onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

page out now

steauavaliant

Lets give the guy a chance if Norman gives RP reasonable budget and his preferred back room staff he deserves a crack at the job everybody has to start somewhere and he just might surprise us and I would rather have him than journey men.

He's lost 6 in a row, and then got a point at home, albeit a well-earned point, but why would a chairman give him a reasonable budget after that?

He may keep Vale up this season, but it will be in desperation rather than any great tactical changes, or a brilliant mind. The man is average at best, and he won't improve imo. Who knows what could happen at Scunthorpe tomorrow night/ We could either win 3-0 or lose 4-0, he's that kind of coach.

Even back in the 60's , if a manager lost 6 in a row he'd be gone.

Advert

Lets give the guy a chance if Norman gives RP reasonable budget and his preferred back room staff he deserves a crack at the job everybody has to start somewhere and he just might surprise us and I would rather have him than journey men.

We've just lost 6 in a row.

We've only kept 5 clean sheets in 36 matches under page.

We've failed to score in 12 matches out of 36. So 1 in 3 we don't score.

We've lost 7 out of the last 9 picking up just 4 points from a possible 27 whilst playing some of the worst sides in the league.

We play extremely negative football, we were much better Saturday but still didn't create many chances.

Page a defender took an age to fix defensive issues.

Picks his favourites.

Makes excuses.

Plays 1 up front at home against the bottom sides and we still hoof it to pope.

I'm sorry but just because we got a point against mk dons dosent mean he's right for the job, other than the honey moon period when he took over we have been rubbish. We had that little spell where we won a few but look at the opposition, Doncaster can't get a point away, Walsall have been dropping like us and can't score, notts county seem woeful and should go down and Coventry who have only just won their first match at home under the new manager, although to be fair we played very well there.

I don't trust page to sign the right players or play good attractive football next season that will get us points. I love vale but next year id certainly wonder whether to get a season ticket as I can't really remember the last time I saw us play and thought wow, what an excellent game of attacking football and been entertained, Coventry was probably the closest it's come under page. Doncaster away was probably the last vale match I enjoyed throughout. I really don't want page as manager.

A manager needs at least five years and Vale have suffered through having a load of short term managers over the time since Rudge left. If I remember rightly Rudge suffered a relegation in his first part season. What we need is patience and support, not this continual carping. Thank goodness we have a chairman who makes the decisions and backs them, rather than a group of supporters with an axe to grind or a feeling of power from having driven the club into administration twice.

A manager needs at least five years and Vale have suffered through having a load of short term managers over the time since Rudge left. If I remember rightly Rudge suffered a relegation in his first part season. What we need is patience and support, not this continual carping. Thank goodness we have a chairman who makes the decisions and backs them, rather than a group of supporters with an axe to grind or a feeling of power from having driven the club into administration twice.

I respect your opinion, but the fact remains that Vale could end up in L2 next season. I love Port Vale , and because of that I am concerned for the future of the club. I've seen worse times , like re-election in the 60's , and being bottom of Div. 4 for long periods of time. Rob Page is not as bad as Gannon, not many are, but he is in that category of a man who pretends to know the game but he really doesn't . It's almost as if he is second guessing everything, and then it's too late. Rudge was different class, despite being relegated. If Vale go down , it will take a long time to come back up under Page, and we might keep on going down to the Conference.

5 years dosent happen unless there's instant success in modern football.

I'd prefer to watch vale play some form of attacking football. It's like watching paint dry under page.

Because I haven't enjoyed this season at all . Poor team selection, awful tactics, wretched defending, ridiculous post match interviews, the same mistakes being repeated over and over again. Now it looks like , even though the manager has shown he is not up to it, we will get the same again next year. Its nothing to do with not being able to afford it but I do expect value for money and a little bit of common sense. If I am to go next season it will be with an early bird season ticket or not at all. The cash is there but I need to be ENTERTAINED not left fuming for the rest of my weekend.
These are the thoughts of many. Even the club's more loyal fans shouldn't just be taken for granted.

