onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Oldham A

Fosse69

Advert

Must be hard for oldham in general as a club, with it being around / outskirt's of manchester, they must of been in this league for some time now? i see them similar to us, were ok in the 90's, then just declined, like us, and find it hard to attract a next generation of fans, like us, even though theyre below us in the league, theyve got...............

richie wellens, jonathan forte, dominic poleon and perhaps even a few other's who i honestly think would walk into our starting eleven, if we lose this, it show's the true state of our first team side!

A must-win game?

Why is it? What will happen if we don't?

If we should lose both the next home games, I predict the second BR-exit of the year, and this time the BR wont stand for Britain - though I don't think for a minute that we will lose this and the FA Cup game.

2-0 win against Oldham, followed by a last gasp cup win against a Pools side that will be tough to beat, but all could look relatively promising again, especially when we get West Ham at home in the 3rd round, go on TV and beat them.

If we should lose both the next home games, I predict the second [/i]]BR-exit[/i] of the year, and this time the BR wont stand for Britain - though I don't think for a minute that we will lose this and the FA Cup game.

2-0 win against Oldham, followed by a last gasp cup win against a Pools side that will be tough to beat, but all could look relatively promising again, especially when we get West Ham at home in the 3rd round, go on TV and beat them.

Christ, I remember he last time we got West Ham at home in the cup, i'm still traumatised.

Must be hard for oldham in general as a club, with it being around / outskirt's of manchester, they must of been in this league for some time now? i see them similar to us, were ok in the 90's, then just declined, like us, and find it hard to attract a next generation of fans, like us, even though theyre below us in the league, theyve got...............

richie wellens, jonathan forte, dominic poleon and perhaps even a few other's who i honestly think would walk into our starting eleven, if we lose this, it show's the true state of our first team side!

None of the 3 players you have named play for them anymore.

Richie Wellens is at Salford

Forte is at Notts County

Poleon is at Wimbledon

At least do research before making yourself look silly with these daft posts.

I think I would go:

Alnwick

Taylor

Streete

Smith

Kiko

Thomas

Tavares

Amaros

De Freitas

Jones

Forester

Even with Grant suspended, Tavares should not be in the starting 11, he has been woeful for 2 months now, does not look interested and their second goal was completely down to him with an awful ball. I still don't understand why Ryan Taylor has not been given a game in midfield, he's played premier league football in that position.

The team i would play:

Alnwick

Purkiss

Smith

Streete

Kiko

De Freitas

Taylor

Amoros

Kelly

Forrester

Jones

Bruno's team:

Alnwick

Taylor

Smith

Streete

Knops

De Freitas

Tavares

Amoros

Kelly

Patto

Jones

Ive got a real bad feeling he will play that team and we'll be sh*t in the first 75 mins but we will some how snatch a win with a Jones goal

None of the 3 players you have named play for them anymore.

Richie Wellens is at Salford

Forte is at Notts County

Poleon is at Wimbledon

At least do research before making yourself look silly with these daft posts.

when i typed in oldham first team pkayer's they all come up at the top of the page, maybe it's becuz they were there at the start of the season or summit then, at least two of them in forte and poleon would still walk into our team.

Even with Grant suspended, Tavares should not be in the starting 11, he has been woeful for 2 months now, does not look interested and their second goal was completely down to him with an awful ball. I still don't understand why Ryan Taylor has not been given a game in midfield, he's played premier league football in that position.

I know I agree but I don't really see other options there with grant and foley both out. You mention Taylor but I always thought he was a right back/right wing. I personally think Tavares is good on the ball but as you say doesn't look arsed at the minute and hasn't for a while. I think he's a decent player and better than some make out. Just needs to wake up and be much better when he doesn't have the ball.

when i typed in oldham first team pkayer's they all come up at the top of the page, maybe it's becuz they were there at the start of the season or summit then, at least two of them in forte and poleon would still walk into our team.

They wouldn't though I'd argue both have gone down bank.

We had forte on trial the other year and chose to not take him on (I think) his record is pretty woeful other than one season.

Wellens used to be class but is past it.

Poleon, again I'm struggling to see why he would walk into our side with a record of 8 in 60 for Oldham.

Forrester and jones are far better.

Archived