onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope

alwaysvaleme

Advert

Pope had another great game , he had support and runners to help create space which he cant do himself which is what he always needed , nice link up for his 2nd . His energy was has always been there but when you have runners it helps all players to be efficient, a great example is whitfield who has been a 100% player under brown but quickly tired under aspo he lasts longer and is more effective in what he does same for Worrall too. The first missed effort was well blocked the 2nd was spinning and should have controlled but given chances he scores.

Nice one popey we could all see what it meant for you as you could see what it did for us .

roll on morecombe

Simple really. Lump it up Willy nilly to his head when he has 2 men on his back OR get players out wide and swing balls in to him as he runs onto them. Not rocket science is it to see the resultant difference? Brown would still be demanding everyone hoof it anywhere near to Tom but in 2 games Aspo has worked it out!

Sent from my SM-G920F using the onevalefan mobile app

Two great goals, but just as importantly he led the line and held the ball up brilliantly, nearly man of the match for me, just pipped by Whitfield.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I second that - I have been berating Tom this season and, in my opinion, rightly so - but fair dooze to him today he put a shift and a half in AND it was an effective shift. The only point I could knock off him today was the one he missed but hey oh - well done Tom .

Not sure if it was the Vale fans giving him a kick up the arse, him doing it for Aspo or just him realising his place was up for grabs ..... Well he should be on the team sheet for next tuesday - again well done and remember Today is the standard we like .

Aspo said last week that Tom has strengths that have to be played to in order for him to be effective. No surprise then that he couldn't buy a goal under Brown's tactics but he's scored three in two games for Aspo.

The slating of Tom this season has annoyed me because I've been watching a player who's done what's been asked of him but by doing that has been totally ineffective. Brown had him completely isolated and he never had a decent cross to attack. Gibbons delivered a beauty yesterday and hey-ho, there's Tom to head a lovely goal.

With this kind of service Pope will bag 20+ this season. Under Brown he'd be on for 4 or 5.

Sent from my SM-A520F using the onevalefan mobile app

Aspo said last week that Tom has strengths that have to be played to in order for him to be effective. No surprise then that he couldn't buy a goal under Brown's tactics but he's scored three in two games for Aspo.

The slating of Tom this season has annoyed me because I've been watching a player who's done what's been asked of him but by doing that has been totally ineffective. Brown had him completely isolated and he never had a decent cross to attack. Gibbons delivered a beauty yesterday and hey-ho, there's Tom to head a lovely goal.

With this kind of service Pope will bag 20+ this season. Under Brown he'd be on for 4 or 5.

Sent from my SM-A520F using the onevalefan mobile app

Spot on.

Think I'll go with Aspo:

“Even taking his two goals out of the equation, I thought he was excellent. He was a handful for both centre halves, he worked his socks off and he held the ball up. I thought he was immense.

“He is a big plus when he plays like that. In the two games I have been in charge he has probably had more opportunities, which is good for him. He needs opportunities but I thought he worked tremendously well and I was really impressed with him.”

Good enough for me :smile:

QUOTE=pensioner;773196]I second that - I have been berating Tom this season and, in my opinion, rightly so - but fair dooze to him today he put a shift and a half in AND it was an effective shift. The only point I could knock off him today was the one he missed but hey oh - well done Tom .

Not sure if it was the Vale fans giving him a kick up the arse, him doing it for Aspo or just him realising his place was up for grabs ..... Well he should be on the team sheet for next tuesday - again well done and remember Today is the standard we like .

No, not rightly so,miles off.You'd love to think it was vale fan's giving him a kick up the arse, wouldn't you, which would vindicate your recent berating of Pope.He's done absolutely nothing different than before but I'm convinced if we'd have lost 4-3 today you and the usual mob would have been blaming him for the loss.

Archived