onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Support our young players

WalterJ

Really good to see the quality of our young players against West Brom! All of them showed up well but especially Turner and Reeves. Good first half display by Harness too. De Freitas looking good too, What with Pope's late goal it was a good performance. Only downside is Yates not good enough for this side. Let's give all of our 7 young players great support this year, Mike Ede has done a great job, they have quality and a will to win!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

Really good to see the quality of our young players against West Brom! All of them showed up well but especially Turner and Reeves. Good first half display by Harness too. De Freitas looking good too, What with Pope's late goal it was a good performance. Only downside is Yates not good enough for this side. Let's give all of our 7 young players great support this year, Mike Ede has done a great job, they have quality and a will to win!

Thing is, despite yates not being good enough, unfit and playing out of position he was still able to supply the assist for the winning goal late in the game.

True, not sure he was unfit though, just not good enough, he made other mistakes as well as pass back.

Why the negativity all the time judge the players 6-8 weeks in not now let's encourage the players we have going into the season ahead get behind the lads as you said earlier in your post also after all these years watching football Walter name me a footballer who has never made a mistake in a game , let me inform you every player every game will make a mistake of some sort get over it and move on

I'll be at Crawley Saturday encouraging all of the lads Yates aswell

Why the negativity all the time judge the players 6-8 weeks in not now let's encourage the players we have going into the season ahead get behind the lads as you said earlier in your post also after all these years watching football Walter name me a footballer who has never made a mistake in a game , let me inform you every player every game will make a mistake of some sort get over it and move on

I'll be at Crawley Saturday encouraging all of the lads Yates aswell

I thought my post was very positive and we all have a view. Yates been a good servant and still could be in some capacity but not a player who is going to help us out of this division I am afraid. In terms of 6/8 weeks never agree with that, you have to be ready to win matches as from this Saturday!

I thought my post was very positive and we all have a view. Yates been a good servant and still could be in some capacity but not a player who is going to help us out of this division I am afraid. In terms of 6/8 weeks never agree with that, you have to be ready to win matches as from this Saturday!

Totally agree it is from this Saturday and unless you have a crystal ball or superior knowledge to the rest of us then until we play a competitive game I.e Crawley not until then will we have any sort of idea about whether we have prepared well enough

By the way Walter nothing personal mate just my point of view

Totally agree it is from this Saturday and unless you have a crystal ball or superior knowledge to the rest of us then until we play a competitive game I.e Crawley not until then will we have any sort of idea about whether we have prepared well enough

By the way Walter nothing personal mate just my point of view

Who knows how we will do but am exited about this batch of our young players, hasn't happened for years!

You missed Calverley then then:wink:

Who knows how we will do but am exited about this batch of our young players, hasn't happened for years!

I'll get behind the young players but I haven't seen anything yet to justify the level of excitement you seem to be getting yourself into.

Just shows how footbal is a game of opinions. For me I thought that last night the best of the younger players were Turner, Gibbons and Calverley. Reeves wasn't quite as good as those but obviously he's still a talent. Things are looking good at the moment with them and obviously Nathan Smith and hopefully Boote too. I suppose Davis falls into that category as well seeing as he was here as a lad before moving away. My prediction is that behind Smith we have Turner and Gibbons that are the 2 that are at the forefront of that batch.

But yes I agree with the overall sentiment that this crop of players coming through is very promising. Personally I think our fans are too quick to turn on players and it saeems that some are also quick to pour cold water on these lads because of their age and because they aren't seen to be coming in and ripping up trees straight away, by scoring worldies and beating players left right and centre. But as you watch games, instead of just following the ball, take some time to focus on what the players are doing off the ball as well and you'll see that (IMO) they don't look out of place, or look over awed. You can see their confidence on the pitch with the older players in their talking, organising and them wanting the ball too. I thought they all showed that they can come in and do us a job. Of course they are all learning their trade in terms of decision making and we will see some errors, but I think every player is still learning until the day they retire. Christ we've seen some experienced players down here who have looked more out of place than some of our youngsters, look at Paterson and Taylor last season for example, at least our homegrown players have the desire and hunger to play for the shirt.

Also lets not forget the whole coaching system at Vale, and not just their 2 years in the youth set up with Mick Ede, some of those lads have been with us for ten years being developed by different coaches.

Archived