onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Support our young players

WalterJ

Advert

I'll get behind the young players but I haven't seen anything yet to justify the level of excitement you seem to be getting yourself into.

I've only seen a couple of preseason friendlies and the games that they performed in last season but I'd go along with that. Early yet but I just hope that we don't have to rely too heavily on them and enable them to develop when we need to rather than have to.

Really good to see the quality of our young players against West Brom! All of them showed up well but especially Turner and Reeves. Good first half display by Harness too. De Freitas looking good too, What with Pope's late goal it was a good performance. Only downside is Yates not good enough for this side. Let's give all of our 7 young players great support this year, Mike Ede has done a great job, they have quality and a will to win!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Well said Walter think it's great we have so many lads in the squad who are either local or have come through the academy.

Disagree with you about Yates think he's a good squad player being able to play either RB or LB at this level. Remember he hardly played even reserve games over the last 12 months due to injury so he will be a very rusty in his play.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Well said Walter think it's great we have so many lads in the squad who are either local or have come through the academy.

Disagree with you about Yates think he's a good squad player being able to play either RB or LB at this level. Remember he hardly played even reserve games over the last 12 months due to injury so he will be a very rusty in his play.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Yates cannot play left back. He's a poor right back for goodness sake. At this level "squad players" as you define him, should be young hungry players looking to make their way in the game. Not journeymen professionals.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

Yates cannot play left back. He's a poor right back for goodness sake. At this level "squad players" as you define him, should be young hungry players looking to make their way in the game. Not journeymen professionals.

Yates is hardly a journeyman, how long has he been with us now? To me it makes no difference if we did have some older players in the squad as back up as long as the balance of the squad I right and we have some youth coming through too.

Really good to see the quality of our young players against West Brom! All of them showed up well but especially Turner and Reeves. Good first half display by Harness too. De Freitas looking good too, What with Pope's late goal it was a good performance. Only downside is Yates not good enough for this side. Let's give all of our 7 young players great support this year, Mike Ede has done a great job, they have quality and a will to win!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

How about giving all the players some support, including Adam Yates? Your comment about him is idiotic.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

So the seasons not even started and you have already decided that Yates is the player that you will be slagging off this season .

Sent from my LG-H340n using the onevalefan mobile app

Sad about Yates, seems to be getting it from everywhere at the moment for making a mistake whilst on the comeback trail from a career-threatening injury. So disappointing to see the comments.

He'll be a fine backup in L2, which is what we have him down as.

So the seasons not even started and you have already decided that Yates is the player that you will be slagging off this season .

Sent from my LG-H340n using the onevalefan mobile app

He literally never mentioned that. Yates imo is a poor right back never mind left back, however he will be ok as back up in this league, more so being a help in the dressing room. Nowhere did he say he will be slagging him off. In my opinion he ain't great at all but that certainly dosent mean he will be getting abuse, surely that depends entirely on his level of performance and the level of performance of the rest of the players.

Archived