onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

USA Consortium (Or somebody else?)

Mario

Advert

Try staying off social media then and just go and support the team.We are just three points off the play-offs and you know what,your extra support just might make a difference?

Totally missing Cheekys point.

Actually he does go. ST holder and has been for years.

When you get supporters like Steve saying that, then its time to take note instead of the usual "Support the lads" crap.

He does. Every week.

It seems to me that people are saying it is just about the football, or at least it should be.

It stopped being just about the football for some after Bell, when fans were encouraged to buy into the idea of a fan owned club and were told that their voice mattered.... if it had been just about the football MOLD would have stripped the club of everything that wasnt nailed down, including the ground that was mortgaged with little hope of repayment... Once that door has been opened its damned hard to get it closed again.

If smurf wants it "just about the football" he has to stop running off at the mouth because all the other stuff 'not about the football' comes from him and the club.... would we have known about JFH if he hadnt blabbed? or budget cuts? or not signing a striker because more than usual crowds didnt attend? or he was sacking page after exeter [or not]?.... if you put it out there people will comment and react and its never been easier to reach a larger audience than the fans who stand/sit next to you.

Budget cuts arent about the football, how much he is putting in isnt about the football, cutting salaries isnt about the football, manager or player contract negotiations arent about the football, having an exclusivity deal or 3 buyers or interest from a usa consortium isnt about the football, how big his house is or the fact he bought a jag isnt about the football, in fact most of the information that gets blabbed comes from the club and especially the chairman... and isnt about the football.

If you dont strike the match and fan the flames you tend not to get a fire

I'll be honest. I've become apathetic this season for a number of reasons. The chairman apparently giving up after the Exeter game being one of them. Tell me I'm not real fan if you like, I don't really care. But there's more to life than football, and the general atmosphere around the club, which comes from the top down, doesn't inspire, couple that with the generally poor match day experience inside the ground, and it isn't enticing.

More importantly, there is one thing that football fans need, above anything else, hope. We don't expect to go up, but we hope and dream we do. If the chairman starts making comments mid-season (when the play-offs are still a possibility) about cutting the budget, offering players reduced contracts in the summer, he's putting no more money into the club etc, how does that inspire hope in fans?bit doesn't, it just fuels negativity.

Whether there is a potential sale on the cards or not is irrelevant now, the damage has been done by the constant contradictions of the chairman. All of this should have been kept behind closed doors. The negativity is there to see, on OVF, Facebook, the ground; and it all stems from the same source.

An excellent summary there 'Cheeky Boy'. It's a while since you tapped your keyboard on OVF but your comments and opinions should be listened to and not criticised by people who will just attend out of duty. Sadly I am one of those who as a kid used to feel guilty if I didn't go to church on a Sunday. Following the Vale at the present time is similar I attend out of duty and certainly not because it is normally an enjoyable experience. Yes Coventry and Sheffield were good games but most of the performances have been utter dross and don't get me started on the away performances. A fellow Valiant told me he had attended six away games and never seen Vale score a goal!!!!! Now that is a scary fact.

Goodness knows what sort of tripe hounds will be on the pitch next term is Smurthwaite is still the owner? I'm afraid voting with our feet is the only way to convince this man. Turning up like mindless robots will only encourage him to continue in his one man destruction of the squad. Make no mistake if his threat of an £800,000 cut in the budget next year is a reality a rapid downwards spiral is guaranteed.

I bet he never missed a match under Gordon Lee?

I didnt miss many of the home games... I think it was 71/72 when I got my first season ticket, 60 quid ish if I remember correctly... didnt know what was going on behind the scenes, didnt want to know to be honest, still dont.... but if someone insists on telling me it would be rude not to listen.

It seems to me that people are saying it is just about the football, or at least it should be.

It stopped being just about the football for some after Bell, when fans were encouraged to buy into the idea of a fan owned club and were told that their voice mattered.... if it had been just about the football MOLD would have stripped the club of everything that wasnt nailed down, including the ground that was mortgaged with little hope of repayment... Once that door has been opened its damned hard to get it closed again.

If smurf wants it "just about the football" he has to stop running off at the mouth because all the other stuff 'not about the football' comes from him and the club.... would we have known about JFH if he hadnt blabbed? or budget cuts? or not signing a striker because more than usual crowds didnt attend? or he was sacking page after exeter [or not]?.... if you put it out there people will comment and react and its never been easier to reach a larger audience than the fans who stand/sit next to you.

Budget cuts arent about the football, how much he is putting in isnt about the football, cutting salaries isnt about the football, manager or player contract negotiations arent about the football, having an exclusivity deal or 3 buyers or interest from a usa consortium isnt about the football, how big his house is or the fact he bought a jag isnt about the football, in fact most of the information that gets blabbed comes from the club and especially the chairman... and isnt about the football.

All good points, best get yer tin hat on :-)

I didnt miss many of the home games... I think it was 71/72 when I got my first season ticket, 60 quid ish if I remember correctly... didnt know what was going on behind the scenes, didnt want to know to be honest, still dont.... but if someone insists on telling me it would be rude not to listen.
£60 in 1972! Christ you could have bought the club for not much more! It was only about £3 to get in during the 80s pay on the gate, wasn't a Spurs ticket £3.50 and they put the prices up for that :-)

£60 in 1972! Christ you could have bought the club for not much more! It was only about £3 to get in during the 80s pay on the gate, wasn't a Spurs ticket £3.50 and they put the prices up for that :-)

I am trusting my memory Tim.... my rememberer is faulty but my forgeter works like a new one.

A ticket for the Spurs game was £3.50,still got my stub but that was before Bosman and player power.

Top price season tickets in 1972/73 were £10! Times change rather quickly.

Hey c'mon fellas Vale are just 3 points off the play-offs, irrespective wether you like Smurf or not the time for the team is now we can make a difference by turning up in numbers and showing that through all the doom and gloom merchants at the moment we could actually do it!!

Teams around us are so inconsistant,who would have thought at Christmas Barnsley were bottom now occupy a play-off place, have yo seen Coventry's fixtures for April!!

We have a chance if we all stay positive, Smurf blusters about cutting the budget but c'mon he has said that for three years then gone on to spend more money!! he's now saying he is'nt putting anymore money in but now going to add a striker to have a push!!! whats all that about!

I will support the team whoever the owner is or the Manager....because thats what we do...we are all VALE!!!

I agree completely about MOLD. Something needed to be done and was, but in the grand scheme of things is our current situation that bad? Better quality squad, higher division, best home form in years, potential saleable assets, steady (although not quickly enough) improvement of infrastructure? Surely all these positives aren't outweighed by a few silly comments from the chairman. His talk of budget cuts etc. are all taken with a pinch of salt for me as we've heard it all before, yet he has still funded signings. Even if the budget was reduced, we'd probably be paying a squad of 18-20 rather than 30+ so the actual change would not be that dramatic and we'd have a trimmed down squad of better players and release the deadwood.

I just don't see why people are so precious about the chairman saying a few silly things. We know pr isn't his strong point so why take it all in?

The best bet is to get down to the ground on match day to support the team, otherwise what's the point in being a fan?

Archived