onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale deadline day discussion

robf

Advert

In answer to Biddulph PC's question, I don't know how good or bad the Celtic goalkeeper will be. But I am prepared to give him a chance. Boot is a promising goalkeeper but needs competition. The next few days training will determine who starts on Saturday. Similarly, I knew nothing of . Guy from Derbyshire but was mightily impressed by his home debut for us.

Not usually negative with signings but these seem really poor. What's the point in signing Pugh? Rather see amaros given a go over him. The young lad may be decent but he's not played yet and with how we're doing we needed some experience in there. Again may as well have stuck with boot rather than signing him. Pointless.

O.k. yes not what we wanted but, having witnessed the improvement on satdee lets give these players a go. Look at the whole transfer window. We wanted goals, we now have more attacking options. We wanted a replacement for granty (weither hd stayed or not) we have guy, de freitas, new guy from QPR, amaros,all in my opinion better players than granty. We needed a new keeper, we now have one admittedly not a patch on Jak but whoever we signed wouldnt of been good enough!!. This squad is better now than it was 4 weeks ago so lets stop with the negativity and support Browny and the boys thats how we roll...

O.k. yes not what we wanted but, having witnessed the improvement on satdee lets give these players a go. Look at the whole transfer window. We wanted goals, we now have more attacking options. We wanted a replacement for granty (weither hd stayed or not) we have guy, de freitas, new guy from QPR, amaros,all in my opinion better players than granty. We needed a new keeper, we now have one admittedly not a patch on Jak but whoever we signed wouldnt of been good enough!!. This squad is better now than it was 4 weeks ago so lets stop with the negativity and support Browny and the boys thats how we roll...

In grants position none of those you mention are close to him.

Financially we have had a good window, however remains to be seen whether it has on the playing front. I thought we needed an experienced keeper, to sign someone with no first team experience is a massive risk. I felt we needed someone who could cover at right back and centre back and we brought no one in, Purkiss has been really poor since coming back into the team and Knopps is not up to it when brought into the middle.

Grant had to go for that price but again is there a natural replacement, for me I am not sure, the lad from QPR looks to be more of an attacking midfielder and no one in the present squad can protect the back 4 like he can when on form.

We have 4 strikers but again for me we still have no one that is decent in the air, Reg despite being a big man is not good in the air and for me would have like a target man up there.

It is going to be a tough few months, still think we will have enough just.

Agree with almost every word.

Clearly these lads, welcome as they are, came in very late at the 11th hour as we were getting desperate.

In the final third we look better than a few weeks ago but without Alnwick & Grant we look worse from a defensive angle and if anything happens to Streete or Smith ....

It is a gamble.

Financially we have had a good window, however remains to be seen whether it has on the playing front. I thought we needed an experienced keeper, to sign someone with no first team experience is a massive risk. I felt we needed someone who could cover at right back and centre back and we brought no one in, Purkiss has been really poor since coming back into the team and Knopps is not up to it when brought into the middle.

Grant had to go for that price but again is there a natural replacement, for me I am not sure, the lad from QPR looks to be more of an attacking midfielder and no one in the present squad can protect the back 4 like he can when on form.

We have 4 strikers but again for me we still have no one that is decent in the air, Reg despite being a big man is not good in the air and for me would have like a target man up there.

It is going to be a tough few months, still think we will have enough just.

To me it seems we've made similar mistakes as to the last transfer window. Over signing in one position and leaving some areas bare and completely lacking experience. Slightly worried after today but as you say should be ok.

In grants position none of those you mention are close to him.

Your kiddin me. Slowed the game down too much in my opinion and was always prown to give the ball away in a dangerous position. Dont get me wrong good player but in my opinion we have enough in the middle of the park to move forward. I was hoping for an experienced center half though..

Archived