onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Change Needed NOW!

Biddulph_PV

it showed yesterday that when you have confidence in the abilities of your team mates you then get on with your own game without trying to cover two positions at once.didn' tgo to Walsall but yesterday the team looked more balanced and certainly kept their shape better,and gave Donny a load of problems, do the same to the knots and we have turned the corner,let other teams worry about us for a change.

Advert

Don't disagree at all Bookworm and Santa yes we could sit back and let them come at us but by doing so I always fear conceding one because you have handed the momentum to the opposition. All in all though it was very clear throughout that we had an excellent shape because every player was grafting harder than earlier in the season and worked their socks off to get back behind the ball. Thought this started with Williamson in particular who harassed their back line when in possession.

So you were happy with what you saw at Chesterfield, Crewe and against Bradford (where we were VERY fortunate to get a point) were you??

As I stated for the last three weeks. Against Crewe and Bradford bad officiating probably made us look worse than we were. We all knew we needed a new centre back and its no coincidence that since we signed one we keep two clean sheets.

We are a good attacking side, which imo can push for that 6th place , Oldham is a massive game next Tuesday

As I stated for the last three weeks. Against Crewe and Bradford bad officiating probably made us look worse than we were. We all knew we needed a new centre back and its no coincidence that since we signed one we keep two clean sheets.

We are a good attacking side, which imo can push for that 6th place , Oldham is a massive game next Tuesday

I thought we were dire against Crewe and poor against Bradford. Personally I still think we will struggle to get that far up. But the fixtures do look decent. I'll be very happy with top half.

they are all massive games in this division,i just hope that we can keep innis and keep clear of injuries and by the way,i'm much happier now we are playingwith better shape with a balanced side crewe debacle had little to do with the officials,admit it we were crap.

We are definitely not a top six side and those games you mention were nothing to do with bad officials, just rank bad defending on both a individual and team basis.

I think it's fair to say Page doesn't rate McGivern as a centre half.

To be fair I don't rate mcgivern as a centre half, don't think he's strong enough. However he looked very useful at centre back and I would have him in out strongest 11 there. But at the minute dicko has improved so he will have to wait his chance.

So isnt a centre half a centre back:rolleyes:

Sorry mate, that's a bit daft. There are midweek games this week and then the weekend to think about. We could be 9pts off 6th place at 7.45 next Tuesday. How massive a game is it then?

It depends whether you're a glass half full or half empty kind of person I suppose. Probably more accurate for G4E to say it "could" be a massive game, but to label him daft based on a set of circumstances that haven't happened yet, is...a bit daft.

It's like a few on here and twitter after the Bristol match. We were still 8 points ahead of 4th bottom, yet people were awarding maximum points for teams with games in hand, had us losing to Walsall, Crewe above us etc etc and were getting themselves all worked up.

It depends whether you're a glass half full or half empty kind of person I suppose. Probably more accurate for G4E to say it "could" be a massive game, but to label him daft based on a set of circumstances that haven't happened yet, is...a bit daft.

It's like a few on here and twitter after the Bristol match. We were still 8 points ahead of 4th bottom, yet people were awarding maximum points for teams with games in hand, had us losing to Walsall, Crewe above us etc etc and were getting themselves all worked up.

He's daft because he has already asserted that it IS a massive game. I am basing the daftness on the basis of the unknown elements to which I previously alluded. There's nothing daft in that.

Archived