onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Should he stay or should he go darlings let me know ?

Advert

There are plenty of ex managers out there who would do an excellent job Mark Cooper who has consistently had a team sniffing around the top 6 in this league for years only to see his best players continually moved on, uwe rosler has also done well at the top end of this league, there are Championship managers who are currently out of work

There are plenty of ex managers out there who would do an excellent job Mark Cooper who has consistently had a team sniffing around the top 6 in this league for years only to see his best players continually moved on, uwe rosler has also done well at the top end of this league, there are Championship managers who are currently out of work

you have also got to remember smurfwaite has to pay this manager, how do you even no he has the funds for a championship manager?

you have also got to remember smurfwaite has to pay this manager, how do you even no he has the funds for a championship manager?

How do you know he hasnt? Hes got a choice, continue with this **** and continue to lose crowds due to awful showings or get a decent manager in and see crowds and performances improving. I know which I would chose.

Tell me who the replacement will be and then I'll tell you if we should sack Page or not.

It's a funny old game Jean :)

Maidenhead have done to us what we have previously done to other teams. How well I still remember the 'Minnows of Burslem' taking out Southampton so many years ago. Oh the joy; the bliss; we were the best thing since bread.

Today the 'Minnows of Maidenhead, must be feeling as we did back when we were young and that, as we know, is the way of the F.A. Cup. Today they have got the bread and are leaving a trail of crumbs back the their 'House'.

The job for Rob and the 'Lads will be follow those 'crumbs' and bring back what's left of the 'bread'. It wont be an easy task.

Ah! I love the vagaries of our F.A. Cup :yes:

Following the dire performance today towards the end of the game I found myself reflecting not only why a professional team in the vale could not beat a team of part timers. But also why does our owner expect that we continue to invest our money and even more our time into watching players with no desire or pride in our shirt.

We continue to hear about your (loans) investments to our club. We apparently are happier to be at the top of league two. You picked page as our manager.

How many of us think he should go ?

Give over, change the song.

I've just come down off the fence. Fed up of attempting to rally round Vale fans by suggesting RP needs time. That time has run out. This match was not a one off....Vale have been embarrassing us far too many times this season now for even a die hard like me to stomach much more!

We have no leadership, no tactics, no passion, no heart and it's now reached the stage when we fans have had enough.

Norman, listen to the those that have supported this fabulous Club for years and years.... surely you don't accept what is going on? If the atmosphere and hopes of us all are not sorted soon then we will drop like a stone and you will seriously be contemplating crowds so much lower than yesterday that reality will have to hit home. I love Vale but my gut is screaming to me now that RP and his mates on the field are inadequate and not worthy of our Club.

He should stay. It seems that every manager has to be sacked if there is a run of bad results. Usually this is a run of consecutive defeats. This doesn't apply.

Fans go on about sticking with their club through the high and low times... funny that during the low times they don't stick with the manager.

There has been plenty of managers (even at international level) that have been slated for years and then produced some of the finest moments of football - perhaps glance a thought at John Rudge pre-that Macclesfield match. He was on the brink of losing his job. Bobby Robson who for years was slated in the press and the terraces goes on to manage the most successful England team since 1966.

Just saying that getting what you want now, maybe isn't the right thing for tomorrow.

I've just come down off the fence. Fed up of attempting to rally round Vale fans by suggesting RP needs time. That time has run out. This match was not a one off....Vale have been embarrassing us far too many times this season now for even a die hard like me to stomach much more!

We have no leadership, no tactics, no passion, no heart and it's now reached the stage when we fans have had enough.

Norman, listen to the those that have supported this fabulous Club for years and years.... surely you don't accept what is going on? If the atmosphere and hopes of us all are not sorted soon then we will drop like a stone and you will seriously be contemplating crowds so much lower than yesterday that reality will have to hit home. I love Vale but my gut is screaming to me now that RP and his mates on the field are inadequate and not worthy of our Club.

I am starting to come round to that way of thinking. I was appalled when he got the job after Micky left and even more so when he nearly took us down and then still got the gig full time. I accepted the situation and decided I had no choice but to back him and the early signs against Crewe, Burnley etc were very good. Sadly though he has resorted to type. I mean not playing two up top against a non-league side- what is that all about?

Smurf's trouble with this is he's too commercially minded and is looking for value for money. In league football going cheap gets you nowhere but in the proverbial do do. The dwindling crowds can only be addressed by appointing a manager who inspires the fans to turn up. Promoting coaches/ assistant managers does not and never has done this. Seriously, if he penny pinches and appoints another number two I will go ****ing spare

With falling attendances and gate receipts, disillusionment of fans, 6 wins in 33 games, Top 6 budget yet bottom 6 performances, Biggest squad in league 1 with at least 10-12 only being good enough for league 2 or none league, a rookie manager who appears to be tactically inept surely now it's time for Smurf to make changes before it's too late ! People say we can't afford to get rid however attendances loss of 1000 per home game must be costing us £20k per match. Smurf is a business man and knows football is a results business so if he's serious about getting us into the top 6 or Championship in the future surely he has to act now !

Archived