefan mobile app

Railway paddock / stand has been closed may times before.There seems to be less and less going into Bycars when looking from the Railway stand.I rarely hear any singing / noise from the Bycars.

(Will the the Bycars fan's be bringing their tartan blankets, rattles,flasks of tea/coffee with them?:wink:)

Good points melv

More atmosphere on the moon than in the bycars.

Apparently Lorne Street even make some noise according to one step. Come on we have all heard the deafening sounds coming from across the pitch.

When a group of them drop their zimmers.

One of the mad cap crew here.... We make as much row as anywhere else in the ground, mate.😉

I would like to see vale fans all in the Hamil Road end away fans in The bycars permanently.

Lorne Street and Railway shut dependant on crowd size. Catering would be better, atmosphere better and way cheaper costs in staffing and policing.

Come on Norman sort it

You need to take a reality check. The ground will be sparsely filled, we need to cover costs. Stop moaning about this sensible move and support the team from Lorne St or the Paddock.

Above all, this move says "small-time".

Rather than say "Let's do our damnedest to fill the Bycars and get a crowd in for the FA Cup", this is simply accepting we'll have a poor crowd.

Would we fill it, using some imaginative promotion of the cheap tickets? Who knows? Will we even try? Not a chance. As if that is something that can't possibly be addressed and is not worth our efforts in trying to improve upon.

You need to take a reality check. The ground will be sparsely filled, we need to cover costs. Stop moaning about this sensible move and support the team from Lorne St or the Paddock.

15,000 empty seats and we do NOTHING about it, but that's OK?

So typical of many Vale fans. Think small, stay small. Know our place. Show no ambition, imagination or creativity in case it succeeds.

I'm sure Huddersfield, Bournemouth and plenty more wish they'd just stagnated. Look where they are now. What a disaster showing some ambition has been

I would like to see vale fans all in the Hamil Road end away fans in The bycars permanently.

Lorne Street and Railway shut dependant on crowd size. Catering would be better, atmosphere better and way cheaper costs in staffing and policing.

Come on Norman sort it

I'm sorry but you clearly know nothing about how atmosphere works at football matches. Whether you like it or not, it needs home and away fans near to each other. Last season was dire football wise but the atmosphere was dreadful because the away fans were put in a distant corner of the Hamil.

Your "solution" would be the death of any atmosphere at games.

I,m surprised the Railway stand fans can get their Zimmer frames up that steep bank to the stand.

Nice having a friendly "go" at each other but imo all Valiants would love a roaring atmosphere. In view of our recent crowds the best way to accommodate atmosphere would indeed be Vale fans in Hamil and away fans Bycars. Logistics appear to be stumbling block apparently but majority of games could see Lorne Street and Railway closed so entrance/exit of away few fans could be resolved. Might create problem when/ If we get crowds in excess of 4500 Vale fans as Hamil would then be full. Nowhere else seem to have these "segregation" problems as I have walked many, many times past the home fans when I visit away games. This really is a Vale problem that has existed for years without ANY real input/thought or solution from Vale. There MUST be a way we can put away fans safely in our ground AND have atmosphere on our crowds?

Could not agree more. .. as a fan who loves to watch from behind the goal we are yet again moved to side view stand .. fans who prefer a side view now have a choice of 3 stands ...why not close the upper tier of railway and let them move to the paddock. .. once again fans who pay their hard earned money for a bycars season ticket get treated shabbily. ...

Nice having a friendly "go" at each other but imo all Valiants would love a roaring atmosphere. In view of our recent crowds the best way to accommodate atmosphere would indeed be Vale fans in Hamil and away fans Bycars. Logistics appear to be stumbling block apparently but majority of games could see Lorne Street and Railway closed so entrance/exit of away few fans could be resolved. Might create problem when/ If we get crowds in excess of 4500 Vale fans as Hamil would then be full. Nowhere else seem to have these "segregation" problems as I have walked many, many times past the home fans when I visit away games. This really is a Vale problem that has existed for years without ANY real input/thought or solution from Vale. There MUST be a way we can put away fans safely in our ground AND have atmosphere on our crowds?

I don't agree with closing both side stands. I think if they should close any parts of the ground it should be the upper Bycars and the upper Railway or just the Bycars.

I totally agree that the Hamill is the best end but I just can't see the club or the police wanting to have the away fans in an area that isn't as easily accessible as the Hamil end is.

Could not agree more. .. as a fan who loves to watch from behind the goal we are yet again moved to side view stand .. fans who prefer a side view now have a choice of 3 stands ...why not close the upper tier of railway and let them move to the paddock. .. once again fans who pay their hard earned money for a bycars season ticket get treated shabbily. ...

Whilst you are happy for those in the upper Railway to be treated shabbily? There are more season ticket holders in the Railway Stand than any other part of the ground than the Paddock. The Railway Stand has been the first choice for closure in these circumstances for years now, even for a League game against Crawley a couple of years ago when the decision was made at very short notice.

The one way to keep all the stands open is to fill the buggers!

Archived