onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Neil Aspin

Robbie Earle's Perm

Advert

Still 1/3 on sky bet

Bell is 7/2

If anyone is thinking of having a bet, don't use Skybet.

Although Aspo is the same price, nearly all the others are better odds on Bet Victor - for instance Jimmy Bell is 6/1 - nearly twice as good.

Skybet are consistently tight with their odds on matches and other things there is always someone better- check it out at Oddschecker.com for all the bookies odds, though on the Vale manager race only these 2 seem to be interested in offering prices.

What's happened to all the talk of Norman just going for the cheap option and deliberately running the club in to the ground? Where's all the demands for an established league manager with experience of getting out of this league? You guys!

It isn't going to happen. I've given up bleating on about it.

My only hope now is out of the cheaper options, Norm picks the most experienced and popular one. Aspin.

Wish it wasn't Aspo as fear the level of anger that was directed at Glover and by some toward..Horton and Foyle...

I have no prob with him as a manager but if we are bottom in Jan then What?!...some will say we shouldn't have gone non league the others will blame Smurf and in the words of every manager(as it's part of their coaching badges)...we go again...in this case its division division division...

I do hope if it's Aspo he succeeds and unites us but just like e.g..Sheringham and Cole.. it is possible to unite despite dislike and that can still lead to success..all parties need to look hard at themselves and decide could they do that?.. if they can't.. divided we fall...big times for the club and fans..

I do not understand this clamor for Neil Aspin as manager, Vale legend as a player but as a manager a total unknown quantity in the English Football League, no track record of anything at this level in football management.

This is probably the most important football appointment in the history of PVFC and surely the club can find someone who has a track record of success in the EFL, a track record of righting an ailing EFL football football club, someone who's been there and done what Vale need right now.

If it is Aspin I wish him all the best but this is a tough task for whoever is appointed.

I do not understand this clamor for Neil Aspin as manager, Vale legend as a player but as a manager a total unknown quantity in the English Football League, no track record of anything at this level in football management.

This is probably the most important football appointment in the history of PVFC and surely the club can find someone who has a track record of success in the EFL, a track record of righting an ailing EFL football football club, someone who's been there and done what Vale need right now.

If it is Aspin I wish him all the best but this is a tough task for whoever is appointed.

Track record in the efl?

Enlighten me. You don't want Aspin. A man with 13 years of non league experience and has developed his career year on year.

By the way, he now manages a team 15 or so places below us.

This is 2017. Not 1995. "Non league" is just a saying.

Aspos Gateshead team would probably beat our lot now.

He's not managing part timers.

So, who do you want?

Wish it wasn't Aspo as fear the level of anger that was directed at Glover and by some toward..Horton and Foyle...

I have no prob with him as a manager but if we are bottom in Jan then What?!...some will say we shouldn't have gone non league the others will blame Smurf and in the words of every manager(as it's part of their coaching badges)...we go again...in this case its division division division...

I do hope if it's Aspo he succeeds and unites us but just like e.g..Sheringham and Cole.. it is possible to unite despite dislike and that can still lead to success..all parties need to look hard at themselves and decide could they do that?.. if they can't.. divided we fall...big times for the club and fans..

Are there any football club supporters in the land that have never slagged off a manager whilst he was in charge?

Sheffield Utd fans wanted Wilder out after ten games in charge!

It happens across the land.

Aspin for me. He's earned his stripes. His record is superb. And it's at a level that isn't exactly, with all due respect, kidsgrove standard!

Like I've said before, his Gateshead team would beat us now probably.

If there are better league managers who want the job, I'm open to it. But who? Let's face it, there are a lot of damaged goods.

Aspin isn't. He can galvanise the club, the supporters and he will stamp his own authority, with 625 games and 12 years managerial experience! This isn't another Lee Sinnott with less than 200 games and nearly all below conference level!

The betting is a Aspin favourite. Then Jimmy Bell. Never managed anywhere! Then Paul Ince. Joke of a manager. And pundit may I add. Then you're into Martin Allen at 16-1! Sacked from the same league Aspo was managing in!

Change is good as long as there is a plan.

Amazing how many Vale fans don't want Aspin but pathetically stated they were 'appy with Bruno and Norman's nonsense that happened for 6 months in 2016.

I believe the announcement could be as early as Monday, although its more likely to be Tuesday.

Aspin manager

Rudge DOF.

I may be wrong but i have been told by 2 very reliable sources tonight.

Sent from my SM-G950F using the onevalefan mobile app

Personally I could’nt see Adams taking the dof job simply because of his business that he is building up, he’s unlikely to knock that on the head for the insecurity of the job at vale.

Multiple promotions, exciting attacking teams that scored over 100 goals a season, excellent win ratio, the ability to discover players.

Out of interest, which manager with a track record of success in the league do you want. People wanted the likes of corterill which was pie in the sky. A manager that has that experience and will come to a team in a league 2 relegation fight will be a manager who has a number of failures and needs to rebuild his reputation. Someone like ince. I do it myself sometimes maybe, but some still envision the club as it was in the second tier.

Archived