onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

page out now

steauavaliant

Advert

If I was Norm I would sit RP down at the end of the season and ask him two questions:-

Q1 Do you plan on having Grew and/or Glover for your assistants next season?

And Q2 Do you plan on offering contracts to more than 5 of the current squad at the end of the season?

If he answered YES to either question then I would ****** him off.

If RP is manger next season I would hate to think what the average attendance will be for that season. I don't think he's done enough and isn't what we need either.

We need somebody to come in who will excite the majority of the fan base into going out and getting a season ticket and that ain't Page.

I like Page as a guy, he (mostly) speaks sense and is doing his best. I also like Smurthwaite, he's done a lot for this club and anyone who doesn't think he's thrown money at it ought to seriously take a look at our squad. Whether he's done it in the right way is questionable and the manager should definitely have had more of a say in it but it's at least better than the V2001 days.

Where we've gone wrong is the detachment from the chairman to the manager. We've had issues at centre half and centre forward all season and we messed about with all sorts of ideas from N'Guessan to Panayayayayatootoo to Campion to Nimely up top with no real answer. At the back until we signed Inniss we'd not dealt with the problem and then that went belly up. We spent too much time and effort on kids (Deen-Conteh, Andoh, Greenidge) before getting the first team sorted and you have to feel a stronger manager would have been stronger with Smurf. Perhaps that's where Adams lost the plot?

Anyways, Page out for me with Glover and Grew following. I'd be perfectly happy keeping Page on somewhere in the club but I don't know how realistic that is. He's not ready to be a manager and his tactics are very naive and haphazard. We need an experienced manager who has some reign to bring in what he wants and get rid of 80% of the squad if possible. We have a handful of players that are good at this level, a number that will do a job as squad players and the rest are League 2 at best. Time for an overhaul.

I like Page as a guy, he (mostly) speaks sense and is doing his best. I also like Smurthwaite, he's done a lot for this club and anyone who doesn't think he's thrown money at it ought to seriously take a look at our squad. Whether he's done it in the right way is questionable and the manager should definitely have had more of a say in it but it's at least better than the V2001 days.

Where we've gone wrong is the detachment from the chairman to the manager. We've had issues at centre half and centre forward all season and we messed about with all sorts of ideas from N'Guessan to Panayayayayatootoo to Campion to Nimely up top with no real answer. At the back until we signed Inniss we'd not dealt with the problem and then that went belly up. We spent too much time and effort on kids (Deen-Conteh, Andoh, Greenidge) before getting the first team sorted and you have to feel a stronger manager would have been stronger with Smurf. Perhaps that's where Adams lost the plot?

Anyways, Page out for me with Glover and Grew following. I'd be perfectly happy keeping Page on somewhere in the club but I don't know how realistic that is. He's not ready to be a manager and his tactics are very naive and haphazard. We need an experienced manager who has some reign to bring in what he wants and get rid of 80% of the squad if possible. We have a handful of players that are good at this level, a number that will do a job as squad players and the rest are League 2 at best. Time for an overhaul.

Agree with nearly everything but I want Rob Page to stay, as long as HE signs the players and picks the team without interference.

That's exactly the same as I feel

If I was Norm I would sit RP down at the end of the season and ask him two questions:-

Q1 Do you plan on having Grew and/or Glover for your assistants next season?

And Q2 Do you plan on offering contracts to more than 5 of the current squad at the end of the season?

If he answered YES to either question then I would fuucck him off.

I wouldn't bother sitting him down,i'd just have his cards and coppers handed to him along with those other two torwts.with them gone norman would have a field day sifting through all the applications,may find that some would take a drop instead of dole money and dipping into a savings pot,there are quality managers and coaches out there far superior to our clowns.

I think if page had anything about him he would have gone to Norman telling him we needed to get a striker with some sort of record in for our run in, as it is he's left IT all to chance, with the very real possibility of relegation now.

I think if page had anything about him he would have gone to Norman telling him we needed to get a striker with some sort of record in for our run in, as it is he's left IT all to chance, with the very real possibility of relegation now.

To be fair, Smurf's ****ing ridiculous fan ultimatum put pay to that! Not such a ****ing good idea now was it Norm?

He hasn't got what it takes and if he goes there will be a few more managers in the dole queue with him, this season is a write off as we're not safe yet and we could still be relegated so Norman has some tough decisions to make to protect his investments but nowt will be done until we know what league we will be in and thereby hangs a tail.

I hope that Smurf has been keeping an eye out,working on a replacement for Page.

I hope that Smurf has been keeping an eye out,working on a replacement for Page.

Christ I don't. This is a man at his own admission knew nothing about football 2 1/2 years ago: I hope he's had the good sense to ask some one who knows what they're on about

Archived