How many manager get 5 years to start getting a team to win? None is the short answer. I'm sorry Al this is a results business and up to press Page hasn't 'cut the mustard'. He had the normal 'New Manager's 'good start but the last few weeks have been absolutely terrible.

I think Page is probably doing a very good job in difficult circumstances. We play the same players every week because they are the ones which are fit and capable of playing at this level. We have spent money on potential but not addressed the immediate issue that we need a competitive team now!

We've lost 7 out of the last 9 picking up just 4 points from a possible 27 whilst playing some of the worst sides in the league.

We play extremely negative football, we were much better Saturday but still didn't create many chances.

Picks his favourites.

Makes excuses.

I'm sorry but just because we got a point against mk dons dosent mean he's right for the job, other than the honey moon period when he took over we have been rubbish. We had that little spell where we won a few but look at the opposition, Doncaster can't get a point away, Walsall have been dropping like us and can't score, notts county seem woeful and should go down and Coventry who have only just won their first match at home under the new manager, although to be fair we played very well there.

I don't trust page to sign the right players or play good attractive football next season that will get us points. I love vale but next year id certainly wonder whether to get a season ticket as I can't really remember the last time I saw us play and thought wow, what an excellent game of attacking football and been entertained, Coventry was probably the closest it's come under page. Doncaster away was probably the last vale match I enjoyed throughout. I really don't want page as manager.

Pretty much agree with all that.

I actually enjoyed the game on Saturday as it was highly competitive, Vale edged the game and all credit to the lads for the way they competed.

I struggle to see where goals are coming from apart from a Marshall run and finish or an O'Connor free kick.

Tomorrow is key and it remains to be seen if we can not only compete but get a victory.

I am sure Norman is as disappointed as the rest of us. As for next season, unless there is a positive end to this and news in the way of change I fear more of the same.

Picks his favourites.

Makes excuses.

Plays 1up front at home against the bottom sides and we still hoof it up to Pope.

Even though that one up front was Williamson and Pope wasn't playing.

I don't understand why people want page to be given a chance, he's proven nothing whatsoever. I've seen some dreadful football recently and that was thanks to page and his team selections and tactics, all of a sudden after a point people are back saying give him a chance, why?

Because I haven't enjoyed this season at all . Poor team selection, awful tactics, wretched defending, ridiculous post match interviews, the same mistakes being repeated over and over again. Now it looks like , even though the manager has shown he is not up to it, we will get the same again next year. Its nothing to do with not being able to afford it but I do expect value for money and a little bit of common sense. If I am to go next season it will be with an early bird season ticket or not at all. The cash is there but I need to be ENTERTAINED not left fuming for the rest of my weekend.

Nick we have seen far worse than this season over the last 57 years.

Also we have to see what happens both before the end of this season an during the close season surely?

Streete and Innis as season long loans would be a good start.

I don't understand why people want page to be given a chance, he's proven nothing whatsoever. I've seen some dreadful football recently and that was thanks to page and his team selections and tactics, all of a sudden after a point people are back saying give him a chance, why?

So who do you have in mind to take over ?

Nick we have seen far worse than this season over the last 57 years.

Also we have to see what happens both before the end of this season an during the close season surely?

Streete and Innis as season long loans would be a good start.

If he gets the close season he gets to pick his players and backroom staff and it still fails we then get a manager stuck with someones choice that isnt his own [sound familiar]... and there is the risk... another part of the risk is who he selects both on and off the field.

Will he come out and say glover and grew are going?.. X number of [named players] will not be staying?.. before ST sales slump and the budget is cut?.. will smurf let him?.. will anyone believe him?..... Tune in in a few weeks to hear that the lid is off the sweety jar again.

If he gets the close season he gets to pick his players and backroom staff and it still fails we then get a manager stuck with someones choice that isnt his own [sound familiar]... and there is the risk... another part of the risk is who he selects both on and off the field.

Will he come out and say glover and grew are going?.. X number of [named players] will not be staying?.. before ST sales slump and the budget is cut?.. will smurf let him?.. will anyone believe him?..... Tune in in a few weeks to hear that the lid is off the sweety jar again.

a tad cynical but we will wait and see

Archived