onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Oldham A

Fosse69

when i typed in oldham first team pkayer's they all come up at the top of the page, maybe it's becuz they were there at the start of the season or summit then, at least two of them in forte and poleon would still walk into our team.

From what Ive read there are a lot of players walking in our team

Advert

Whats the situation re Grant. I thought he had a 1 game ban. Then was charged by the FA. As far as I'm aware the hearing has not taken place yet, so should he be available on Tuesday as he as served the original ban? Sure he won't be, but surely that means they are banning him before his hearing? Have I missed it or perhaps it takes place today or tomorrow? I think he will get a lengthy ban, authorities in general hate dissent and folk taking the law in to their own hands don't they.

Whats the situation re Grant. I thought he had a 1 game ban. Then was charged by the FA. As far as I'm aware the hearing has not taken place yet, so should he be available on Tuesday as he as served the original ban? Sure he won't be, but surely that means they are banning him before his hearing? Have I missed it or perhaps it takes place today or tomorrow? I think he will get a lengthy ban, authorities in general hate dissent and folk taking the law in to their own hands don't they.
Maybe they are just deciding whether 1 addition game or a longer ban so that the Oldham game is not an option?

To be fair, I think Tavares did play a little better in the Fleetwood game but he made a bad mistake on Saturday and I just don't think he's got the energy to get up and down the pitch, apart from his obvious penchant of playing like Ray Wilkins which gets us nowhere.

I'd like to see Taylor in Grant's place as he's a bit taller and stronger than the other alternatives. Preferably Purkiss at right back but I don't know if he's still in the building.

I doubt Forester will start but from the subs bench, so I'd partner Reg and Jones.

It aint goin to happen though so it's pointless discussing it.

Hasn't the manager used the same formation for virtually every single game this season?

They wouldn't though I'd argue both have gone down bank.

We had forte on trial the other year and chose to not take him on (I think) his record is pretty woeful other than one season.

Wellens used to be class but is past it.

Poleon, again I'm struggling to see why he would walk into our side with a record of 8 in 60 for Oldham.

Forrester and jones are far better.

He'd be a far better impact sub then paterson.

Looking at the form table and how many goals they concede it's going to be tough.

My big worry is that we are miles short of what everyone on here I think would consider our best XI and we don't have good enough stand-ins to cover such losses.

Purkiss, Grant, Foley, Thomas, Forester. There's 5 names. 3 of them I think are definitely out and the other 2 can't be fully match fit even if they appear in the squad.

To overcome our bad run we need these lads badly so it'll be 'interesting' to see how we cope.

I think NS said last night if we weren't in the top 6 by Xmas it's Plan B, so no pressure on our depleted team tonight, nor the manager.

Purkiss, Grant, Foley, Thomas, Forester. There's 5 names. 3 of them I think are definitely out and the other 2 can't be fully match fit even if they appear in the squad.

Yep, Foley, Grant and Thomas are definitely out.

If Forrester and Purkiss are also not involved (and in my opinion, it would be stupid to risk Forrester too soon) then we are definitely looking at quite a few of Bruno's signings to step up to the mark tonight.

Archived