onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Support our young players

WalterJ

I do wish people on here had a sense of humour, it was supposed to be funny as addressed to Santa!

With all due respect, Walter, I would have been happy to accept that your remark was a joke if you hadn't been in the habit of dissing folk on here who offer an different opinion to your own. It's a free country, mate. We aren't obliged to agree all the time.

Advert

Sad about Yates, seems to be getting it from everywhere at the moment for making a mistake whilst on the comeback trail from a career-threatening injury. So disappointing to see the comments.

He'll be a fine backup in L2, which is what we have him down as.

the footballer who never makes mistakes hasn't been born yet.

With all due respect, Walter, I would have been happy to accept that your remark was a joke if you hadn't been in the habit of dissing folk on here who offer an different opinion to your own. It's a free country, mate. We aren't obliged to agree all the time.

I only have a go at folk who's only regular contribution is to smash the club into the ground. Like many Smurth gets on my nerves but the Club is bigger than him. When i was younger i was more than critical about some of the managers we had and the club has been in worse states than now. There are a lot of very genuine great supporters on here though and i pay tribute to them. Football is about opinion and i don't feel any more opinionated than any other fan.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

He literally never mentioned that. Yates imo is a poor right back never mind left back, however he will be ok as back up in this league, more so being a help in the dressing room. Nowhere did he say he will be slagging him off. In my opinion he ain't great at all but that certainly dosent mean he will be getting abuse, surely that depends entirely on his level of performance and the level of performance of the rest of the players.

I don't slag off players at matches, surely did when I was younger and didn't know anybody who didn't. Think the last player I had a go at was Marcus Bent when we played at Crewe he was giving 0% on the day. If Yates plays then he has my support but as said hope we can do a lot better, no use having Wilson on one side of the pitch and Yates on the other. Really i probably only slag refs off nowadays but even that is out of habit!

Yates is Vale through and through and has been an excellent servant through some of the toughest times a professional footballer can go through. Admin, not getting paid, relegation (twice) long term injuries but he still loves Vale and gives 100% and in my opinion a 100% fit Yates is certainly good enough for league 2.

I understand some people must have a scapegoat, even Constantine got it when he was scoring 20 goals by Christmas.

Yates is Vale through and through and has been an excellent servant through some of the toughest times a professional footballer can go through. Admin, not getting paid, relegation (twice) long term injuries but he still loves Vale and gives 100% and in my opinion a 100% fit Yates is certainly good enough for league 2.

I understand some people must have a scapegoat, even Constantine got it when he was scoring 20 goals by Christmas.

I liked Constantine! Not a matter of scapegoats win or lose we are one team. Just when you start a season you need the best players you can have in each position. As said not unhappy with Yates having some kind of role at Vale Park.

Let me make myself clear. The majority of posts seem to accept that Yates will only be a back up player. He is in his mid 30's. He has missed a whole year through a seruous injury. Do you really think he is going to improve as a player ? So if he isn't being realistically looked at as a regular starter and we as a club are so starved of cash, wouldn't that valuable place be better given to someone who may have a chance of being a future Vale player ? I have no personal axe to grind against him, but his future contribution to the club is limited due to the reasons listed above.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

Let me make myself clear. The majority of posts seem to accept that Yates will only be a back up player. He is in his mid 30's. He has missed a whole year through a seruous injury. Do you really think he is going to improve as a player ? So if he isn't being realistically looked at as a regular starter and we as a club are so starved of cash, wouldn't that valuable place be better given to someone who may have a chance of being a future Vale player ? I have no personal axe to grind against him, but his future contribution to the club is limited due to the reasons listed above.

Yates has been one of the lowest paid professionals at the club for a couple of seasons. He is committed to the club and will never give less than 100% when he pulls on a Vale shirt. His attitude is exemplary and he is a good role model for the young pros. I see no reason why he doesn't deserve a place in the squad.

...I see no reason why he doesn't deserve a place in the squad.

How about he's poor at defending?! :laugh: (in all seriousness, he backs off far too much and allows far too many crosses to come in from his side, and is a weak link for opposing teams to target.....IMO)

I also suspect (in fact, think I've heard him say as much) that it suits him to be employed at a club a few miles/minutes from his home, and not have to relocate to a club where he may have more chance of regular games. That's completely fair enough and understandable.

I do get that he's probably a good influence and presence in the dressing room, and someone for the younger players to look up to as an example of a good professional.

How about he's poor at defending?! :laugh: (in all seriousness, he backs off far too much and allows far too many crosses to come in from his side, and is a weak link for opposing teams to target.....IMO)

I also suspect (in fact, think I've heard him say as much) that it suits him to be employed at a club a few miles/minutes from his home, and not have to relocate to a club where he may have more chance of regular games. That's completely fair enough and understandable.

I do get that he's probably a good influence and presence in the dressing room, and someone for the younger players to look up to as an example of a good professional.

All I will say is that he was in our promotion winning team but not in the one that got relegated. Perhaps he's a lucky charm!

Archived