onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Synectics

Hagrid

Would you welcome Synectics buying the club?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Would you welcome Synectics buying the club?

• Yes
    • No

Because unless smurf allows someone to buy 51% then he will have the final say. It's what v2001 always wanted, give us your money and let us spend it.

Surely if they were buying 50% or less the they would not be "buying" the Club, they would just be going into partnership with Smurf. V2001 were hiding behind the fact that it was a "Fan" run club and most of the people who put money in initially thought they were decent and honest.

Advert

In principle yes, who would not want a successful high tech local company who are doing well in the modern business world? However that is a qualified yes, depending on their business plan, level of capital investment and cash made available for cash flow. I would apply the same criteria for any potential buyer. Synectics certainly start with an advantage in my book though.

People always go on about how poor the marketing and email communication is at the club.

Well, the people next door develop CRM databases for fun . Get them in and let's drag the club into the 21st century. Right now I don't see us having very much to lose by not trying.

I'd be quite happy for the club to be dragged into the 20th Century standard of Communications. To be honest most of the news that has filtered out of the club in the last 40 years has been well below standard. There ability to grasp the fundamentals that emails cost nowt has always worried me. The only reliable source of news coming out that I can remember was when tellwright was in the club shop and run the coaches. There was always a trickle of news - Not the greatest lines of communications but is was a fan passing info to other fans.

I would love it for them to take over. Although they have never officially been named it has been common knowledge that they are the local company who have made a bid to buy the club. I would also hope that it would be for the club in it's entirety as surely Smurthwaite would not try to have them over a barrel after firstly saying that when he leaves he would leave us in a better position than when he bought us and also stated many times that if last season's experiment went wrong he would personally finance it.

I would love it for them to take over. Although they have never officially been named it has been common knowledge that they are the local company who have made a bid to buy the club. I would also hope that it would be for the club in it's entirety as surely Smurthwaite would not try to have them over a barrel after firstly saying that when he leaves he would leave us in a better position than when he bought us and also stated many times that if last season's experiment went wrong he would personally finance it.

And the moon is made of green cheese

In short, yes. I read through their website today and it's clear they are not only a successful company but base their business model on a clear set of values. They come across as a very professional team of people and they have the advantage of being local and are committed to the Vale. I would definitely give them a chance provided they could demonstrate the financial capacity required to run the club.

It's a yes from me.

We need someone in charge who are able to run the club like a proper business such as synectics, someone who has a clear defined strategy, and most importantly the ambition and drive to take the club forward, rather than running it like billy smarts circus which we have seen only too well under the tenured of both v2001 and Smurf.

I would rather someone like Synectics build proper foundations for the club and for it to take 4 years to get promoted again, in comparison to tying run before we can walk.

At the end of the day a lot of damage has been done over recent years and it's not going to be a quick fix so, being able to run the club as it should be run will hopefully secure the future of the club for years to come even if it means that progress on the field is slow.

As for the hedge fund companies I wouldn't be comfortable with them being the owners.

Archived