onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What the BBC pays its 'stars'

JOHNNYAITCH

Advert

I don't care how much the BBC pay their staff, the same way I don't care how much ITV/Sky pay their staff.

What I do care about is that I'm legally forced to pay towards these salaries against my will and could end up in jail if I don't.

I can't even remember the last time I watched the BBC so feel a bit aggrieved I have to pay for it!

Taxation elements taken at source from wages will be the fairest way of ensuring that everybody gets 'Value for money'. Many poorer people will not get any benefit from watching episodes of Jermey Kyle every day whilst people whom are prominent in Business will use TV to promote their business further...these are the people whom should pay more towards the licence...people who directly benefit

So you want people to pay different amounts according to what they get from the BBC? Someone who is sitting around potentially watching it all day pays less than someone out working all day just cos the latter might somehow be getting some benefit from it??

The equal system of chasing people without TV's is unjustified and relentless bullying that amounts to nothing more than a dictatorship and making people pay money they can ill afford.

If they haven't got a TV or don't watch the BBC they won't be asked to pay. What next don't charge someone less for an item cos they have a lower income than someone else?

I'm not sure I agree with the TV licence as the means to fund the BBC but if it's going to exist then I reckon all but the elderly, some disabled/sick etc should pay..and pay the same.

Many people do not watch live TV anymore the system is outdated and there needs to be radical change

You mean they watch catch up only? Don't watch the BBC iPlayer and you don';t pay http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/tv-licence

A taxable tier system will suffice....make people pay for their own positions just like Security officers have to pay for their own Licences...difference being Security officers are on low pay

I'm not sure what you mean here

Alex Jones on the one show 450k for 3 nights work and for making at least one gaff every show.

Jeremy Vine 750k plus his egg heads salary, totally out of context as to the amount of work required, shows how the left wing BBC are good at spending other peoples money and handsomely as well.

As for ITV and Sky I couldn't care less what their staff are paid, they generate there own income.

Jeremy Vine 750k plus his egg heads salary, totally out of context as to the amount of work required,

Not bothered about the amount of work really (he can spend most of his day posting on OVF as long as he does a great job when he is doing BBC stuff) and they could pay someone like Rowan Atkinson £10M per year to make 6 episodes of Blackadder and he'd be worth it as far as I am concerned. More about could they get some else in to do the job as well and successfully for a lot less and in most cases I'd say yes they could...these aren't the creative talent in the main.

Gary Lineker, second highest - FOR WHAT ? - He is an Amateur puny pundit - I've seen better in the Railway Stand, & Bycars & Lorne Street, & Hamil End when we were allowed to use it !
Used to be paid more before he started to work for BT Sport as well, plus a few crisp notes from Walkers. I blame the agents.

People having a good moan about the BBC wages (while also ignoring the wages of those in similar jobs for other channels...I wonder why) and ignoring the bigger issue that is the pay gap between genders. And if this is what happens at the 'lefty' BBC, then its also happening elsewhere.

People having a good moan about the BBC wages (while also ignoring the wages of those in similar jobs for other channels...I wonder why) and ignoring the bigger issue that is the pay gap between genders. And if this is what happens at the 'lefty' BBC, then its also happening elsewhere.

the reason is simple. the bbc are given their funding foc from license payers like me, they dont earn it like the others do.

I hardly ever watch the rubbish and very much object at having to buy a license. i watch sky, and willingly pay for it cos I choose to.

Thats why

the reason is simple. the bbc are given their funding foc from license payers like me, they dont earn it like the others do.

I hardly ever watch the rubbish and very much object at having to buy a license. i watch sky, and willingly pay for it cos I choose to.

Thats why

I am really glad that you and people like you are subsidising the quality programmes made by the BBC, not all of them, but they are hundreds of times better than the trash you actually choose to pay for :laugh: with Sky. Keep paying up, and learn to love it.

Archived