onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

page out now

steauavaliant

Page and his coaching staff got the tactics spot on yesterday, the only decision I would have done differently was to have left Williamson on and taken Campion off who was knackered. With hindsight also Birchall may have been a better bet than the young loanee who kept giving the ball away. Hopefully Smurf can sign Page up on a long contract before he is poached by a bigger club.

Advert

Page and his coaching staff got the tactics spot on yesterday, the only decision I would have done differently was to have left Williamson on and taken Campion off who was knackered. With hindsight also Birchall may have been a better bet than the young loanee who kept giving the ball away. Hopefully Smurf can sign Page up on a long contract before he is poached by a bigger club.

I think it was the right decision to leave Campion on. I expected him to be taken off when the subs were made, and I think Campion was expecting that too. But keeping him on for the whole match, regardless of the fact he was clearly knackered, was good from a psychological point of view. After the first substitution, Dodds I think, you could visibly see Campion grow in confidence because he was being trusted by the manager by being left on. I think playing him for the full 90 minutes, regardless of whether he scored or not, was the best thing for Campion.

Turning to your comment re: Birchall, I don't understand where you're coming from there I'm afraid. Coulibaly rattled their left back and drew a yellow card out of him. He also offered an outlet with his pace and gave their defenders something else to think about late in the game when they were tiring. I'd start with him on Tueaday.

Finally, Page. One swallow doesn't make a summer and as much as yesterday was a drastically improved performance, it doesn't paper over what has gone before and I would be looking for a clean sweep of the coaching staff in the summer still. Nothing personal against RP, I simply think a change is needed if we are to go in the direction NS wants us to.

get something out of the next few games and then see what norman does.

I've had doubts about Page for the last couple of games, but for much longer I've thought I'd like to see what he could do with his own coaching staff. Yesterday there seemed to be very little interaction between Page and the two dinosaurs. Maybe (hopefully) their time is coming to an end. Here's hoping.

I think it was the right decision to leave Campion on. I expected him to be taken off when the subs were made, and I think Campion was expecting that too. But keeping him on for the whole match, regardless of the fact he was clearly knackered, was good from a psychological point of view. After the first substitution, Dodds I think, you could visibly see Campion grow in confidence because he was being trusted by the manager by being left on. I think playing him for the full 90 minutes, regardless of whether he scored or not, was the best thing for Campion.

Turning to your comment re: Birchall, I don't understand where you're coming from there I'm afraid. Coulibaly rattled their left back and drew a yellow card out of him. He also offered an outlet with his pace and gave their defenders something else to think about late in the game when they were tiring. I'd start with him on Tueaday.

Finally, Page. One swallow doesn't make a summer and as much as yesterday was a drastically improved performance, it doesn't paper over what has gone before and I would be looking for a clean sweep of the coaching staff in the summer still. Nothing personal against RP, I simply think a change is needed if we are to go in the direction NS wants us to.

Spot on cheeky.

I haven't changed my mind about Page . He's not the man for Vale. Any other manager would have been gone after losing 6 in a row.

He did get it right on Sat., but he was under severe pressure to do so , and I hope Vale can produce the same on Tuesday.

Papering over the cracks imo.

Would you agree that sacking your manager with 5 games left would be a huge and expensive gamble?

If we had lost all six by a hatful of goals, you may have had a point. I've had the "privilege" of being at 5 out of the 6 as well as many more games this season. The margins of defeat have been slender and we've had some shocking decisions go against us.

I'm going to Scunthorpe buoyed by yesterday's effort, and I hope for Rob Page's sake as well as our fans that we get enough points to stay out of the bottom four. He's a decent man and I feel he deserves a contract if he keeps us up.

I haven't changed my mind about Page . He's not the man for Vale. Any other manager would have been gone after losing 6 in a row.

He did get it right on Sat., but he was under severe pressure to do so , and I hope Vale can produce the same on Tuesday.

Papering over the cracks imo.

Agreed, if we avoid relegation it should not in anyway be considered an achievement by the manager.

I repeat. Stick with the guy. A gamble worth taking. Let him choose his own backroom team. The retained list has already been sorted I'm sure.

Things are in place for when we are safe.

Going off what he's been selecting in the team from what has been at his disposal, then forgive me for not having confidence in what his proposed retained list will be.

Also, when I repeatedly see him sending Grew up to ask for Glover's instructions - I just feel nauseous...

Going off what he's been selecting in the team from what has been at his disposal, then forgive me for not having confidence in what his proposed retained list will be.

Also, when I repeatedly see him sending Grew up to ask for Glover's instructions - I just feel nauseous...

Not for much longer. Try sucking on a sweet.

Come clean. What's your beef with Page?

He's not good enough....

My beef Ray is promoting from within, not with Rob Page. It's cheap, unoriginal and a complete liability. I know you have a problem with Micky, I understand and can see why, but how in the name of Ken Dodd's dad's dog does taking him out of the equation with his experience, contacts etc & leaving the other three in place solve the problem!?!

I don't like inexperienced managers, it's a risk I'm happy for others to take. For me for every Gary Rowett there's a dozen Shaun Derry's or David Weir's. Even more in context, for every John Rudge there's a Sinnott, Glover & Foyle.

I like Smurf as a rule but he's royally ****ed the manager situation

He's not good enough....

My beef Ray is promoting from within, not with Rob Page. It's cheap, unoriginal and a complete liability. I know you have a problem with Micky, I understand and can see why, but how in the name of Ken Dodd's dad's dog does taking him out of the equation with his experience, contacts etc & leaving the other three in place solve the problem!?!

I don't like inexperienced managers, it's a risk I'm happy for others to take. For me for every Gary Rowett there's a dozen Shaun Derry's or David Weir's. Even more in context, for every John Rudge there's a Sinnott, Glover & Foyle.

I like Smurf as a rule but he's royally ****ed the manager situation

That's absolutelty how I feel.

Archived