Advert

Advert

USA Consortium (Or somebody else?)

Mario

Newcastle United.

An owner nobody wants.

A manager who hasn't a clue.

A club that's in freefall.

The fans protest and moan all the time about these two just like ours do but they still support the club in their numbers both home and away.

Some of our fans use it as an excuse not to attend and not buy season tickets.Geordie's are a bit more loyal.

Get it?

To be honest , NO

Advert

You do realise that the likes of you are contributing to the negativity in the post you referred to with your dumb ****, one sentence paragraph bull****? Keep up the good work...

Ah, you've starting swearing again. Usually means you know you are losing the argument.

I'll be honest. I've become apathetic this season for a number of reasons. The chairman apparently giving up after the Exeter game being one of them. Tell me I'm not real fan if you like, I don't really care. But there's more to life than football, and the general atmosphere around the club, which comes from the top down, doesn't inspire, couple that with the generally poor match day experience inside the ground, and it isn't enticing.

More importantly, there is one thing that football fans need, above anything else, hope. We don't expect to go up, but we hope and dream we do. If the chairman starts making comments mid-season (when the play-offs are still a possibility) about cutting the budget, offering players reduced contracts in the summer, he's putting no more money into the club etc, how does that inspire hope in fans?bit doesn't, it just fuels negativity.

Whether there is a potential sale on the cards or not is irrelevant now, the damage has been done by the constant contradictions of the chairman. All of this should have been kept behind closed doors. The negativity is there to see, on OVF, Facebook, the ground; and it all stems from the same source.

I'll be honest. I've become apathetic this season for a number of reasons. The chairman apparently giving up after the Exeter game being one of them. Tell me I'm not real fan if you like, I don't really care. But there's more to life than football, and the general atmosphere around the club, which comes from the top down, doesn't inspire, couple that with the generally poor match day experience inside the ground, and it isn't enticing.

More importantly, there is one thing that football fans need, above anything else, hope. We don't expect to go up, but we hope and dream we do. If the chairman starts making comments mid-season (when the play-offs are still a possibility) about cutting the budget, offering players reduced contracts in the summer, he's putting no more money into the club etc, how does that inspire hope in fans?bit doesn't, it just fuels negativity.

Whether there is a potential sale on the cards or not is irrelevant now, the damage has been done by the constant contradictions of the chairman. All of this should have been kept behind closed doors. The negativity is there to see, on OVF, Facebook, the ground; and it all stems from the same source.

Try staying off social media then and just go and support the team.We are just three points off the play-offs and you know what,your extra support just might make a difference?

I know exactly what you're on about but I was holding off posting something similar for fear of being wilfully misquoted.

It feels like there's a cloud hanging over the club at the minute, even though we're doing well. The atmosphere at games is dreadful and everything just seems so much like a chore.

I go to the Vale whenever I can, listen on the internet whenever I can 'cause I'm a football fan, a Vale fan of 55 yrs (and believe me these are joyous times football wise cf to the most of the 60's/70's) and it's exciting watching "My team" and guys do things with a football that I couldn't. I would never, ever not go to the Vale 'cause of the manager, the owner, poor match day experience, lack of pies etc

Talking of the owner I hope he's taken his clubs with him 'cause the weather in the USA and the North East in particular at the moment is just gorgeous, this time last year we had two feet of snow on the ground and below zero temps, hope he's in deal mode.

Totally agree and so how on earth can we expect the "floating" fan to be tempted to go and watch?

We are just three points off the play-offs QUOTE]

Does that mean it is enjoyable?

I have been going since 1958 and I stopped because I have never enjoyed it less.

So you enjoyed the football more under Denis Butler that is weird or were you staying away because there was no roof over the Hamil End

Archived