onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope

alwaysvaleme

Advert

QUOTE=pensioner;773196]I second that - I have been berating Tom this season and, in my opinion, rightly so - but fair dooze to him today he put a shift and a half in AND it was an effective shift. The only point I could knock off him today was the one he missed but hey oh - well done Tom .

Not sure if it was the Vale fans giving him a kick up the arse, him doing it for Aspo or just him realising his place was up for grabs ..... Well he should be on the team sheet for next tuesday - again well done and remember Today is the standard we like .

No, not rightly so,miles off.You'd love to think it was vale fan's giving him a kick up the arse, wouldn't you, which would vindicate your recent berating of Pope.He's done absolutely nothing different than before but I'm convinced if we'd have lost 4-3 today you and the usual mob would have been blaming him for the loss.

Or it could be that as I was told in August he didn't want to play for Brown, now he has helped get rid of Brown (the right decision anyway) he has started to play again.

It would be very interesting to find out how much ground he covers in a game. Some have said that he isn't fit but I bet that there is no one who clocks up more distance than Tom Pope. Keep banging them in mate.
Vale players have trackers on the shirts to track all the ground they cover. I believe thats why Whitfield was subbed yesterday. The lad must have covered every blade of grass.

If Popey carries on in this vane of form and aspo can utilise him correctly Surely pope might need a rest because his work rate at the minute is superb and so in games in the ex Johnston’s paint trophy thingy cup then that’s when we need use turner/Pyke etc same with Smith/Anderson really. If Tom lasts to end of season and takes us up the league hopefully to a play-off spot then he can rightly join aspo and rudge in the vale legend club

Keep it up Popey!!

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Third goal he challenged a header, then turned and continued his run while the Morecambe players were ball watching. That bit of awareness and sharpness gave him the space to cross for Montano, and bodes well. We know he will battle, and give his all, but while he's not the quickest, he has quality on the deck that, if he can find the appropriate space, he'll make the opposition pay.

I'm delighted - it's great to have a focal point, a talisman that people can look to. I just hope we don't become overreliant on him now!

I ran Pope down for his lack of goals in previous posts but he has made me eat humble pie with his performances of late. He is proving to be worth his wage with the commitment he has shown recently not to mention his goal scoring ability. Long may he continue to prove me wrong.

If Popey carries on in this vane of form and aspo can utilise him correctly Surely pope might need a rest because his work rate at the minute is superb and so in games in the ex Johnston’s paint trophy thingy cup then that’s when we need use turner/Pyke etc same with Smith/Anderson really. If Tom lasts to end of season and takes us up the league hopefully to a play-off spot then he can rightly join aspo and rudge in the vale legend club

Keep it up Popey!!

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Pyke not even in the squad for the today's reserve game. Unannounced injury, or really really out of favour?

It would be very interesting to find out how much ground he covers in a game. Some have said that he isn't fit but I bet that there is no one who clocks up more distance than Tom Pope. Keep banging them in mate.

I don't care. He scores goals. That's what matters. Leon Constantine was a lazy ****** at times but he put the ball in the back of the net and that's what he was paid to do.

Neil Aspin clearly knows how to get the best out of Tom Pope which Michael Brown didn't and long may it continue!

I'm a Tom Pope fan and hope his good form will continue ad infinitum but realistically he'll have his good games and his not so good games, in some games he'll score in some he won't but Vale fans can always count on him giving 110% for Vale every time he pulls on the shirt.

I read on one Tom Pope thread a rumor about a lack of dressing room spirit but from what I see nothing could be further from the truth. When goals are scored or players get substituted or do something good the players all high-5 each other, shake each others hand or hug each other as was typified when Whitfield was subbed on Saturday. Both Pope and Barnet at least gave the gleaming Whitfied huge hugs as he left the field which typifies an excellent dressing spirit.

I'm a Tom Pope fan and hope his good form will continue ad infinitum but realistically he'll have his good games and his not so good games, in some games he'll score in some he won't but Vale fans can always count on him giving 110% for Vale every time he pulls on the shirt.

I read on one Tom Pope thread a rumor about a lack of dressing room spirit but from what I see nothing could be further from the truth. When goals are scored or players get substituted or do something good the players all high-5 each other, shake each others hand or hug each other as was typified when Whitfield was subbed on Saturday. Both Pope and Barnet at least gave the gleaming Whitfied huge hugs as he left the field which typifies an excellent dressing spirit.

One thing that I noticed on Saturday, that summed it up for me, was when it was announced that Tom was the sponsors man of the match, first person to applaud was Tyrone Barnett. That's team spirit Messrs Brown - Morgan.

Was good to see Worrall sprint towards the Vale following and get mobbed by a group of fans following Pope's 2nd.

Aspin spoke brilliantly about making the player's feel pride in playing for Vale and understanding the fans; its great to see his words take effect so soon.

I agree about his fitness, OS. Indeed, he probably ran more under Brown's daft system when he had to do all the front running on his own with no support.

Glad to see so many people on this thread giving Pope the credit he deserves.

Archived