onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mac-Intosch leaves club by mutual consent

valeparklife

Yeah think we need an experienced centre half now... a typical ugly big hairy lower league one to add some experience which could really see Streete/Smith develop further.

Don't care whether he's big and/or ugly, but the type you describe ain't gonna be quick and that's what we also need! Too often in the past we have been too easily sliced open at the back by speedy, slippy quick opposition forwards.

Advert

Why do fans on here always ask for a "big, strong center half who can pass and is quick". If such a thing exists he isn't playing in league one! If he is he is a youngster like a Remme Street type. Pace is generally with youth and big and strong tend to be the older pro like a Purse or McCombe.

Personally don't think pereira and Tavares should go. Pereira has potential and Tavares has look good in some games. Personally I'd like to see them under brown, see if they're any different. Shalaj possibly as well as I think in his little cameos he's been ok. Mbamba is awful though.

Personally don't think pereira and Tavares should go. Pereira has potential and Tavares has look good in some games. Personally I'd like to see them under brown, see if they're any different. Shalaj possibly as well as I think in his little cameos he's been ok. Mbamba is awful though.

Tend to agree with you, although I'm more the opposite with the two wingers. The brief glimpses of Shalaj for me have not been good at all and it would not surprise me if he were the next to leave.

Mbamba hasn't been that much better although he seems to have come back into the fold under Brown - being on the bench and coming on - so maybe he rates him? When he came on against Oldham he actually improved the game by giving us a wider outlet - although that game couldn't have gotten much worse in truth.

It's a shame because I think we really are missing two quick wingers. This could be rectified if we sign the lad from Macc and if young Andoh is still in the picture at all.

We have Kelly who can play wide and hasn't been anywhere near as bad as some people make out. Off the ball I agree he is a liability but he can carry the ball and run with it which we are severely lacking in this squad. Therefore, personally, I think he'd be better suited to the number 10 role rather than a winger - as his game would not rely on much defensive cover.

Thomas and [potentially] Eagles have been quality wingers and can still do a good job technically at this level, but obviously they don't have the pace that we lack in wide areas anymore.

So two quick wingers - and possibly a centre half - would be priority for me. Good luck to Calvin, though. Sad to see it not work out, for any of these foreign lads.

I would hold off on bringing anyone in defence until the last few days of the window. We have cover for every position at the moment and we're trying to reduce the number of bodies at the moment, not increase it. Nobody we brought in would start, so it's a waste of wages currently. It must be a nightmare for Brown to manage this size of squad.

We've just go to trust Brown's judgment haven't we? As a midfield player himself he must have a shrewd idea of the strengths and weaknesses of the likes of Tavares and Pereira and the rest so I'm happy to go along with what he thinks.

It might be just the case that a number of them aren't fit enough and that's why a lot of them haven't been able to get up and down the pitch for 90 minutes and support the striker. Tavares for instance seems to last for a good hour and then he's dead beat.

Kelly doesn't score enough goals I'm afraid. To play as an attacking 10 you need to score 8-10 goals a season, ideally. The wingers too. That's been a major weakness in the team all season long which is why Eagles and Guy have been added to the squad.

Another interesting month it seems.

I'm sure it must be tempting to some to say 'oh great, another useless johnny foreigner gone, never was any good' but I agree fully with Old Sage in wishing these departing players well.

Whilst acknowledging that it is the sensible thing to cancel a number of contracts for players who haven't been regulars, I also don't blame the players themselves.

Imagine how difficult it must be to uproot and go and live in, shall we say, one of the 'not so touristy' parts of a country, a place where you have probably never heard the name of the city let alone the team. Plus nobody speaks your language, and there are housing changes and new people, new manager, new chairman and new fans to get used to.

I think many of the players that came from Portugal and elsewhere were brave to try something different, probably not something they did for money as I doubt if any of them were being paid much and hope they gained something from their experience.

The whole 'Bruno' experiment will be judged as a part of Vale's history in future times, but whatever views one has on it, it hasn't been a boring time off the field at least.

Archived