onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What the BBC pays its 'stars'

JOHNNYAITCH

blah blah Someone who is sitting around potentially watching it all day pays less than someone out working all day blah blah QUOTE]

That is so hilarious from someone who spends about 22 hours a day logged on here. More than 15,000 posts - bet your employer / former employers don't realise what a hard-working shining gem of integrity they have in their midst. Hypocrite.

Advert

I am really glad that you and people like you are subsidising the quality programmes made by the BBC, not all of them, but they are hundreds of times better than the trash you actually choose to pay for :laugh: with Sky. Keep paying up, and learn to love it.

try watching Al jazeera now and again, or russia today instead of the anti brexit, pc, propoganda churned out daily by the bbc.

You might learn, but probably not, not with your blinkered eyesight.

oh dear, please dont take offence cos you really are shortsighted, Im so sorry to have offended you.

try watching Al jazeera now and again, or russia today instead of the anti brexit, pc, propoganda churned out daily by the bbc.

You might learn, but probably not, not with your blinkered eyesight.

oh dear, please dont take offence cos you really are shortsighted, Im so sorry to have offended you.

What a sad post from an even sadder person, who I'd be surprised if he / she had ever seen Russia Today or Al Jazeera judging from the past extremist bigot posts it has made. You don't offend me - you pay your licence fee like a good little pleb.

'I watch sky' - hilarious - its like someone wearing a badge saying 'I go fly tipping and eat at KFC every day'

Im not sure how useful the information is without a comparative list from the other broadcasters.

Its hardly going to endear the BBC to the many on minimum wage but if its the "going rate" what would we expect.

Its almost like a propaganda strategy to justify reduced funding.

That doesnt mean I think any of them are worth what they get

the reason is simple. the bbc are given their funding foc from license payers like me, they dont earn it like the others do.

I hardly ever watch the rubbish and very much object at having to buy a license. i watch sky, and willingly pay for it cos I choose to.

Thats why

So it's not really about what they get paid (at the end of the day, they don't pay more than other channels and sometimes lose out due to this). It's just an excuse to moan because people don't want to pay the license fee.

People having a good moan about the BBC wages (while also ignoring the wages of those in similar jobs for other channels...I wonder why)

It hasn't been ignored..someone posted about Ant & Dec's earnings at ITV for example and there has been much coverage in the wider media

The reason people are not so interested in other organisation is I think quite simple.... they earn money for the other channels which are commercial organisations and so are paid according to what they bring in based on cold, hard commercial decisions..hence Ant & Dec get so much for example. I for one don't have an issue with ITV , SKY etc paying according to what someone brings into their organisation.

The licence fee is tremendous value for money as far as I am concerned and the BBC puts out a lot of quality programming

and ignoring the bigger issue that is the pay gap between genders. And if this is what happens at the 'lefty' BBC, then its also happening elsewhere.

A pay gap itself isn't the issue, the reasons for it are. We don't know the reasons but it doesn't look good on the surface.

Post 15,482....I'm slipping in my posts per day average..must bump it up

Not really interested to be honest.

I'm happy with what I pay for the licence fee, I think I get value for it.

This is just the usual far right Daily Heil BBC bashing isn't it?

You've obviously not seen the front page of the Daily Mirror?

When I was young there were two tv channels, BBC 1 and ITV. That rose to three in 1964 when BBC2 arrived. Moreover these channels had no day time broadcasts except test match cricket on BBC1 in the summer. They started to broadcast after school, so to speak.

This vast array of choice today is fantastic and the BBC in my view has a lot of excellent aspects including radio as well. It is all change I guess as the Internet opens up ever wider choice that traditional platforms have to respond to or embrace themselves.

On pay the BBC has some excellent talent and generally pays fairly for it. I feel there could be more higher earning women but the split of high earners at 2/3 men, 1/3 women is within the bounds of reasonableness. I often feel that feminists view women who prioritise family and children and the associated social life above work as being discriminated against when they are not. They have just made that choice and this distorts the inter sex stats.

Of course it is difficult to split this out from genuinely concerning discrimination. It is also obvious that if a women chooses or gets into a single parent situation they are taking on a great deal of pressure in their mandalas / life worlds. It is difficult to max success, however that is measured, in both. There are masses of women round the UK working in satisficing jobs through choice or need.

I suppose its interesting to compare their salaries against Premier league footballers. A salary of 10k per week as obscene as that sounds equates to 520k per year. I bet there aren't many Premier league footballers on as little as 10k per week and for what 90mins work per week.

If you are on 10k per week as a Premier league footballer then suggest you aren't even anywhere near the first team.

There is a fairly simple resolution to this. Remembering that stars are paid (and demand) a fee in relation to their popularity, just don't watch them. if enough people do that, then their salary will reflect their reduced attraction. In reality, people watch these shows attracted by the personalities and the BBC have to pay to get what they see as the best.

I'm pretty sure that the same people moaning about the high salaries would also be moaning about the lack of quality in the programming if the higher paid stars left for a big money sky deal.

There is a fairly simple resolution to this. Remembering that stars are paid (and demand) a fee in relation to their popularity, just don't watch them. if enough people do that, then their salary will reflect their reduced attraction.

But that's sort of the point....the ratings probably won't plummet given enough time to get it right and the BBC is not supposed to be ratings driven anyway. Ironically one show where ratings did plummet (Top Gear) was presented by the highest paid presenter

In reality, people watch these shows attracted by the personalities and the BBC have to pay to get what they see as the best.

Why? If they s0d off to Sky or ITV or BT (assuming they want them) will the BBC seriously not be able to replace them? Could they really not get someone to present MoTD for an awful lot less who could do just as good a job and be just as popular..not that the BBC is supposed to be driven by that

I'm pretty sure that the same people moaning about the high salaries would also be moaning about the lack of quality in the programming if the higher paid stars left for a big money sky deal.

In my case I think most are replaceable without a drop in the quality of the programme..I mean Matt Baker and Alex Jones around a million between them for The One Show and one or two other programmes? Seriously, no one else could do that as well, be as popular for a lot less?

Archived