onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Happy Clappers are to blame

whotobeakiller

Bilic and Edinburgh are under quite a bit of pressure. Oldham and Bournemouth are expected to struggle so less pressure on Sheridan and Howe, best men for the job really. de Boer has just come in to Palace but signs don't look good so far.

Sheridan will be ok after Oldham beat Vale tomorrow night.If Brown had done an half decent job last season we would have been in Div1 and Oldham where we are.

Advert

It's as though people are purposely ignoring that he has lost far more than 3 games. I'm not saying we should sack him (I think we are damned if we do and damned if we don't now), but let's not pretend he only started as our manager at the start of the season.

Andy, I said last June, when the ridiculous gamble was taken, that if it failed it would take us a minimum of 18 months to come back from.

Look at Notts County. We have mirrored them so far.

I'm more concerned that Michael Brown is getting the brunt of the slack, whilst the cancer that is Norman Smurthwaite is getting off damn lightly.

Until he goes. The club is doomed.

Some warned you all 18 months ago and before. Only a minority listened.

It could get desperate and too late.

I hope we aren't the next Orient or Tranmere. Certainly hope we don't do a Stockport. But fans, supporters club, media, need to start putting pressure on the idiot that owns the club, like they did for a month last season, or end up in the depths of non league football. Maybe not next season, but under his tenure that's where we will eventually end up.

Awful to blame fans who turn up to back the club. If everyone had kept going we would have gates of 12,000 and even Smurf would not be able to plumb the depths of league 2.

It is a fan driven club. No business model exists where we can just rely on an owner to pump in funds. Fewer fans means the numbers are unlikely to add up for any genuine investors.

To blame the fans is harsh. If we all listened to people on here and FB we'd be demanding a new manager every time whoever is in charge goes on a bad run or picks players we don't like. The cycle is never ending and at some point we need to settle down and give some stability and thats what the owner has failed to understand, he thought he knew better and we're paying for it now.

Andy, I said last June, when the ridiculous gamble was taken, that if it failed it would take us a minimum of 18 months to come back from.

Look at Notts County. We have mirrored them so far.

I'm more concerned that Michael Brown is getting the brunt of the slack, whilst the cancer that is Norman Smurthwaite is getting off damn lightly.

Until he goes. The club is doomed.

Some warned you all 18 months ago and before. Only a minority listened.

It could get desperate and too late.

I hope we aren't the next Orient or Tranmere. Certainly hope we don't do a Stockport. But fans, supporters club, media, need to start putting pressure on the idiot that owns the club, like they did for a month last season, or end up in the depths of non league football. Maybe not next season, but under his tenure that's where we will eventually end up.

I think 18 months is a conservative estimate. We were a steady mid table league one side slowly building. That seems a long way off to me.

Never wanted Brown in the first place, we needed the experience to keep us in the division.

Didn't want him to be offered the job full time.

Don't think he's the man for the job but I do think we need to give him 10 games. Any manager worth their salt would be able to rescue the season from that point in as much as keeping us up but anything worse than midtable after 10 games should see a change.

Never wanted Brown in the first place, we needed the experience to keep us in the division.

Didn't want him to be offered the job full time.

Don't think he's the man for the job but I do think we need to give him 10 games. Any manager worth their salt would be able to rescue the season from that point in as much as keeping us up but anything worse than midtable after 10 games should see a change.

That seems to be the general consensus. After the home game with Accrington Stanley on 26 September we'll see where we are. In amongst the top ten and I guess he must have turned things around, struggling amongst the bottom six and I think most would say time for a change, somewhere between 10th and 18th and we can afford to 'see how it goes' from there.

Smurf appointed Robert Page, an inexperienced manager for his first managerial role.

Smurf appointed Bruno Riberio, an inconsistent foreign manager for his first English managerial role despite a mediocre record abroad.

Smurf appointed Michael Brown, an inexperienced manager for his first managerial role.

Smurf made enquiries about Stephen Constantine who has never managed in England and has mostly managed foreign clubs.

Smurf turned down an experienced (well compared to the above!) manager in Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink.

So we sack Brown, and then what? Does anyone believe that Smurf would break the habit of a lifetime and get an experienced manager in? Maybe Tony Fradley may push for one as he will have seen the Mickey Adams effect on the club.

But for those who think we would go for someone like the Lincoln managers are kidding themselves and, as Spunkers rightly says, taking our eye off the real problem.

Agree Twitters, & despite not being confident with Brown in charge, I don't see the point in sacking him right now. There's fans criticizing/borderline insulting others for wanting to give him time, yet are any of these (& the rest of the fans thinking we should sack Brown) confident that we would get someone decent in?

It's all good answering the question 'who would you get in' & throwing names around, but more importantly, who would Smurf pay for (especially after paying Brown off)?

Look at that list of managers under Smurf. If Brown's track record is so bad & people think he won't be able to turn it around, what makes them think Smurf can suddenly?

Mate half the reason that owners like Smurf keep appointing toss managers is because they know at the Vale there's always the gullible souls there willing to back anything related to PvFC with total loyalty same with v2001. All the hype of fan protests and everything else disappears very quickly. This isn't a Smurf situation this is a club issue. Hence the debacles with Gannon, Glover, Foyle, Sinnott prior to Smurf getting involved. He's seen fans are clowns and will back anything so he can get away with it.

If Smurf thought he was going to seriously get hit in the pocket by fans he would have appointed a decent manager however the gullible few will accept and back a monkey in a tracksuit on the sidelines and Smurf knows he will get away with it so does it. Even now 21st in league there's still ********* arguing he deserves more time. It's this reason and this reason alone that smurf thinks he can get away with putting easily manipulated plebs in charge of the team.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

EXCELLENT POST and to those who disagree the truth hurts you ***********

Smurf appointed Robert Page, an inexperienced manager for his first managerial role.

Smurf appointed Bruno Riberio, an inconsistent foreign manager for his first English managerial role despite a mediocre record abroad.

Smurf appointed Michael Brown, an inexperienced manager for his first managerial role.

Smurf made enquiries about Stephen Constantine who has never managed in England and has mostly managed foreign clubs.

Smurf turned down an experienced (well compared to the above!) manager in Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink.

So we sack Brown, and then what? Does anyone believe that Smurf would break the habit of a lifetime and get an experienced manager in? Maybe Tony Fradley may push for one as he will have seen the Mickey Adams effect on the club.

But for those who think we would go for someone like the Lincoln managers are kidding themselves and, as Spunkers rightly says, taking our eye off the real problem.

Smurf is carrying on a trend which has been at Port Vale for a decade because fans meekly accept it.

Foyle, Glover, Sinnott, Grew etc were all low cost managers brought in prior to Smurf, its no different.

Smurf is carrying on a trend which has been at Port Vale for a decade because fans meekly accept it.

Foyle, Glover, Sinnott, Grew etc were all low cost managers brought in prior to Smurf, its no different.

May be the fact that fans want their football on the cheap has something to do with it.

That seems to be the general consensus. After the home game with Accrington Stanley on 26 September we'll see where we are. In amongst the top ten and I guess he must have turned things around, struggling amongst the bottom six and I think most would say time for a change, somewhere between 10th and 18th and we can afford to 'see how it goes' from there.

I fully agree with that don't think brown could complain either tbh

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived