onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Cheltenham Town

Fosse69

We certainly need to stop this alarming habit of falling away after half time but I thought Brown was supposed to be the fitness king and had got these lads ready to run two marathons each day!

I'd give Aspin and his staff a few games to assess everyone and then we need to stick to our best XI and not continually shuffle the pack.

But don't ask me what our best XI is. I don't think Bruno ever knew that and Brown certainly didn't.

The first half yesterday was encouraging and we need to build on that and be stronger, mentally and physically, in the second half of games, but that's easier said than done when confidence is low.

If the Club has ever needed our support it's right now!

I just hope we have a best 11

Advert

It's not the training it's what they do after for the rest of the day go to a restaurant, café, the pub, bookies, golf, pool/snooker, home, play football manager, read the forums, see what fans are saying about them. why not do a crewe get them in double training sessions no day off till they get there fitness levels to last a full match. If they don't want to play for port vale and only want a wage tell them to give there notice in and leave the club with no pay off.

I can't see where our next win is going to come from. We can't score more than 1 and can't keep a clean sheet. The best we can hope for is a 1-1?

If we stick with the 3-4-3 from last game:

Roos

Smith-Anderson-Gunning

Gibbons-ADF-Middleton-Denton

Harness-Pope-Whitfield

We have to keep the so called "feel good factor" of Aspin/Rudge going to support whoever is picked in the squad, until Aspin has time to understand our frailties and problems. Fans need to stay with the Club if we have any chance at all of avoiding the big drop. It's going to be interesting on Saturday to see how many of those "floaters" return.

Somebody said Cheltenham are a poor side well there miles better than us there 12th with a record of won 4 drawn 1 lost 1 from there last 6 whereas we are 23rd and most likely be back bottom on Saturday unless some kind of miracle happens and we win a game.

I bet out of the extra 2000 or so that went yesterday only about 100 will return even if we had won yesterday the majority of them wouldn't have returned.

We have to keep the so called "feel good factor" of Aspin/Rudge going to support whoever is picked in the squad, until Aspin has time to understand our frailties and problems. Fans need to stay with the Club if we have any chance at all of avoiding the big drop. It's going to be interesting on Saturday to see how many of those "floaters" return.

Keep coming and keep encouraging .

First half atmosphere yesterday was superb .

We need all be together ,its not our fault the players only played for 65 mins out the 90 and the most important phrase of the game after half time we were beyond poor killing the atmosphere and losing us yet another game and giving another average outfit 3 points i dont think they deserved .

Fans who sing need to move ends as all we can do is sing Neil Aspins Black and white army all game because when we were sunging that the players performances went up a notch .

My team as sick of same old people getting picked on past achievements.

Roos

Gibbons Anderson Davis Pugh

Worrall Defrietas

Harness whitfield Denton

Turner

Im a fan of Tom Pope but we need to try something different .

The players i have omitted from the team r in my opinion players who r one paced and not in good form .

Keep Denton away from defending and go with this ,theres energy all over the team .

No Tonge no Gunning no Smith No Pope No pugh in centre midfield put him left back .

Utv

Another 45 points is looking a million miles away at the moment. I said a few weeks back that this side will be relegated and and it will happen no doubt.

We can't score goals, because we have nothing in the middle.

Tongue and Pugh together is absolutely awful pairing. Both of them are way to slow, don't move it quick enough and don't get past the half way line to support. Complete waste of a player playing both yesterday.

He's got a huge task on his hands Aspin to keep us up.

Smurf said he will not let us go down! Well he better get his cheque book out and sign some huge quality or its game over.

I cannot see us beating anyone at all.

Where is the next win coming from ?

Another 45 points is looking a million miles away at the moment. I said a few weeks back that this side will be relegated and and it will happen no doubt.

Tongue and Pugh together is absolutely awful pairing. Both of them are way to slow, don't move it quick enough and don't get past the half way line to support. Complete waste of a player playing both yesterday.

Smurf said he will not let us go down! Well he better get his cheque book out and sign some huge quality or its game over.

Totally agree and I'm struggling to pick a side tbh.

I might try;

Roos

Yates Smith Anderson Gunning

Harness Worrall Pugh Denton

Turner Pope

Roos

Gibbons Smith Gunning Denton

Harness Worrall Pugh Whitfield

Barnett Turner

A very attacking side but I feel that our defensive deficiencies aren't going to be solved by playing defensive; we played with 3 at the back and 2 sitting DMs on Saturday and we still looked inept at the back.

Until we can get someone in in January (or even a half-fit Remie before then) I'd aim to get at the opponents at home, lift the crowd, and get 2 goals up before our woeful defence can contrive to throw it away for us.

I hold out hope that Aspin can get us drilled and organised in the coming weeks. Until them, aim to outscore the other team.

We keep losing though! So the system has to change and that doesn’t include pope from the start I’m afraid

The in-Breds down the road play crouch as sub late on he’s saves their skin endless times we can use pope in the same way not saying for one minute he can’t score just needs be in the 6 yard box to do it so when he comes on we change system to suit but we’re starting him and so everything gets worked around him and that’s why we’re where we are in the league.

We went up under MA because we play to his strengths

We will go down this time because we are trying to fit everyone else around pope

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Us loosing has more to do with a static back four and no legs in the middle IMO.

Popes just become the flak taker now which is a shame as I think there are far worse players if we're in the singling out game - which we shouldn't be.

Worell to start in the middle with Pugh. After 60 bring Tonge for Pugh - that should give us some more legs than the starting midfield of yesturday.

Us loosing has more to do with a static back four and no legs in the middle IMO.

Popes just become the flak taker now which is a shame as I think there are far worse players if we're in the singling out game - which we shouldn't be.

Worell to start in the middle with Pugh. After 60 bring Tonge for Pugh - that should give us some more legs than the starting midfield of yesturday.

Seems sensible to me that.

Can't keep playing Kay, Pugh, Gunning, Tonge in the same 11 - madness

Vale desparately need a win to break this win less streak, it's becoming a habit.

I'm behind Aspo/Rudge whatever tactics/players they employ but it goes without saying that we've got to tighten up the defense and find a way of scoring a few more goals. For me 4-4-2 is the ideal formation, I'd go with;

Roos

Gibbons Anderson Smith Gunning

Harness (one of Pugh or Tonge) Worrall Whitfield

Pope Turner

Pugh or Tonge to stay behind the ball at all times.

Saturday :drool:

Vale desparately need a win to break this win less streak, it's becoming a habit.

I'm behind Aspo/Rudge whatever tactics/players they employ but it goes without saying that we've got to tighten up the defense and find a way of scoring a few more goals. For me 4-4-2 is the ideal formation, I'd go with;

Roos

Gibbons Anderson Smith Gunning

Harness (one of Pugh or Tonge) Worrall Whitfield

Pope Turner

Pugh or Tonge to stay behind the ball at all times.

So you want to leave our best player this season Denton out and yet you find places for consistently underperforming players like Pugh or Tonge and Pope?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived