onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale deadline day discussion

robf

Advert

Financially we have had a good window, however remains to be seen whether it has on the playing front. I thought we needed an experienced keeper, to sign someone with no first team experience is a massive risk. I felt we needed someone who could cover at right back and centre back and we brought no one in, Purkiss has been really poor since coming back into the team and Knopps is not up to it when brought into the middle.

Grant had to go for that price but again is there a natural replacement, for me I am not sure, the lad from QPR looks to be more of an attacking midfielder and no one in the present squad can protect the back 4 like he can when on form.

We have 4 strikers but again for me we still have no one that is decent in the air, Reg despite being a big man is not good in the air and for me would have like a target man up there.

It is going to be a tough few months, still think we will have enough just.

Brilliant window for Smurf

Money in and Wages lowered massively

Will it work. ? Who knows but massive gamble

We have lost player of the season and a player that will be difficult to replace with the players remaining

Two players gone and with them their defensive experience. We now have two untried keepers and probably have to change our system

Still have two young center backs learning their game and their strength in front and behind has gone.

Very weak at full back on both sides

Not sure we will have enough in the team to keep clean sheets

On the positive. We have signed forward thinking players that could create chances and hopefully score the goals we will need. Hope so.

Agree with not keeping Grant if he wants away and the money sounds a great deal for us.

Maybe Smurf needed to invest this money to try and secure our div 1 status this year.

If we fail we will lose much more next season

Peter Morse ‏@ThePeterMorse 1m

1 minute ago

So in summary, #CreweAlex's busiest ever #DeadlineDay :

IN: Margetts

IN: Cooke.

IN: £800,000.

OUT: Davis.

Arrogant twonks

Not sure they can be arrogant at the moment. They have taken a huge gamble with heir league status in appointing artell as manager. He was doing an admin job at the club, not coaching. crewe won't appoint externally as they don't want someone not playing players from their academy. There only saving grace is that there are some awful teams at the bottom of that league.

Nice to see the famous 'sweetie jar' come out and I hope that we don't all end up sucking acid drops.

I'm sick and tired of my club being run by an amateur and like many more will be accessing whether to renew my Season Ticket. I love the Vale but I wont let the owner keep taking my brass and what for???

No disrespect here to Brownie and I hope that the signings work for him but we must all remember that his hands are tied by a man who keeps pumping in huge amounts of his money:laugh:

I posted on here about a month ago that Grant was going to Peterboro. If I knew, surely Vale knew. The signing of Danny Pugh (Browny's old mate)leads me to the conclusion that we hadn't spent the past month planning for Grant's departure, instead bringing in a favour from an old mate at the 11th hour.

I also understand that Grant and Alnwick have the same agent. The way Vale dealt with the negotiations of Alnwick left a sour taste in the mouth, making the agent even more determined to push through the Grant deal. Why can't we build relationships in the football world, rather than isolate ourselves and end up in a situation where nobody (except foreign agents and Browny's mates) wants to deal with us?

I posted on here about a month ago that Grant was going to Peterboro. If I knew, surely Vale knew. The signing of Danny Pugh (Browny's old mate)leads me to the conclusion that we hadn't spent the past month planning for Grant's departure, instead bringing in a favour from an old mate at the 11th hour.

I also understand that Grant and Alnwick have the same agent. The way Vale dealt with the negotiations of Alnwick left a sour taste in the mouth, making the agent even more determined to push through the Grant deal. Why can't we build relationships in the football world, rather than isolate ourselves and end up in a situation where nobody (except foreign agents and Browny's mates) wants to deal with us?

Are you seriously saying it's vales fault that Alnwick grant and their agent are money grabbing bar stewards

There's a lot of assumption in that lot passed off as fact- bad lad

Archived