onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

page out now

steauavaliant

Advert

The number of empty seats was down to the game being unappealing and, frankly, Vale fans being some of the most fickle in football.

At best we were going up to 15th place, at worst we were going to lose and sink further. That's a tough sell to non ST-holders.

Our "big-match" fans have already finished for this season after Crewe at home and Cov away.

I really don't think he has lost the support from the terraces - our core support is about 4k and that's what we had yesterday.

There's are 6 of us. 2 are renewing 4 wont be and these will find other things to do and be lost fans. Support from the terraces is dwindling.

I'd like to think Saturday was a performance of Pages making without any interference from Laurel & Hardy in the background. The sooner those pair are permanently out the door the better.

i think Tuesday will be a defining moment in RP's managerial career and PV's history. Lose and I think we are goners, and I fear bad times will loom large, though I don't think RP will be around to see them. Win and we have him another year and maybe, just maybe, the chance of the much wanted clear-out and him bringing his own staff in. I would like to see Brown included but personally, would like to see someone from the outside totally unconnected with the club.

I think that is an utterly preposterous situation but I think you're right. It should not come down to the result of one game. As REP stated, he's also started talking tripe, which is and never has been the way to go.

As for the clear out, I'm not sure the chairman has the vision for that.I understand he's making us more sustainable and that is much over due and a credit to him, but the elephant in the room is always going to be the playing side. It's the most expensive part but there's a reason for that! Quality coaches, training quality players gets results and okay it costs but it also gets people through the door. Concocting idiotic ways to delay season ticket holders getting into the stadium and giving away free programmes that run out before kick off won't. It's all about priorities

Then blame Smurf not page

I've already stated I think Smurf has made a mess of the management side (why does he need an experienced CEO again?).

How ever you look at it, the manager is responsible for team selection and tactics (no matter how utterly ****ing dreadful his coaching staff are) and therefore the blame for the recent run of results falls entirely at his feet.

There's are 6 of us. 2 are renewing 4 wont be and these will find other things to do and be lost fans. Support from the terraces is dwindling.

I'd be interested to know how long the errant 4 have been following the Vale. We have been through far, far worse times than this and had far, far worse teams than this.

I've already stated I think Smurf has made a mess of the management side (why does he need an experienced CEO again?).

How ever you look at it, the manager is responsible for team selection and tactics (no matter how utterly ****ing dreadful his coaching staff are) and therefore the blame for the recent run of results falls entirely at his feet.

I agree page is not the man for the job, we've finally picked a point up and some are forgetting just how poor we have been.

It's still hard to judge Page.

His selections and apparent player favouritism still worries me.

I'm not going to say Campion is a world beater like some people seem to think, but I thought he was decent against MK Dons. He's a big unit, wins headers, hard to knock off the ball, works hard. It's the first time i've seen him play but I feel his performance justifies more minutes on the pitch than he's had? He should know his squad by now? Similar to sending Duffy to "the disappeared" then all of a sudden he's the key man in our relegation battle? I know he's learning and will make mistakes but this is the basics?

I have nothing against him, I want him to do well, as I do with every Vale player/manager, but I'm still not sure.

I see this seasons problems as a carry over from last season, mainly the defence isn`t good enough and it is no coincidence that our best performances have come when an on loan defender has come in and been dominant (Collins on saturday and Inniss previously), that is hardly Pages fault but Adams must take his share of the blame. It was obvious to most that Lines wasn`t the player we needed and that Robertson wasn`t good enough but Adams chose to keep them at the club, leaving us short of cover in the squad.

There are some parallels this season to Rudges` first in which he took over a side in trouble got them out of the bottom four until we slipped back in. Hopefully we can avoid the drop but I reckon if we keep Page, we will come straight back up next season and can build from there if needs be.

Presumably Coulibaly will replace OConnor as the latter can't play 2 matches in 4 days. If OConnor starts what does that tell us about Pages previous comments?

Whatever went on last time Page should have kept quiet about the whole thing. This is only a single criticism about Page. I'm probably in a minority on here but I would be happy to see Page as manager next season, provided Glover and Grew and nowhere near the first team.

Perhaps have Page, with Brown as a player coach, plus Page could have one other of his choice as part if his back room staff?

Presumably Coulibaly will replace OConnor as the latter can't play 2 matches in 4 days. If OConnor starts what does that tell us about Pages previous comments?

Whatever went on last time Page should have kept quiet about the whole thing. This is only a single criticism about Page. I'm probably in a minority on here but I would be happy to see Page as manager next season, provided Glover and Grew and nowhere near the first team.

Perhaps have Page, with Brown as a player coach, plus Page could have one other of his choice as part if his back room staff?

I agree....and he ain't the first manager to be thrown a question without having a media-friendly response at the ready.

I agree page is not the man for the job, we've finally picked a point up and some are forgetting just how poor we have been.

I haven't forgot the turgid crap that's been dished up laughingly called league 1 football,the fact that we suddenly put in a good performance against one of the best teams in the division doesn't alter those results that went before,and the reasoning behind them,the jury is still out.

Archived