onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Change Needed NOW!

Biddulph_PV

“It is fine margins, but we can’t keep saying that. We have shown we can score goals, but our problem is defensively. We are leaking goals and the sooner that stops the better. We will address it straight away and if we have to make changes we will do. It is as simple as that."

The problem is that the personnel isn't good enough and Page doesn't have many options other than to shuffle the pack.

Whatever combination of players we play in the back four, we concede goals. Soft ones.

The only course of action is to get out into the loan market because I'm sure Page doesn't want to fail his interview for the manager's job on a permanent basis, whereas personally I'm not that keen on watching us grind out turgid, sloppy football between now and the end of the season.

Advert

The only course of action is to get out into the loan market

Do we have a scouting network in place to identify the players we need? Our loan signings this season have failed miserably to address the issue. Are the players we need not available or are we simply not looking in the right places? If only Bob Hazell was 30 years younger!!!

Unfortunately Tim Sherwood didn't get the QPR job because he wanted a 4 year contract worth £2 million a year, when he was offered a rolling contract worth £1 million with bonuses he turned it down. (allegedly).We aren't quite in that league yet where arrogance and greed have taken over but it shows just how difficult it is to employ a decent manager on a respectable wedge,most available are habitual failures,some wouldn't drop down to league 1 as their ego's wouldn't allow them to take what they consider a menial position. We have a youngish manager learning his trade whilst the jury is still out on his qualities and capabilities, our Norm says he is well aware of the teams frailties and is trying to address the problem.I just thought this passage would tend to put things into perspective,Norm might be well heeled but he hasn't got that sort of stupid money to throw around,(and neither apparently has fernandes).

******** are out in force tonight. It's Bristol ****** city !!!

Errr, exactly!!! Not Barcelona which we make the majority of teams look like nowadays. Us "********" are simply very unhappy with some of the decision-making within the club which is directly contributing to the crap that's being served up at the moment.

Bit unfair blaming defenders it's how the whole team set up for me and he's not able or good enough to address the problem, difficult to make decisions when under pressure.At the moment I don't think RP is any where near good enough,however I don't think we should get rid of him until he's had till the end of the season and a chance to show he's good enough.

if page thinks he can change our current squad into one that does not concede goals he is sorely mistaken . dicko has been poor all season . duffy has been poor all season even at centre half his best position . veselli at centre half has been steady but at right back poor . robo is steady at centre half but nothing more . mcgivern at centre half has been poor but at left back looked better but page won't play him now. yates has been very inconsistent this season , if anything his performances have started to slide as the season has gone on .

we need a commanding centre half with some pace . we need a right back . we need a holding / ball winning midfielder ( a michael brown type but younger) .

we do not want a ten men behind the ball tactic every game as this squad cannot defend and i cannot see how page et al cannot see this . use the loan market and quick .

if page thinks he can change our current squad into one that does not concede goals he is sorely mistaken . dicko has been poor all season . duffy has been poor all season even at centre half his best position . veselli at centre half has been steady but at right back poor . robo is steady at centre half but nothing more . mcgivern at centre half has been poor but at left back looked better but page won't play him now. yates has been very inconsistent this season , if anything his performances have started to slide as the season has gone on .

we need a commanding centre half with some pace . we need a right back . we need a holding / ball winning midfielder ( a michael brown type but younger) .

we do not want a ten men behind the ball tactic every game as this squad cannot defend and i cannot see how page et al cannot see this . use the loan market and quick .

Sensible post.

My fear is that Page cannot escape the downfall he has created by his mistakes/tactics/selections. The honeymoon period when he first took charge is a million miles away considering the absolute dirge we have been subjected to recently. Every season we see clubs who hit a brick wall and slide slowly and ungracefully down the leagues. Vale are one such club now.

I did want Page to be successful and I will continue to support my club but many now are expressing their feelings that we have in Page a similar situation Micky reached when he hadn't a clue how to change his ways.

The longer we play deadwood in our team and get tactics so wrong the more doom is created and we slip perilously close to the bottom of the Division. Norm has told us that he recognises where we need correcting. About time some real action and implementation was completed before it's too late. Look around us we are relegation fodder at the moment , that's for certain.

Errr, exactly!!! Not Barcelona which we make the majority of teams look like nowadays. Us "********" are simply very unhappy with some of the decision-making within the club which is directly contributing to the crap that's being served up at the moment.

I must have missed the part where we are entitled to beat top of the league on their own doorstep , or moan like children about it afterwards, my mistake.

I didn't realise we lost to Bradford, did the penalty get rescinded too? I also recall bad refereeing decisions costing us points against Barnsley and Crewe

Yeah we drew, we were extremely lucky to draw and didn't deserve it. Bad refereeing lost us the game against Crewe? Really? They were the better side by a distance until last 20, same for Barnsley we didn't turn up until we went 2-0 down. Does that mean we only got a point because of a brilliant refereeing decision against Bradford?

good coaches dont always make good managers. Page is trying to play fancy football from the premier league in terms of formation (4-4-1-1) without the player capable of doing it. Hes basically Adams in disguise as he rarely makes changes during a game, perfect example being the crewe game when he starts 4-4-1-1 against a 3-5-2 with a holding player infront of the back four. This means your 1 in behind the striker is sat right on thie holding player taking him out of the game (not difficult when its dodds either). We need to play to the squads strengths in terms of pace going forward marshall and moore and put balls into the box. If he doesnt want to play that way, great but change the squad in the summer and make it suit what you want to do, not inherit a squad and make them play a style which is beyond them

Why are people so surprised? Page did well for his first half a dozen games or so but it was simply the 'change of manager' effect that usually takes place when this happens. The players probably try a bit harder to impress him for a while and then sink back into old ways. Page may well turn out to be a half decent manager one day but at the moment he's just a lesser version of Micky Adams, and was just the cheap option. With him in charge along with the likes of Glover and Grew in the background Vale will go nowhere but backwards.

Archived