onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Should he stay or should he go darlings let me know ?

My heart says it's time for him to go. My head says replacing him now would not resolve the situation. Get rid at the end of the season and allow the new manager to start with his team in Division 2.

The strangest thing ive ever read!

So you think with him in charge we will go down but you wouldnt sack him until we have gone down!!!!

Going down would be financial suicide for the club.

We fought so hard to get back to league 1.

Get him gone now and lets get our season back on track.

Advert

He should have never been here at the start of the season. I don't see how he can stay!

No he shouldn't. Norman wanted to replicate the great bill bell on appointing rudge. The difference is Rudge worked 60 to 70 hours per week with Ray Williams

scouting and knowing every player in all leagues. He could motivate and engage a team. We were not always great but had players such as a spin who would run through brick walls.

Norman you have saved the club and we are forever in your debt for that. But don't expect we spend money and time for garbage entertainment poor pre mid and post match hospitality.

Short term sack page

Long term put up a for sale sign

The stats are terrible. There are times in games where we have some really good spells but it just doesn't seem to quite come off. I agree with the squad comment they will need to extend the back page of the programme soon. I would prefer we had a smaller squad and swapped 10 of the players for 1/2 quality signings. I would give him till Christmas if we continue to drift down the league then we know he needs to go. But if we can defend set pieces better and have more of the attacking moves result in a goal I think we will move towards the play offs. As for NS I cannot fault him puts his hand in his pocket. Not all of his decisions are correct but I do believe he has the best interests of the club at heart.

Time for him to go, its getting worse as each week passes, the attendances going down says it all about the dross being served up by page. The utter loonacey in bringing on Remi Streete with 10 minutes to go says it all about pages understanding of how to win/turn a game - awful!

I said at the end of that season that Page should have gone after his 1 win in 11 streak in 2014-2015, that 1 win only being due to a last minute, world class, roy of the rovers save from Chris Neal in the dying seconds at already relegated Yeovil to snatch a very tight victory, and that signing Page for next (this) season will turn out to cost NS a fortune.

And it has.

He should have started his managerial career in non league where he can't potentially wreak hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of damage to a football club. He has done to League 1 Port Vale, decimating home gates, dropping us in the shlt for a possible relegation battle and making a mockery of the Chairmans ambition to return to the Championship by pinning strike force hopes on AJ ****ing leith smith and Colin Daniel.

AJLS. Colin Daniel. Dodds. It's insanity.

The retained list has been done to death. Far smaller clubs with smaller budgets than us in this league have recognised front men and are going well in the league. Burton Albion, ***. Burton!

Tactics and subs. Christ where to start.

He's a nice guy and what has happened is a massive shame but the guy, at the moment, is a coach and not a manager.

spot on that

He's a nice guy and what has happened is a massive shame but the guy, at the moment, is a coach and not a manager.

That sums it up for me. I still think the players see him as their coach rather than their boss. There's too much of the "boys gave me all their effort today".

Page out, should never have been appointed in the first place, like someone else mentioned 12 months ago, should have tried get Rowett when he was at Burton. In the summer when he should have gone, we should have tried for Darren Ferguson, would have sold an extra 400 - 500 season tickets with an appointment like that. Keith Hill would be my number one target, worked miracles on a small budget, however can't see us going for someone still in a job. For managers out of work I would go for Mark Cooper, unlucky on limited resources not to take Swindon up, seen all his best players sold in the summer.

My head says replacing him now would not resolve the situation. Get rid at the end of the season and allow the new manager to start with his team in Division 2.

So how would the new manager get to know his squad,who he wants to keep,who he wants to get rid of,who he needs to get in as a replacement?

Archived