onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

page out now

steauavaliant

Advert

I don't understand why Vale fans settle for mediocracy. Page has had his chance, he has shown poor tactical awareness and team selection. The fact that he has only given campion a chance now and picked players in poorer form and who are blatantly not fit should concern all fans the most.

Hallelujah! One point and all of a sudden he's good enough and should "get a year" (and one poster wants to give him five years!!!)- utter madness. The facts speak for themsleves

People talk about our coaching staff being defenders and being unable to sort the defence out, well the forwards aren't faring much better either. Look at Williamson for a start, Campion hasn't had a look in, Marshall who has been the best, still suffers from poor decision making at times, unlike JMW he can actually cross a ball but tries unrealistic shots instead. Pope is certainly not flourishing under Page.

Is there anything that this management team are good at?

You sometimes wonder if these posters have actually seen the games.

Colchester was the game when I decided Page was not the man for the job (I missed the Crawley game because I was ill but the old man was gobsmaked as to how poor we were). Up to that point I was of the mind he deserved a shot with his own staff and players but that performance was utterly, utterly inept and I don't want a manger that could set that team up

People talk about our coaching staff being defenders and being unable to sort the defence out, well the forwards aren't faring much better either. Look at Williamson for a start, Campion hasn't had a look in, Marshall who has been the best, still suffers from poor decision making at times, unlike JMW he can actually cross a ball but tries unrealistic shots instead. Pope is certainly not flourishing under Page.

Is there anything that this management team are good at?

Lying and ****ing off their best players?

Someone else in the summer. There is a whole host of managers available why should we settle for a manager in which we have lost 6 in a row, play terrible football and look at the stats I posted earlier, it's dire!

Another way to look at is: W13, D5, L13. And if he delivers enough points to keep us in L1 then, in my opinion, he should be given another season :)

A lot of decisions need to be made at the end of the season, with appropriate reflection and considered objectivity.

I'm ambivalent about Page currently but, knowing how hard it is to find a good manager (you'd have just as good a chance of winning Barry's GTC competition!), it wouldn't unduly concern me if he had a 12 month contract, reviewed at Xmas.

We all know things haven't gone to plan and it's been a poor season but there have been extenuating circumstances.

We were second bottom under Adams and I said then if we can finish fifth bottom I'd be content.

Page has had the same players and staff to work with as the budget was spent by Adams. The players, collectively, aren't good enough but you can't change them mid season but do your best with what you've got.

I don't know what's gone on behind the scenes but at least there has been an attempt to bring in a centre back (Zubar, Inniss, Collins) which Adams failed to address.

Page's tactics in recent home games have been poor but he changed it last Saturday and is hopefully learning as he goes along.

No-one can guarantee the next manager of PVFC will be a success. You might well end up with a Sinnott or a Glover, so if we get out of this mess I'd be happy if he was given a chance. If we don't, then I wouldn't worry about it because NS will probably have his gun ready for firing.;)

Another way to look at is: W13, D5, L13. And if he delivers enough points to keep us in L1 then, in my opinion, he should be given another season :)

Lack of ambition like that will not sell STs.

I repeat , if Page stays the club will not sell enough STs to provide any sort of reasonable budget because the fanbase is divided.

His poor management got us back into a relegation battle when we should have been safe in midfield. I really have to force myself to go the vale at the minute, other than Saturday (which still finished 0-0) we have played drab boring football and in general been dire. From tactics to team selections to subs. I don't see how in any way he deserves a chance next season I really don't. If smurf wants to take the cheap option and keep page I have a feeling that he will majorly lose out on season ticket sales, I for one would certainly have a long think about buying one.

Archived